2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

Auburn will win both lines of scrimage Saturday. It won't be by overpowering strength but tecnique and speed. I saw the light start to come on in the fourth quarter last week. Look for Daniels to see more time at the Tech 3 position. Gus and Rhet called a good game last week. The offense just missed a few. Look for a more solid passing game early followed by a good ground game late for ball control.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty certain that RC is as confused as anyone right now. Going back to the interview KN @ AUC had with him a couple months ago and his comment that even if he commited he very well could flip, it would seem that his heart is one place while maybe his head is another. If he commits tomorrow to AU or bammer, whoever isn't chosen is more likely to be where he ends up. IYAM, and no one did but I'll tell you anyway, he would prefer to play at AU. He just wants to be 100% certain that everything will be alright. Bammer is winning and we have not been. Add to that the pressure instate kids feel to attend bammer and you have what we are watching unfold before our eyes.

I think his heart is with AU, but his dad wants bama. If he chooses bama, I think he might flip to us by January. If he choses us now he will stay a Tiger.

Look at Tana Patrick and Jonathan Atchinson at bama. Both of them could have started at Auburn, but they chose bama. Neither one have seen the field since their senior year of high school. Now you tell me what's the fastest way to the NFL? Sitting on bench at bama, or actually playing at auburn?

Good point. Eric Smiths little brother too. How'd that work out for him?

Look at Tana Patrick and Jonathan Atchinson at bama. Both of them could have started at Auburn, but they chose bama. Neither one have seen the field since their senior year of high school. Now you tell me what's the fastest way to the NFL? Sitting on bench at bama, or actually playing at auburn?

thats as part of college football though. we also have guys who wont sniff the field at certain positions. will be more too as more talent arrives

I'm thinking if they couldn't make it to the field at bammer they would have been less than sensational at AU. Not so sure we missed much in those three.

I'm thinking if they couldn't make it to the field at bammer they would have been less than sensational at AU. Not so sure we missed much in those three.

I agree, Mikey.

I agree, just noting their thinking was misguided.

Corey Grant says hello. Different schemes, coaching, atmosphere and philosophies, but we will never know........ :wareagle:

Corey Grant says hello.

Corey Grant is not a starter. He's in his third year at AU, counting his transfer year and is just now contributing. Never likely to beat out a starter for the regular running back position. I'm glad he's here, but he doesn't fit the "would have started at Auburn" statement above.

Corey Grant says hello.

Corey Grant is not a starter. He's in his third year at AU, counting his transfer year and is just now contributing. Never likely to beat out a starter for the regular running back position. I'm glad he's here, but he doesn't fit the "would have started at Auburn" statement above.

Thanks for putting it straight. HE is a contributor, but people rip bama for sitting 4 star players. That's what they are supposed to do. If they do not see the field that is their problem not ours. Auburn will not get more talent in a few years. The mentality needs to change or we need to win. How do you win without better players? Gus may get a pass this year but next year...nine wins is a must to improve recruiting.

We shouldn't take stars as gospel. Everything is relative and there will always be misses, both high and low. Some of those sitting 4 stars may be misses who could have signed with lesser programs and still be sitting.

Garner is very capable at getting talent and he will. If you can develop talent you can take some raw kids a la Kennion and Lawrence. Both are raw and don't have all the bad habits that the majority of our returning DL have displayed. He has done wonders considering!! We went 3-4 years without developing one dang player!!! NOT ONE!!! Lemonier and Lutz were no better last year than they were two years prior.

That is what has to change IMO. If you prove that you can take good talent and make great players you are far more likely to get a highly ranked kid to sign on. They see what you did with a less talented kid and realize that if you did it for that kid then they know you can help them. Look at the improvment to this point from where we were last year. Then think if anyone had bothered to actually coach the last two years where we would have been. If we don't sign Clark or Evans you can thank the previous staff. They are the ones who tried to cover up the lowly state our program had submerged into. They are the ones signing top classes yet nobody is any good! You can't pin the failures of Chiz & Co. on Gus. He has done as well as could be hoped for. It will take at least one more year to crawl out of the pit we dug for ourselves. At least one!

Garner is very capable at getting talent and he will. If you can develop talent you can take some raw kids a la Kennion and Lawrence. Both are raw and don't have all the bad habits that the majority of our returning DL have displayed. He has done wonders considering!! We went 3-4 years without developing one dang player!!! NOT ONE!!! Lemonier and Lutz were no better last year than they were two years prior.

That is what has to change IMO. If you prove that you can take good talent and make great players you are far more likely to get a highly ranked kid to sign on. They see what you did with a less talented kid and realize that if you did it for that kid then they know you can help them. Look at the improvment to this point from where we were last year. Then think if anyone had bothered to actually coach the last two years where we would have been. If we don't sign Clark or Evans you can thank the previous staff. They are the ones who tried to cover up the lowly state our program had submerged into. They are the ones signing top classes yet nobody is any good! You can't pin the failures of Chiz & Co. on Gus. He has done as well as could be hoped for. It will take at least one more year to crawl out of the pit we dug for ourselves. At least one!

Dixie is on top of it right now. There must be a blue moon outside. Ha

Sorry about the mini-rant. I really hope that Rashaan will decide to play for the Home Team. He could contribute early in certain situations and ST. He can be very disruptive in opponents backfields. You won't regret it son.

Heard today that Ronnie will be in Tuscaloosa Saturday & more pressure than ever will be applied to get him to commit to bama. If he does not it really looks good for the good guys.

Heard today that Ronnie will be in Tuscaloosa Saturday & more pressure than ever will be applied to get him to commit to bama. If he does not it really looks good for the good guys.

respecfully disagree. I don't think him going to Bama or not this weekend means much of anything. If it get's late in the season without Clark being committed then it starts looking good for the good guys.

respecfully disagree. I don't think him going to Bama or not this weekend means much of anything. If it get's late in the season without Clark being committed then it starts looking good for the good guys.

Hope you are correct, but I was told Saban & Company are putting the full court press on Ronnie & his family this weekend, and if that attempt doesn't sway him (after his dad told Bone he was going to commit last week) then I think it bodes well for us.

Hope you are correct, but I was told Saban & Company are putting the full court press on Ronnie & his family this weekend, and if that attempt doesn't sway him (after his dad told Bone he was going to commit last week) then I think it bodes well for us.

Good stuff. I did not have that info.

Sounds like dad wants to play for saban himself!

Sounds like dad wants to play for saban himself!

Can't blame him though. He has a Godson committed to them now.

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see the previous post. It wouldn't even matter as I doubt he actually knows squat about the subject.

I am going to pretend you did not post that....please take your trash talking elsewhere. If you want non objective opinions, keep posting. Winning is what makes a difference, besides relationships, get your head out of the sand if you want to talk recruiting or else we can talk in five months.

Corey Grant says hello.

Thanks for putting it straight. HE is a contributor, but people rip bama for sitting 4 star players. That's what they are supposed to do. If they do not see the field that is their problem not ours. Auburn will not get more talent in a few years. The mentality needs to change or we need to win. How do you win without better players? Gus may get a pass this year but next year...nine wins is a must to improve recruiting.

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't see the previous post. It wouldn't even matter as I doubt he actually knows squat about the subject.

I am going to pretend you did not post that....please take your trash talking elsewhere. If you want non objective opinions, keep posting. Winning is what makes a difference, besides relationships, get your head out of the sand if you want to talk recruiting or else we can talk in five months.

Okay bro, first your post makes no sense. What was put straight? Mikey was simply commenting on CG and others as to whether there were players at Bama sitting that would be starting at AU. Yes people rip Bama (but not for sitting 4* players) all the time. Unless you are trying to say that he sits players that he should be playing? Couldn't tell what you meant. Then you say that Auburn will not get better players/talent in a few years. WTF is that suppose to mean?? Then the mentality has to change you say or we need to win?? What mentality is that exactly?? Of course we need to win. But just to make my point would you say that Texas has bad players or bad coaching?? Do we have bad players and good coaches or vice versa?? To answer your silly question, you can win with coaching, hard work and/or good players but just good players won't win you a damn thing. And finally exactly what is Gus getting a pass from and who is giving this pass?? And how did you arrive at 9 wins as a must for improving recruiting??

You quote things that you don't even allude to in your post. And WTF is a "non-objective opinion"?? I know what you think you are saying but... Finally, thank God you say something that is coherent in "Winning makes a difference along with (you say besides but that is incorrect, no shock to anyone attempting to read this I'm certain) relationships". Then you reference five months from now (which I have to assume is your alluding to NSD) and talking then. Which since I follow recruiting is very likely although you might want to stick to a subject for which you have some knowledge of. Because if you have it, you are not so good at sharing it. The one thing you hit head on is my proximity to sand! But it's my ass/toes that are in the sand, not my head. #WDE

Corey Grant says hello.

Okay bro, first your post makes no sense. What was put straight? Mikey was simply commenting on CG and others as to whether there were players at Bama sitting that would be starting at AU. Yes people rip Bama (but not for sitting 4* players) all the time. Unless you are trying to say that he sits players that he should be playing? Couldn't tell what you meant. Then you say that Auburn will not get better players/talent in a few years. WTF is that suppose to mean?? Then the mentality has to change you say or we need to win?? What mentality is that exactly?? Of course we need to win. But just to make my point would you say that Texas has bad players or bad coaching?? Do we have bad players and good coaches or vice versa?? To answer your silly question, you can win with coaching, hard work and/or good players but just good players won't win you a damn thing. And finally exactly what is Gus getting a pass from and who is giving this pass?? And how did you arrive at 9 wins as a must for improving recruiting??

You quote things that you don't even allude to in your post. And WTF is a "non-objective opinion"?? I know what you think you are saying but... Finally, thank God you say something that is coherent in "Winning makes a difference along with (you say besides but that is incorrect, no shock to anyone attempting to read this I'm certain) relationships". Then you reference five months from now (which I have to assume is your alluding to NSD) and talking then. Which since I follow recruiting is very likely although you might want to stick to a subject for which you have some knowledge of. Because if you have it, you are not so good at sharing it. The one thing you hit head on is my proximity to sand! But it's my ass/toes that are in the sand, not my head. #WDE

I fell asleep two sentences into that little diatribe. Can someone summarize?

Archived