Status and Prognosis for Dee Ford

JasonsDad

One of our biggest losses this year was the injury to Dee Ford.  Does anyone know his prognosis?  Ruptured disk is a very difficult injury and and can be a carreer ending injury.  I hope he's back and 100% for next year but I've heard nothing about how he's doing.  Dee if your reading this You are one of my favorite players and I'm wishing you a speedy recovery. :wareagle:

I've got a friend who said he saw him recently working out at a local gym, and that Dee guaranteed next season will be a night and day difference from this season. Says he is doing well, and will be ready to go. My friend commented that Dee looks like a real life action figure. Maybe 3 or 4 percent body fat. Said Dee confirmed some of the rumors about Dyer, and that he speculated we could see a switch to a 3-4 D. Also commented about a Texas A&M coach possibly getting a look at our next DC. My friend is very reliable and big AU fan. However, those last two pieces of info from Dee do seem to be a little far fetched. But who knows right now? Anyway, hope that helps JasonsDad! War Eagle!

I've got a friend who said he saw him recently working out at a local gym, and that Dee guaranteed next season will be a night and day difference from this season. Says he is doing well, and will be ready to go. My friend commented that Dee looks like a real life action figure. Maybe 3 or 4 percent body fat. Said Dee confirmed some of the rumors about Dyer, and that he speculated we could see a switch to a 3-4 D. Also commented about a Texas A&M coach possibly getting a look at our next DC. My friend is very reliable and big AU fan. However, those last two pieces of info from Dee do seem to be a little far fetched. But who knows right now? Anyway, hope that helps Pops! War Eagle!

I hope he's wrong. First, I like the 4-3 defense better. Second, TAMU's defense sucked worse than ours. I don't want anyone off their defensive staff. Maybe he meant OC.

I've got a friend who said he saw him recently working out at a local gym, and that Dee guaranteed next season will be a night and day difference from this season. Says he is doing well, and will be ready to go. My friend commented that Dee looks like a real life action figure. Maybe 3 or 4 percent body fat. Said Dee confirmed some of the rumors about Dyer, and that he speculated we could see a switch to a 3-4 D. Also commented about a Texas A&M coach possibly getting a look at our next DC. My friend is very reliable and big AU fan. However, those last two pieces of info from Dee do seem to be a little far fetched. But who knows right now? Anyway, hope that helps JasonsDad! War Eagle!

Good info.  Only one thing...I doubt the players get much feedback from the coaches about potential hires or folks interviewing for the OC and DC positions. 

Dansby, i would have to agree with you. I don't think the players would be too privy to that info either. However, thats supposedly what Dee said. We shall see I guess.

Jville, I prefer 4-3 as well, and not quite sure we have the linebackers for a 3-4 scheme. Looking at a&m's site, they don't have an OC listed. ??

Dansby, i would have to agree with you. I don't think the players would be too privy to that info either. However, thats supposedly what Dee said. We shall see I guess.

Jville, I prefer 4-3 as well, and not quite sure we have the linebackers for a 3-4 scheme. Looking at a&m's site, they don't have an OC listed. ??

I think some of our defensive ends would become linebackers if we moved to 3-4

I think some of our defensive ends would become linebackers if we moved to 3-4

Auburn barely has enough proven LBers for the 4-3. I guess they would have to play DE as LBs. The 3-4 LBs have to be bigger, much bigger.

Sigler can play DE or LB too.  Also Lemonier can easily shift and jump into an LB position.    We have the personnel to play 4 very big LBs.

That makes sense. They just hired a new coach. I am sure there are a lot of changes coming to that staff.

Sigler can play DE or LB too.  Also Lemonier can easily shift and jump into an LB position.    We have the personnel to play 4 very big LBs.

It probably has more to do with playing in space vs. having your hand on the ground than size.

It's prob similar to an office type setting.  Rumors and names are floated around and folks around the athletic dept hear them, but nothing is ever "officially" discussed.

I hate to say it but some need to hear it. There is no way we are moving to a 3-4 , first off we are not recruiting to move to a 3-4 j. Mitchell , Kwon, K Frost, Garrett, etc. are not 3-4 types of LBs and we have noone near the size to be a true NT. Look at Bama and UGA at there 3-4 before they got a dominant guy in the middle (I believe it is the most important position in that D) they were average at best. Last I checked we are not recruiting anyone to fit that mold. Please stop with the 3-4 talk unless you want to change HC and be mediocre at best till we get the proper personal. And I am no expert but you can't take a DE and just all of a sudden turn him into a LB, there is a huge transition to the position.  There is nothing wrong with the 4-3 by the way take a look at LSU.

I have always believed 3-4 defenses are better if you get the personel for it. You rarely see a 3-4 program switch back to 4-3. The only problem is making the switch, it usually takes 2 years before it really is full strength.

Archived