Former Golfer Jason Dufner Holds Two-Stroke Lead at Zurich Classic

augolf1716

Well lets see if he can hold the lead today. Go Jason

Former Auburn golfer Jason Dufner continues to hold the lead at the Zurich Classic at New Orleans after carding a 5-under 67 in the third round on Saturday. Dufner leads Graham DeLeat by two strokes.

"Right now a win would be great," Dufner said. "Obviously, I've been knocking on the door with a lot of solid rounds, lot of solid play last year at the end of the year, but I take pride in being consistent with my game. I don't shoot too many high numbers. I don't feel like I'm very far away from playing well each week."

Dufner began the day with a birdie on No. 1 before carding birdies on Nos. 4, 5, and 7 to finish the front nine at 3-under. On the back nine, Dufner birdied on No. 15 before closing out the round with another birdie on No. 18.

Former golfer Will Claxton is tied for 45th at 5-under.

Now that would be pretty tough, or pretty impressive for a "former" golfer to hold the lead at a tournament. I thought he was still playing.  :dunno:

;D:tease:

Great job Jason!!! After he missed his birdie putt on the first play-off hole i thought it was all over. I hated to pull against Ernie, but a guy has to do what he has to do. BTW, NO WAY Jason gets that babe unless he is making the coin he is.

War Eagle Jason!!!!!!!!! I hope that is your first of many PGA victories!!!!

War Eagle!!!! Great job Jason!!!!!!!!!! I knew it was coming!!!!! Beating one of the greats in the game of golf!!!!!!!!!! First of many in your future!!!!!

I went to the Zurich on Thursday and followed Duffner for his last three holes.  At the end of his round, he pulled his ball from the cup, walked over to his bag and signed it.  He then went over to the kid who was carrying his groups' score sign who had been with him all day, shook his hand, thanked him, and gave him the ball.  He was the only pro I saw do that.  Thought it was a true Auburn man thing to do.

Archived