2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

I haven't seen anything lately from 23. He has been pretty adamant about Ronnie wanting to go AU, but the prevailing sentiment is obviously UA.

No he hasn't. His highest % for Clark was 55 or 60%. That is not very adamant at all.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this isn't over yet, but I'm preparing to see this thread take the walk of shame to the rivals recruiting thread. Ha!

You could call it the green mile. Hard to let them go.

Well, this isn't over yet, but I'm preparing to see this thread take the walk of shame to the rivals recruiting thread. Ha!

You could call it the green mile. Hard to let them go.

A sad thought but stated in a hilarious way.

I have a Corndog buddy that is very concerned that bammer may be lookin' to Hootie Jones now as well. He told me that Jones and Cam Robinson were big buddies. I was telling him we thought that might be the lure they needed to secure Clark. Could he have been confusing Clark and Jones? Both are Safeties...anyone else heard anything about CR and Hootie being buds?

I have a Corndog buddy that is very concerned that bammer may be lookin' to Hootie Jones now as well. He told me that Jones and Cam Robinson were big buddies. I was telling him we thought that might be the lure they needed to secure Clark. Could he have been confusing Clark and Jones? Both are Safeties...anyone else heard anything about CR and Hootie being buds?

That is what I have heard...... Robinson and Clark are friends..... don't know about Jones.

I've heard that Bama is after Hootie, but the Tigahs are pushing back hard on him. Could get interesting in the Monroe, LA area....

No confusions. Bama wants any 2 of 3 of Clark, Hootie, and CJ Hampton.

My son graduated from CHS last year and my daughter will be there next year. I can tell ya Ronnie is a super kid and it will hurt that much more if he does choose the dark side. Hopefully we can step up our game this year and give kids like Ronnie a reason to be optimistic about becoming an Auburn Tiger. I will be going to some of the his games this year and will be sure to let him know that we would love to have him be apart of the Auburn Family. By the way, Calera's mascot is a Eagle. Alot of us Auburn fans yell out "Warrrr Eagle, hey!!" during kick offs at the Calera games.

As always my friends, War Eagle!

With the defensive showing last weekend, holding a potent offense out of the end zone, I wonder if Clark might be warming to the thought of playing on the Plains? Would sure be nice, and I think he fits better in the 4-2-5 than the 3-4 if he is indeed to play safety, as he seems to want.

With the defensive showing last weekend, holding a potent offense out of the end zone, I wonder if Clark might be warming to the thought of playing on the Plains? Would sure be nice, and I think he fits better in the 4-2-5 than the 3-4 if he is indeed to play safety, as he seems to want.

I thought Clark set his commitment date and it is soon. All indications are if he commits soon it will be to AL. In this thread is has been said that he is getting pressure from AL to pull the trigger because they are running out of space in their class.

I thought Clark set his commitment date and it is soon. All indications are if he commits soon it will be to AL. In this thread is has been said that he is getting pressure from AL to pull the trigger because they are running out of space in their class.

Clark's dad said last week that Ronnie would commit this week. Ronnie on the other hand has not seemed to feel that is a definite.

From The Anniston Star. Good article by Marq Burnett written Sept 7th.

http://www.thepiedmontjournal.com/view/full_story_alabama/23559827/article-Four-star-prospect-from-Calera-will-pick-between-Tide--Tigers

Excerpts:

He has narrowed his college choices down to Alabama and Auburn.

“I get that question everyday,” Clark said following Calera’s 56-32 victory over Dora on Friday night. “Every time I walk into school, people are asking me where I’m going. They think I’m trying to surprise them, but I just want to make the best decision for me.”

Clark’s father, Ronnie Clark Sr., said the two are still up in the air on which college he’ll attend next year.

“I’m really impressed with both schools (Alabama and Auburn),” the elder Clark said. “You can’t go wrong with either one of them. We’re just going to trust God and wherever God decides he needs to end up, that’s what we’re going to go with.”

Clark recently visited Alabama. He said he’s developed a relationship with a lot of players, including senior wide receiver Kenny Bell, whom Clark said is his cousin.

He also named Tide defensive end Denzel Devall and some of Alabama’s freshmen as players he has built a connection with.

“The players, the coaches and all the people you’re going to be around down there are all great,” Clark said. “They take good care of you down there. They have great facilities, and every time I’m there, I get closer with the coaches.”

Clark plans to take another visit to Auburn before making his decision, but has not set a date for the trip.

“We do plan to take another trip to Auburn,” Ronnie Clark Sr. said. “I can’t say when because we have such a hectic schedule, but whenever we do go to Auburn, that’ll be the last visit.”

Clark Sr. said they hope to have a news conference when announcing the decision.

“We’re looking at (making a decision in) the next two weeks so he won’t have any more distractions,” the elder Clark said. “I’m looking forward to talking everything over with him in the next two weeks and hopefully making a decision.”

“We do plan to take another trip to Auburn,” Ronnie Clark Sr. said. “I can’t say when because we have such a hectic schedule, but whenever we do go to Auburn, that’ll be the last visit.”

“We’re looking at (making a decision in) the next two weeks so he won’t have any more distractions,” the elder Clark said. “I’m looking forward to talking everything over with him in the next two weeks and hopefully making a decision.”

If they stick with that timeline then the odds would be very high Ronnie visits for the Miss St game as we are atLSU and off the following weeks.

Clark's dad said last week that Ronnie would commit this week. Ronnie on the other hand has not seemed to feel that is a definite.

Yeah, it's the fact that a week has passed since his father said that which encourages me so much.

Yeah, it's the fact that a week has passed since his father said that which encourages me so much.

I would not start getting encouraged until a couple more weeks go by with no commitment. Bama has a lot of momentum with Clark in getting childhood tight friends Cam Robinson and Cam Sims. Ronnie's dad is Cam Robinson's godfather so that's a bit tighter than buds just wanting to play together.

I would not start getting encouraged until a couple more weeks go by with no commitment. Bama has a lot of momentum with Clark in getting childhood tight friends Cam Robinson and Cam Sims. Ronnie's dad is Cam Robinson's godfather so that's a bit tighter than buds just wanting to play together.

Definitely true but I can't help but think if Bama has all that going for it and he still can't pull the trigger, he must really like AU.

Definitely true but I can't help but think if Bama has all that going for it and he still can't pull the trigger, he must really like AU.

Like many recruiting battles involving Bama it may not be his decision in the end.

Eh, what I was getting at is that he hasn't committed and it's been more than a week, which suggests that deadline wasn't realistic in the first place. I know that the longer he waits, the better it is for us.

Archived