2014 4* S/OLB Ronnie Clark (Alabama signee)

Hasn't Hampton been mentioned in possibly flipping to bama? Seems like that has been brought up before. You think bama tries get both Clark and Hampton?

No. They only have 6 spots left. 2 of those are reserved for Humphrey and Cam Robinson which leaves them with 4. I don't think they take both Hampton and Clark.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hasn't Hampton been mentioned in possibly flipping to bama? Seems like that has been brought up before. You think bama tries get both Clark and Hampton?

No. They only have 6 spots left. 2 of those are reserved for Humphrey and Cam Robinson which leaves them with 4. I don't think they take both Hampton and Clark.

Thanks. Hopefully we can snag one of these two players. Does one fit our scheme better than the other? I know lots of people are high on Clark.

Thanks. Hopefully we can snag one of these two players. Does one fit our scheme better than the other? I know lots of people are high on Clark.

Not sure. I son't know much about Hampton yet.

Andrew Bone@AndrewJBone 14m

#Rivals100 safety Ronnie Clark from Calera in Ala., set to decide next week between #Alabama and #Auburn. Originally from Monroe, La.

Gonna be bammer.

You are correct. Ronnie has been told by bama's staff they are filling up and if he wants a spot he better commit soon. I hate it but am not surprised as he is convinced Saban & company are his ticket to great things on the football field. Unfortunately he is not convinced that AU is going to turn the corner this year or next.

#Rivals100 safety Ronnie Clark from Calera in Ala., set to decide next week between #Alabama and #Auburn. Originally from Monroe, La.

Gonna be bammer.

Yup and this tweet is more telling

Tim Watts ‏@TimWatts_BOL 22m

Ronnie Clark is making his decision next week on the heels of Cam Sims and Robinson's decisions. Clark originally from Monroe, La #Bama

I follow Watts instead of Bone because Watts is not obnoxious like Bone.

Gonna be bammer.

You are correct. Ronnie has been told by bama's staff they are filling up and if he wants a spot he better commit soon. I hate it but am not surprised as he is convinced Saban & company are his ticket to great things on the football field. Unfortunately he is not convinced that AU is going to turn the corner this year or next.

Cant blame the kid, their defense puts guys in the league consistently.

Gonna be bammer.

if this kid has any character he wouldnt even consider it

Gonna be bammer.

He has character but unfortunately for us he thinks he needs to play for Saban (who has no character but is one hell of a recruiter).

Sorry, but great players can get to the NFL by ways of any team.

True but no matter how much talent a player has they still have to be developed at the college level. Look at Bama's player then look at ours. They develop players. We didn't.

I'm gonna try to turn this around to be a positive...

I can't help noticing that there are a few players who seem genuinely torn between Bama and AU...think Clark, SDH, Roberts, etc. You just get the feeling that IF Auburn just happened to be a contender and developed talent on O&D half as good as Bama, they'd commit to us. Hearts are with AU, but heads are with Bama. It's a "business deal", ya know. So as Auburn continues to improve this year and starts winning some games (and Bama fails to make it to the BCS champ), the Tide may turn in our favor in the form of Bama decommits. If we can make some noise this season, the stars could be aligning for us to flip one or two from Saban for a change.

There, don't we all feel better now??

Sorry, but great players can get to the NFL by ways of any team.

True but no matter how much talent a player has they still have to be developed at the college level. Look at Bama's player then look at ours. They develop players. We didn't.

Well this current staff has developed players especially DBs so if that is his reasoning he is not very bright.

If Ronnie DOES commit to the bad guys, what are chances that would be a hard-and-fast commitment with no opportunity for flipping?

Pretty high IMO. We would probably move on to CJ Hampton.

If Ronnie DOES commit to the bad guys, what are chances that would be a hard-and-fast commitment with no opportunity for flipping?

Agree. As much as this kid, who is a great kid character-wise, as well as a great athlete, has fought his way through this process. I would be surprised if he flipped, even at the last minute.

Gonna be bammer.

Please cut it out.

Personally if a program told me to hurry up I'd be pretty peaved. It's September, this kids not even close to Christmas break and he has to commit? I'd tell them fine if you really wanted me you'd wait.

E, if we do target Hampton, what do you think our chances are? He'd be a great get and a solid replacement at the S position

Just because a kid doesn't choose us doesn't mean that he doesn't have character or he was paid. I don't know what this kids situation is but just because we all love Auburn doesn't mean that everyone has too. I think it's ok to question the motives of kids like Yeldon and Foster both of them played a purposeful game with us. But that is not the case with every kid that doesn't pick us.

E, if we do target Hampton, what do you think our chances are? He'd be a great get and a solid replacement at the S position

To early to tell.

Archived