Auburn Football 2013 Recruiting List (Updated 8/8/12)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have said it already, but great job with updates and starting the thread!!

Agree.  Thanks for the hard work, and the updates.

That's an awesome list. I hope we'll get a lot of them to go along with the guys we that has already committed to us.

In case I haven't commended this already, great job WarEagleAU. This is a one stop thread to get the skinny on where  we stand.

Thanks to all of your posts!  :we:

Feel free to share your thoughts.  :thumbsup:  :we:

Updated (7/7/12):

WR Isaiah Jones commits to Florida State (removed).

OG Cameron Ruff commits to South Florida (removed).

S Cameron Luper names favorites: Auburn, TCU, Texas A&M.

CB Jalen Ramsey names top seven: USC, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State, Washington.

CB Jalen Ramsey names top seven: USC, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State, Washington.

This appears to be in order of interest at the moment. Hope we become more of a factor in the coming months.

This appears to be in order of interest at the moment. Hope we become more of a factor in the coming months.

Jalen's father said he will announce on July 16th.

Jalen's father said he will announce on July 16th.

That means USC will have 6 spots left if they want to fit in an offer For Rodgers.

There will be a lot of changes on this list over the next two weeks:

Jason Smith - commit to AU

Demarcus Walker - we're in top 4, but most likely UF or uat, announcement on 8/3

Jalen Ramsey - we're in top 7, but not enough time to work in a visit before July 16 announcement, USCw bound

Laquan Treadwell - we're in top group,  but he's only visiting OU before announcing, probably UM bound

With Isaiah Jones committing to FSU, it would seem our recruiting juggernaut has slowed down, but all these prospects, while great, great football players, all came on the board too late (except for Jones and Walker) for us to make a full-court press.  I would look at these potential losses  as just another step in the process.  The sky is not falling!!

Just wondering if someone could 'Splain the recruiting problems @:

1- Safety- W/BVG & Martenez u woulda thunk that a top 10 safety would have jumped on board, ??

2- OG- With Grimes rep as one of best OL coaches why no top OG commit, or am I just too early??

3- WR- AU losing 4 WR SR & most producers, WTH would keep a top-dog WR from committing?? Or have they heard about Melvin??

1- Safety- W/BVG & Martenez u woulda thunk that a top 10 safety would have jumped on board, ??

2- OG- With Grimes rep as one of best OL coaches why no top OG commit, or am I just too early??

3- WR- AU losing 4 WR SR & most producers, WTH would keep a top-dog WR from committing?? Or have they heard about Melvin??

Take a deep breath and relax. We are going to be fine and have another top 7 recruiting class. There are no recruiting problems. As of tomorrow we will be ahead of our normal pace for this time of year with 15 commitments. Plus there is still almost 7 months til NSD so it is WAY WAY to early to be concerned about some "problems" but I will address each one of your concerns. Lemond is the #2 safety on our coach's board and while they are going hard after Gawga commit Tray Matthews they have other quality options in Jason Smith and Cameron Luper Echols. On the OG, we may only sign 1 and that very well could be the #1 OG Rodgers but I do not expect him to commit until November or December. Also it is not a deep Guard class this year so there are not many to choose from. At WR even with the 4 SRs we will have 10 on the Roster including incoming Earnest Robinson. It is possible we only take one more WR and that may be a position Jason Smith falls into as well. I hope that helps.  :we:

1 - I like our chances on Tray Matthews. We'll see.

2 - Rodgers just picked up an offer from USC so it is 50/50 right now. Yea, too early.

3 -  :dunno:

There will be a lot of changes on this list over the next two weeks:

Jason Smith - commit to AU

Demarcus Walker - we're in top 4, but most likely UF or uat, announcement on 8/3

Jalen Ramsey - we're in top 7, but not enough time to work in a visit before July 16 announcement, USCw bound

Laquan Treadwell - we're in top group,  but he's only visiting OU before announcing, probably UM bound

With Isaiah Jones committing to FSU, it would seem our recruiting juggernaut has slowed down, but all these prospects, while great, great football players, all came on the board too late (except for Jones and Walker) for us to make a full-court press.  I would look at these potential losses  as just another step in the process.  The sky is not falling!!

Jason Smith - Auburn

Walker - Florida

Ramsey - USC

Treadwell - Michigan

Jones - FSU (10% chance he will flips)

Updated (7/9/12):

ATH Jason Smith commits to Auburn.

OG Khaliel Rodgers picked up an offer from USC so its 50/50 between Auburn and USC. **Updated: I just changed from green to yellow.

DE DeMarcus Walker names top four: Alabama, Florida, Auburn and Florida State. **Updated: I just changed from teal to yellow.

Updated (7/9/12):

OG Khaliel Rodgers picked up an offer from USC so its 50/50 between Auburn and USC. **Updated: I just changed from green to yellow.

DE DeMarcus Walker names top four: Alabama, Florida, Auburn and Florida State. **Updated: I just changed from teal to yellow.

IMO DE DeMarcus Walker should still be in Teal. He is visiting Bammer and Florida but not Auburn before he commits on August 3rd. If he moves the date back again then we may have a chance but right now Auburn is just a hat on the table.

Updated (7/9/12):

IMO DE DeMarcus Walker should still be in Teal. He is visiting Bammer and Florida but not Auburn before he commits on August 3rd. If he moves the date back again then we may have a chance but right now Auburn is just a hat on the table.

^^^ Agree with this ^^^

The Cliff notes summary of your status on 7/9/12 (with my comment on that status in parenthesis) is:

A. The Commits- 15

B. The "likely" Greenies- 2

1. RB Wilkins (yes)

2. DT Adams  (yes)

C.The "50/50" Yellows-  7

1. RB Dye (yes)

2. RB Bryant (yes)

3. OG Rodgers (yes)

4. DT Bigelow (no, less than 50% imho)

5. DE Walker (no, less than 50% imho)

6. LB Foster (yes)

7. S Matthews (yes)

edited: added words in orange

The Cliff notes summary of your status on 7/9/12 (with my comment in parenthesis) is:

A. The Commits- 15

1. RB Wilkins (yes)

2. DT Adams  (yes)

1. RB Dye (yes)

2. RB Bryant (yes)

3. OG Rodgers (yes)

6. LB Foster (yes)

7. S Matthews (yes)

Good point. I did not look at the rest. I agree with you.

The Cliff notes summary of your status on 7/9/12 (with my comment in parenthesis) is:

A. The Commits- 15

1. RB Wilkins (yes)

2. DT Adams  (yes)

1. RB Dye (yes)

2. RB Bryant (yes)

3. OG Rodgers (yes)

6. LB Foster (yes)

7. S Matthews (yes)

I cannot see us signing 3 elite RB like these mentioned. Maybe 2 of 3 and then I do not see us getting Bigelow or Walker. However taking away 3 from your list then I would welcome the remaining 21 as the 2013 recruiting class.  :we:

I'll answer #2.

DUDE, WHAT THE!!!!!!????? Our offensive line recruiting has been some of the best in the nation the past few years. Our depth chart along the OL is riddled with 4 and 5 star guys that everybody wanted. As far as an OG this year, I think we're taking the wait and see approach.

I'll answer #2.

DUDE, WHAT THE!!!!!!????? Our offensive line recruiting has been some of the best in the nation the past few years. Our depth chart along the OL is riddled with 4 and 5 star guys that everybody wanted. As far as an OG this year, I think we're taking the wait and see approach.

Easy TigerWar, just put down the gun and move away slowly.....  :D

I agree with your assessment....

A. The Commits- 15

1. RB Wilkins (yes)

2. DT Adams  (yes)

1. RB Dye (yes)

2. RB Bryant (yes)

3. OG Rodgers (yes)

6. LB Foster (yes)

7. S Matthews (yes)

I cannot see us signing 3 elite RB like these mentioned. Maybe 2 of 3 and then I do not see us getting Bigelow or Walker. However taking away 3 from your list then I would welcome the remaining 21 as the 2013 recruiting class.   :we:

I take that to mean 2 RBs are 50/50, so realistically, we can hope for 1 of those + Wilkins.

That would be a helluva class of 21.

Updated (7/9/12):

:dunno: I'd say Auburn is a darkhorse.

I'll answer #2.

Easy TigerWar, just put down the gun and move away slowly.....   :D

I agree with your assessment....

:laugh:

A. The Commits- 15

1. RB Wilkins (yes)

2. DT Adams  (yes)

1. RB Dye (yes)

2. RB Bryant (yes)

3. OG Rodgers (yes)

6. LB Foster (yes)

7. S Matthews (yes)

I cannot see us signing 3 elite RB like these mentioned. Maybe 2 of 3 and then I do not see us getting Bigelow or Walker. However taking away 3 from your list then I would welcome the remaining 21 as the 2013 recruiting class.   :we:

I take that to mean 2 RBs are 50/50, so realistically, we can hope for 1 of those + Wilkins.

That would be a helluva class of 21.

I think we will ended up with 1 RB. I'm not sure about Bigelow (connection with Blackson's school) and Walker (a tweet up there) but you could be right.

I posted this under the Lawson thread last night but no one picked up on it.  At one point, a couple of scouts, Scott Kennedy being one, was questioning whether Carl had really gone home from The Opening because there was a huge kid in Auburn gear on the sidelines that looked like him.  Later, someone else posted that Walker was in AU gear, so I think everyone assumed it was Walker, not Lawson.  But today, they are still questioning themselves.  Anyway, I think it would be a huge surprise (although a very good one) if Walker came to the good guys; he's probably just wearing the gear while he can, before he announces.

A. The Commits- 15

1. RB Wilkins (yes)

2. DT Adams  (yes)

1. RB Dye (yes)

2. RB Bryant (yes)

3. OG Rodgers (yes)

6. LB Foster (yes)

7. S Matthews (yes)

That's good for 21 (2 RBs being Wilkins + Green or Bryant), but, and I know you're getting tired of me saying it, you need to think 23, with the other two being 2WRs or 1 WR and 1 DB/OG.  Whoops, forgot to say, IMO.

A. The Commits- 15

1. RB Wilkins (yes)

2. DT Adams  (yes)

1. RB Dye (yes)

2. RB Bryant (yes)

3. OG Rodgers (yes)

6. LB Foster (yes)

7. S Matthews (yes)

I cannot see us signing 3 elite RB like these mentioned. Maybe 2 of 3 and then I do not see us getting Bigelow or Walker. However taking away 3 from your list then I would welcome the remaining 21 as the 2013 recruiting class.   :we:

Oh no, my comments were only referring to whether I agreed with the status the OP had for the named recruits (ie., likely,50/50, etc.) as of his latest update, not on which ones AU would actually get. As far as RBs, I don't think we would take 3 RBs, 2 at the most if that.

I added a couple words to that post so there wont be any confusion.

Archived