2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

Link

Charles Power of BOL confirms Clark will announce at noon tomorrow.

No other details at the moment.

Since BOL is the recruiting site getting the confirmation Bama is probably the winner here. I still think we needed more time here.

And just think, a position just opened up for him! How convenient!

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if HaHa was planning on turning pro (officially, that is) after this year, anyway. It doesn't look good for the good guys, but as we have all seen in the past, nothing is final until the name is on the dotted line in February.

Oh well, we had a feeling if he made his decision soon, it would not be in our favor.

With the possibility of uat getting both Clark and Evans, they can't have many slots left.

What was I thinking -- grayshirts, medical disqualifications, etc. will open up whatever they need.

Was not a bol report.. this one is truly 50/50

I said confirmed it. Confirmed and reported are 2 different things. It was originally al.com reported but the fact the confirmation came from both Bama sites on Rivals and 247 instead of Auburn's is very telling. It is not 50/50.

With the possibility of uat getting both Clark and Evans, they can't have many slots left.

What was I thinking -- grayshirts, medical disqualifications, etc. will open up whatever they need.

They have 7 slots left and plan to sign up to 27 per their reporters.

Oh well. Solid he may not be, for either team.

I hate uat. Hate'em

Commit or commit not....Sign he must do.

giphy.gif

As far as I can determine, our staff has not been contacted about his decision, but from all I can gather, there is no optimism on our part. I consider this a devastating loss, because at one point we had all the marbles, and he is a great kid and would make a remarkable Star or Safety for us. I was hopeful the Clinton-Dix et al would delay him further, but the Sims/Robinson commitments were the icing on the cake for the Updykes. On another note, wouldn't it be karma if all this stuff, as more and more of it comes out, sways him back to us, and Sims and Robinson go to LSU? Ronnie really likes Auburn; remember that.

They have 7 slots left and plan to sign up to 27 per their reporters.

How can they sign 27?

Wait nevermind......

Maybe the "troubles" looming for Bama will turn him in our direction..If not...so be it.......

When Ronnie makes his commit it is over. He will not flip like others do. The game this week when they shut out Ole Miss convinced him that bama is where he stands the best chance to develop and later in life provide for his family. I hate it but can't blame the kid for this choice. He truly was torn about which school to choose.

When Ronnie makes his commit it is over. He will not flip like others do. The game this week when they shut out Ole Miss convinced him that bama is where he stands the best chance to develop and later in life provide for his family. I hate it but can't blame the kid for this choice. He truly was torn about which school to choose.

Just curious. Where are you getting this inside type info from?

I live in Shelby County and there is a mutual friend of Ronnie's family I talk with a few times every week. He is an avid AU fan as I am and we both were hopeful Ronnie would pick the good guys.

I know that would normally be the case, based on Ronnie and his family's high character and diligence in this process, but the next few months will not be normal times.

I know that would normally be the case, based on Ronnie and his family's high character and diligence in this process, but the next few months will not be normal times.

I agree with pops. I know the family some what and totally agree on their character.

I live in Shelby County and there is a mutual friend of Ronnie's family I talk with a few times every week. He is an avid AU fan as I am and we both were hopeful Ronnie would pick the good guys.

cool and thanks for the info. Sorry if I asked your connections before but forgot.

With this bama story just getting started anyone who is committed or does committ to bama will be a soft verbal at best ( most kids anyways). Remember negative recruitment is a big part of recruiting. It's things get worst for bama those kids will start to listen to those voices from other schools. My opinion atleast.

cool and thanks for the info. Sorry if I asked your connections before but forgot.

You had not asked before. I don't know much but I do follow AU and have since before you and most on this board were born. I've never seen anything like the way kids now commit and then de-commit, commit again and then de-commit again. That is one of the reasons I wanted Ronnie so bad because of his maturity and the thoughtful & respectful way he and his family approached the recruiting process. I really had hoped he would have waited to commit but I was told Saban had really put pressure on him. Anyway you win some & lose some. Also I do appreciate all the great info you supply on this site. It's great and a good way to keep up with AU recruiting.

Archived