coaching change

AU64

So when does the call for a new BB coach begin? Don't give me the young and inexperienced stuff.....coaches tried that excuse about the football team and the Auburn 'faithful' refused to accept that.  These guys let a 6'8 240 pound tight end type push them all over the floor and never covered him on obvious plays when he was going to get the ball....and the team still can't shoot foul shots.   

Barbee has had ample time (more than 30 games) to solve those problems and just because he has a bunch of new guys with no big game experience on the road.....getting beat by freaking Seton Hall or whatever by three TDs, I mean...what's with that?  Who even heard of Seaton Hall....and how do you spell it?    Come on fans...it's time for a change....I'm sure we could easily get Roy William or Mike K ....or even Calipairi and turn this program around...it's obvious the current staff can't do the job....and where is the sarcasm icon when you need it?

Yeah I don't see how a team can be so consistently bad at free throws. I have literally never seen an AU team that could make them. I think back in the day Scotty Pohlman and Doc Robinson could make enough to keep the team percentage respectable, but even then the rest of the team was terrible. There has to be some scientific explanation for this!

So when does the call for a new BB coach begin? Don't give me the young and inexperienced stuff.....coaches tried that excuse about the football team and the Auburn 'faithful' refused to accept that.  These guys let a 6'8 240 pound tight end type push them all over the floor and never covered him on obvious plays when he was going to get the ball....and the team still can't shoot foul shots.   

Barbee has had ample time (more than 30 games) to solve those problems and just because he has a bunch of new guys with no big game experience on the road.....getting beat by freaking Seton Hall or whatever by three TDs, I mean...what's with that?  Who even heard of Seaton Hall....and how do you spell it?    Come on fans...it's time for a change....I'm sure we could easily get Roy William or Mike K ....or even Calipairi and turn this program around...it's obvious the current staff can't do the job....and where is the sarcasm icon when you need it?

I hope your joking. If not...Oh well...

Scotty Pohlman

Funny how you mention him because earlier today I was thinking how this Auburn team could use a player like him and a Marquis Daniels.

This team could use several hours in the gym just shooting free throws and after this past games performance if Barbee had any b#%#s he would have them in there standing at the free throw line shooting them until they made 10 in a row...ok they would never leave them gym but maybe until they got to 1000 and do this every day.  I recall free throw shooting costing us lots of games under Lebo and I mean season breaking games.

Yeah I don't see how a team can be so consistently bad at free throws. I have literally never seen an AU team that could make them. I think back in the day Scotty Pohlman and Doc Robinson could make enough to keep the team percentage respectable, but even then the rest of the team was terrible. There has to be some scientific explanation for this!

The scientific explanation is ESPN.  Watch how they report BB games.  All of the highlights are of slam dunks...so guess what the kids growing up practice doing?  Everyone can slam two or three different ways - no one practices free throws any more.  Even the NBA players cant hit a free throw.

Same thing with travelling, palming the ball, and many other FUNDAMENTALS that have gone by the wayside.  I don't watch the NBA for this very reason.  It is physically impossible to pick up your dribble at the 3-point line, and drive in for a dunk, without travelling. 

When I was playing, if you jumped off both feet, that was considered your "two steps".  I've seen players start at the 3 point line, spin move all the way to the basket, and jump off of both feet.  Fundamentally, this would be about 5 steps.  In the NBA, it's called a highlight!

And if you think I am some ancient person that played back in the days of the shortie shorts and underhanded freethrows, I am 37 years old.  It wasn't that long ago that kids were taught how to play basketball the correct way.

Great post a just about died laughing

You ever watch Duke and their players at the free throw line? I agree, I don't see why there is never any improvement from AU at the free throw line. And yes, it has cost us more than a few games.

You ever watch Duke and their players at the free throw line? I agree, I don't see why there is never any improvement from AU at the free throw line. And yes, it has cost us more than a few games.

I do not disagree with this, in fact free throws are a major part of making or breaking you as a team. Just give Barbee another year or two to get his players in fold before throwing him to the wolfs. We are lucky to have him as time will prove...

auburn could not even get a better coach than barbee. we better just hope he dont leave on his own. the free throw thing is mysterious. i would stop letting them practice shooting free throws, im sure they work on it all the time and never improve. so lets try the opposite approach.

Archived