2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

To me ( and this is totally my opinion) if Ronnie comes to Auburn he has more than great chance to start playing immediately and making an impact on the other end if he goes to bama he is going to be waiting awhile to see the field. I can see why players would want to go there since they are top dog right now and other "benefits" that have been given out but if you want playing time for a team that is on the way up then Auburn is a great place to go. I can't fault him for going to bama though but it should be his decision and his alone

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This weekend should say a little something if the rumors that Sabear is about to ramp it up on Clark's upcoming visit. I have a feeling that he will be told a bunch of things this weekend and I hope it is enough to turn him off.

Look at Tana Patrick and Jonathan Atchinson at bama. Both of them could have started at Auburn, but they chose bama. Neither one have seen the field since their senior year of high school. Now you tell me what's the fastest way to the NFL? Sitting on bench at bama, or actually playing at auburn?

Good point. Eric Smiths little brother too. How'd that work out for him?

I'm thinking if they couldn't make it to the field at bammer they would have been less than sensational at AU. Not so sure we missed much in those three.

I agree, just noting their thinking was misguided.

Corey Grant says hello.

Corey Grant is not a starter. He's in his third year at AU, counting his transfer year and is just now contributing. Never likely to beat out a starter for the regular running back position. I'm glad he's here, but he doesn't fit the "would have started at Auburn" statement above.

Thanks for putting it straight. HE is a contributor, but people rip bama for sitting 4 star players. That's what they are supposed to do. If they do not see the field that is their problem not ours. Auburn will not get more talent in a few years. The mentality needs to change or we need to win. How do you win without better players? Gus may get a pass this year but next year...nine wins is a must to improve recruiting.

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see the previous post. It wouldn't even matter as I doubt he actually knows squat about the subject.

I am going to pretend you did not post that....please take your trash talking elsewhere. If you want non objective opinions, keep posting. Winning is what makes a difference, besides relationships, get your head out of the sand if you want to talk recruiting or else we can talk in five months.

Okay bro, first your post makes no sense. What was put straight? Mikey was simply commenting on CG and others as to whether there were players at Bama sitting that would be starting at AU. Yes people rip Bama (but not for sitting 4* players) all the time. Unless you are trying to say that he sits players that he should be playing? Couldn't tell what you meant. Then you say that Auburn will not get better players/talent in a few years. WTF is that suppose to mean?? Then the mentality has to change you say or we need to win?? What mentality is that exactly?? Of course we need to win. But just to make my point would you say that Texas has bad players or bad coaching?? Do we have bad players and good coaches or vice versa?? To answer your silly question, you can win with coaching, hard work and/or good players but just good players won't win you a damn thing. And finally exactly what is Gus getting a pass from and who is giving this pass?? And how did you arrive at 9 wins as a must for improving recruiting??

You quote things that you don't even allude to in your post. And WTF is a "non-objective opinion"?? I know what you think you are saying but... Finally, thank God you say something that is coherent in "Winning makes a difference along with (you say besides but that is incorrect, no shock to anyone attempting to read this I'm certain) relationships". Then you reference five months from now (which I have to assume is your alluding to NSD) and talking then. Which since I follow recruiting is very likely although you might want to stick to a subject for which you have some knowledge of. Because if you have it, you are not so good at sharing it. The one thing you hit head on is my proximity to sand! But it's my ass/toes that are in the sand, not my head. #WDE

I fell asleep two sentences into that little diatribe. Can someone summarize?

Apparently, I said something in my criticism that he took personally. I was talking about people having realistic expectations and the need for Auburn to win on the field this year and next in order to make an impression and build relationships with recruits to make REAL progress, but somehow Texas has something to do with Auburn. Sit in the sand or Whatever.

Look at Tana Patrick and Jonathan Atchinson at bama. Both of them could have started at Auburn, but they chose bama. Neither one have seen the field since their senior year of high school. Now you tell me what's the fastest way to the NFL? Sitting on bench at bama, or actually playing at auburn?

Good point. Eric Smiths little brother too. How'd that work out for him?

I'm thinking if they couldn't make it to the field at bammer they would have been less than sensational at AU. Not so sure we missed much in those three.

I agree, just noting their thinking was misguided.

Corey Grant says hello.

Corey Grant is not a starter. He's in his third year at AU, counting his transfer year and is just now contributing. Never likely to beat out a starter for the regular running back position. I'm glad he's here, but he doesn't fit the "would have started at Auburn" statement above.

Thanks for putting it straight. HE is a contributor, but people rip bama for sitting 4 star players. That's what they are supposed to do. If they do not see the field that is their problem not ours. Auburn will not get more talent in a few years. The mentality needs to change or we need to win. How do you win without better players? Gus may get a pass this year but next year...nine wins is a must to improve recruiting.

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see the previous post. It wouldn't even matter as I doubt he actually knows squat about the subject.

I am going to pretend you did not post that....please take your trash talking elsewhere. If you want non objective opinions, keep posting. Winning is what makes a difference, besides relationships, get your head out of the sand if you want to talk recruiting or else we can talk in five months.

Okay bro, first your post makes no sense. What was put straight? Mikey was simply commenting on CG and others as to whether there were players at Bama sitting that would be starting at AU. Yes people rip Bama (but not for sitting 4* players) all the time. Unless you are trying to say that he sits players that he should be playing? Couldn't tell what you meant. Then you say that Auburn will not get better players/talent in a few years. WTF is that suppose to mean?? Then the mentality has to change you say or we need to win?? What mentality is that exactly?? Of course we need to win. But just to make my point would you say that Texas has bad players or bad coaching?? Do we have bad players and good coaches or vice versa?? To answer your silly question, you can win with coaching, hard work and/or good players but just good players won't win you a damn thing. And finally exactly what is Gus getting a pass from and who is giving this pass?? And how did you arrive at 9 wins as a must for improving recruiting??

You quote things that you don't even allude to in your post. And WTF is a "non-objective opinion"?? I know what you think you are saying but... Finally, thank God you say something that is coherent in "Winning makes a difference along with (you say besides but that is incorrect, no shock to anyone attempting to read this I'm certain) relationships". Then you reference five months from now (which I have to assume is your alluding to NSD) and talking then. Which since I follow recruiting is very likely although you might want to stick to a subject for which you have some knowledge of. Because if you have it, you are not so good at sharing it. The one thing you hit head on is my proximity to sand! But it's my ass/toes that are in the sand, not my head. #WDE

I fell asleep two sentences into that little diatribe. Can someone summarize?

Apparently, I said something in my criticism that he took personally. I was talking about people having realistic expectations and the need for Auburn to win on the field this year and next in order to make an impression and build relationships with recruits to make REAL progress, but somehow Texas has something to do with Auburn. Sit in the sand or Whatever.

I was just making light of the squabbling fellas, certainly not trying to prolong the matter. Let's talk some Auburn football.

Personally i'm thinking Clark is right at the top of uncomitted players that we really need to get. We are crazy thin at safety and IMO we need at least 2 in this recruiting class that can come in and take some snaps their first year. Hopefully some of the big time safety's left out there will see that and jump on board pretty soon!

Personally i'm thinking Clark is right at the top of uncomitted players that we really need to get. We are crazy thin at safety and IMO we need at least 2 in this recruiting class that can come in and take some snaps their first year. Hopefully some of the big time safety's left out there will see that and jump on board pretty soon!

Moncrief should be ready to go and I think Harding will develop into a stud back there as well.

Clark would do wonders for a secondary in need. Hopefully he recognizes this. In defending the spread offenses these guys on the backend need to have great skill sets. Between moncrief and keeping fingers crossedon Clark, we would be upgrading our defense

Moncrief should be ready to go and I think Harding will develop into a stud back there as well.

I'm a little worried that both of those guys could grow into more of a LB type. I'd love to have some big safeties back there that could fly around, but we'll have to see how those two fill out and hold up vs SEC speed.

I'm a little worried that both of those guys could grow into more of a LB type. I'd love to have some big safeties back there that could fly around, but we'll have to see how those two fill out and hold up vs SEC speed.

SEC speed is not an issue for Moncrief. I can promise you that much.

Considering the shape that our linebacker corps is in and has been in, maybe those guys growing into LB's would be a grerat thing!

Considering the shape that our linebacker corps is in and has been in, maybe those guys growing into LB's would be a grerat thing!

True statement....but we are already thin at safety as things stand now so if anybody is going to move from safety to LB then we need to find some more safeties in this class!! Plus Moncrief isn't going ot be around for long so the freshman we are recruiting in this class should really be thought of more as his replacement then his competition......if that makes sense.

What is the latest word on Ronnie after the weekend push by Alabama?

He was not on the visitor list for Bama and there was no indication he was there. FTR this was the only place I saw that there would be a push to get Clark to see Bama this weekend. There was no mention on any Bama sites as far as I could see on a push to get Clark there last weekend.

What is the latest word on Ronnie after the weekend push by Alabama?

He was not on the visitor list for Bama and there was no indication he was there. FTR this was the only place I saw that there would be a push to get Clark to see Bama this weekend. There was no mention on any Bama sites as far as I could see on a push to get Clark there last weekend.

Yeah, he wasn't on their visitor list.

Link

Charles Power of BOL confirms Clark will announce at noon tomorrow.

No other details at the moment.

Since BOL is the recruiting site getting the confirmation Bama is probably the winner here. I still think we needed more time here.

Link

Charles Power of BOL confirms Clark will announce at noon tomorrow.

No other details at the moment.

Since BOL is the recruiting site getting the confirmation Bama is probably the winner here. I still think we needed more time here.

Well the source is AL.com and it specifically is an interview with the Calera high school coach and Jeff Sentell with Al.com. So from that perspective it doesn't look as if the BOL guy was the sources or "broke" the news. It would sound as if he was just repeating the AL.com story. Granted he probably ends up at UAT.

Archived