Why does it always to me seem like a rebuilding year for our basketball team.

Scooter1978

This year I had very high hopes and told everyone this year Auburn will make it to the big dance.  We have everything in place to have a top 25 class every year.  What else can we do.  We have two players leaving,one that could have been an all American but may have made more bad passes than he could have.  Does anyone have the answer.

I know how you feel in a lot of ways. I've really tried to get behind Auburn basketball but they don't always make it easy. However, we did improve from last year and I expect us to continue that trend for at least each of the next two years. If we're not a good program by then, then I'll be ready to jump overboard too. But I have faith  :we:

the play on the court is better.  the recruiting is better.  i think the coaching is much better.  the fans are better.  the arena is better.  i think everything is getting better.  if that continues, with barbee as an engaging, reputable, and sound coach then the success has a chance to snowball.  all of the parameters play off one another ... the better the play, the recruits, the fans then the play, the recruits and fans will get even better (faster)

the play on the court is better.  the recruiting is better.  i think the coaching is much better.  the fans are better.  the arena is better.  i think everything is getting better.  if that continues, with barbee as an engaging, reputable, and sound coach then the success has a chance to snowball.  all of the parameters play off one another ... the better the play, the recruits, the fans then the play, the recruits and fans will get even better (faster)

This. Barbee walked into a tough situation, and we did not have the dribble drive personal to immediately be successful. It will take time, only because it was a nasty situation three years ago. Like Barbee said, Auburn will have big success, its just a matter of WHEN.

Archived