AU vs. UTEP

AuburnBasketball

I've watched a lot of games this year (only missed 2 i think) and the major problem i see every time is their lack of rhythm and smoothness on both sides of the ball. it is so frustrating watching them because they have got potential and they aren't showing it.  :banghead:

Barbee still trying to see who his "players" are at this point...I've watched four games on TV and different line-up in each game.  They are coming along but are not a "team" yet....but they are getting better.

:we:

A little depth and an upgrade in talent has never hurt anyone. I am excited about this season and the future of Auburn Basketball. CTB is a GENIUS! War Eagle baby!

We don't take care of the ball well enough.  Too many turnovers.  We have too many unnecessary fouls.  We need to develop a Center now.  Chubb is not strong enough in the paint.  He also has weak hands.  On the positives:  Ward and Gabriel work well together.  I like how Coach Barbee is working the two transfers in slowly.  I see Johnson and Neysmith being factors entering conference play.  I still am holding out hope that this team will be a contender in the SEC.  WAR EAGLE ! ! ! 

We will improve. Coach is going to make some things happen. Chubbs has some turnover issues. I agree with a poster above that Coach is finding his players.

Well, we certainly looked better overall than against Long Beach, so that's a positive. There is some talent on this team and I have some hope that we can make a little noise as the season goes along. We are still def lacking a presence in the middle though. Pretty frustrating watching all those missed opportunites. Merry Christmas folks!!

I've got 2 things:

1. I think this team is more frustrating to watch than last years team, but they are better.

2. Chubb should not be our center period. He cant catch a cold and is very uncoordinated to say the least. I will start Forbes over him or let Kouassi get the starts and get a lot of experience for the upcoming years.

I've got 2 things:

1. I think this team is more frustrating to watch than last years team, but they are better.

2. Chubb should not be our center period. He cant catch a cold and is very uncoordinated to say the least. I will start Forbes over him or let Kouassi get the starts and get a lot of experience for the upcoming years.

Last years team was funner to watch because they played so hard. This team doesn't do that

I've got 2 things:

Last years team was funner to watch because they played so hard. This team doesn't do that

You hit the nail on the head. Exactly what i think too, but maybe barbee can bang it into their heads before to long

Patience folks....things just getting started....still have almost 20 games left to play.  Some guys are playing themselves into the line-up and some are playing themselves out of the line-up.  And it's time to see if the newcomers like Johnson and Ward and the freshmen can play as a team.     

Consider where we were last season at this time...had lost to Columbus State, Samford, UNC-Asheville and Campbell College if I remember.    Some of the comparisons made above probably relate to how the team finished last season vs where they are starting this season.  IMO, we are already at a much higher level than a year ago and with more depth.  There is good reason to expect the team will improve game by game.

:we:

Willie Kouassi, Josh Langford, Chris Denson, Varez Ward, Noel Johnson, Cedric McAfee, Jordan Price, and etc. The level of talent being brought in by Barbee is reforming Auburn Basketball.

I believe we will be a NIT team this season, and back in the NCAA Tournament in the 2012-2013 season.

Willie Kouassi, Josh Langford, Chris Denson, Varez Ward, Noel Johnson, Cedric McAfee, Jordan Price, and etc. The level of talent being brought in by Barbee is reforming Auburn Basketball.

I believe we will be a NIT team this season, and back in the NCAA Tournament in the 2012-2013 season.

No argument that there has been a talent-upgrade, but the lack of intensity by those players is a real concern.  Did u notice that UTEP out-hustled AU with a ton of Frosh???

No argument that there has been a talent-upgrade, but the lack of intensity by those players is a real concern.  Did u notice that UTEP out-hustled AU with a ton of Frosh???

I bet you couldn't tell me how many teams we lost to last season that were younger than us? I know i can't and probably not many Auburn basketball fans can either. That's a good thing though. Higher expectations are in place for this basketball program, and that means more of us fans are paying attention.

Archived