2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't understand how these kids keep choosing Alabama.. I mean Saban is obviously losing his grip on the program and story after story about minor violations keep coming up. Not to mention he could leave any day now for Texas. Not to mention the complete bulls*** way they treat their players. What does it take to get a win in the recruiting game against the turds? Apparently wins are the only thing that matter to recruits now.

And we lose again....

chose bama. damn it. I'm so sick of those guys.

It's early, things could change. We need to show improvement, player development and win. Who know what will happen come signing day.

And we lose again....

chose bama. damn it. I'm so sick of those guys.

It's early, things could change. We need to show improvement, player development and win. Who know what will happen come signing day.

Let's move on and not obsess about whether or not this guy flips. It is too time consuming and makes some of us seem like whiners. Let's support the coaches who will continue to recruit an OLB who will be just as good or better and who will want to come to Auburn. If a 4 or 5 star linebacker chooses to come to Auburn and do the required work, he may play early and long in his career. If he goes to Bammer he may sit a year, be a freshman with little playing time his second year, maybe play some or get processed out his sophomore year because the next best phenom is signing, and on and on. Ronnie Clark didn't love Auburn as some thought so good luck to him in Turdville. Now, can we lock this thread about a player who has committed to another school?

Like it or not they are sending kids to the pros and that's what these kids are thinking about. winning will help us close the gap.

I really don't understand how these kids keep choosing Alabama.. I mean Saban is obviously losing his grip on the program and story after story about minor violations keep coming up. Not to mention he could leave any day now for Texas. Not to mention the complete bulls*** way they treat their players. What does it take to get a win in the recruiting game against the turds? Apparently wins are the only thing that matter to recruits now.

Wins are definitely important to these kids. Everyone says playing time, depth at position, etc., but wins are the most important thing. It's sad, but this is what is taught as young as pop warner. Kids will sit the bench in the chance of getting a ring. With elite recruits, they know they will see the field more times than not, and that if you go to an Alabama, USCw, Florida, Notre Dame, Michigan, OSU, etc., you'll be on TV every weekend. Sounds like a pretty great deal to me, so you can bet that Johnny 17-year old is all about it. Listen to the kids in their interviews these days (the fact they are interviewed every other day is part of the problem, by the way). They use phrases like "business decision", "best decision for me and my family", and "best chance to get to the NFL". Unfortunately, Satan and bammer have been delivering on these promises the last 5-6 years. We haven't.

Best of luck, Mr. Clark. Here's hoping you avoid "the process".

What bammers say and doggone it,the devils are'nt protected by chief satan himself it seems

The day after the Fluker story breaks, Cam Robinson commits to Bama.

The day after the Ha Ha suspension, Ronnie Clark commits to Bama.

What does this mean? Saban and Bama are Invulnerable. Bama is an Irresistible Force of nature. Read it and weep, barners.

Not so much the wins. They put people in the NFL. We don't (at least we haven't in the last years). The highest an Auburn player has been drafted is in like the third round (talking aobut a player who signed with Auburn out of high school so nick and cam don't count). And that was only one player. Bama's has averaged like 3 in the first round the last couple of years.

That's the level we have to get to, to compete with Bama for the top prospects year in and year out

My daughter is in the Calera band. Having seen this kid play in person over the last two years here are my thoughts:

His size and athleticism make him a good high school WR and wildcat QB. On defense he's very average. He often avoids contact, diving at the feet of ball carriers. He doesn't have the speed to cover SEC wideouts. I wouldn't expect much out of him if he plays defense at the next level.

Why even bother recruiting kids in this state? If they are not avid AU fans , I personally wouldn't waste my time and air talking to them. These kids are brainwashed to only think of bama, I know this from watching and listening to the bs being thrown at them

Why even bother recruiting kids in this state? If they are not avid AU fans , I personally wouldn't waste my time and air talking to them. These kids are brainwashed to only think of bama, I know this from watching and listening to the bs being thrown at them

chaaaange is uh comin. And if UA slips. We will be thr to destroy them for another half decade to whole decade. We growin' We comin' War****************!Eagle! ;)

chaaaange is uh comin. And if UA slips. We will be thr to destroy them for another half decade to whole decade. We growin' We comin' War****************!Eagle! ;)/>

I feel we are in good hands as well, War Eagle!!

My daughter is in the Calera band. Having seen this kid play in person over the last two years here are my thoughts:

His size and athleticism make him a good high school WR and wildcat QB. On defense he's very average. He often avoids contact, diving at the feet of ball carriers. He doesn't have the speed to cover SEC wideouts. I wouldn't expect much out of him if he plays defense at the next level.

I agree with the overall point of your comment. Not with the evaluation of Clark as I have never seen him play. I just kinda cringe when AU recruits a guy for a position that he has never played. Big risk there. I think that is one of the issues at WR for AU. Too many Ex QBs and not enough WRs. Thanks for the Clarke eval.

I agree with the overall point of your comment. Not with the evaluation of Clark as I have never seen him play. I just kinda cringe when AU recruits a guy for a position that he has never played. Big risk there. I think that is one of the issues at WR for AU. Too many Ex QBs and not enough WRs. Thanks for the Clarke eval.

you never really know until you have seen them on the big stage. I played safety for two years in highschool and it kinda is clean up duty. Unless your Dline and linebackers suck. It's like the best position for the guy that's good but is not mean enough/big enough to play LB and covers good but not cb quality coverage. You got to believe Ronnie sees that at UA the teammate personnel on defense will be thr (if Saban stays lol) and for us that personnel is just starting to take shape and has lacked (why our safeties have led in tackles the past few) We'll get these guys in the future and we are not off to a bad start IMO

So now that the kid has committed to another school, he isn't that good anyway. Everyone is high on these kids untill they go to another and then they are too slow and not big enought to play in the SEC anyway. THAT IS TOO SAD.

Enough with the sour grapes. If anyone has been paying attention, he has been quoted as saying that he very well could flip. In fact it's on video per KN @ AUC. Not calling it but we will not stop recruiting him in the least. Funny how we only hear from certain posters when the opportunity to b**** presents itself... :cry3:

Don't understand you guys who can't comprehend why guys choose UA over AU. These kids are all about playing in the NFL one day. And can you really blame them?? That IS the ultimate goal for any amateur FB player, right?? Bottom line is Bama had more players drafted in 2013 than we have in 4 1/2 drafts COMBINED. This HAS to change.

Archived