Dismukes on the Rimington watch list

AUenginerd

From time to time we talk about guys leaving early....I think RD is one we need to worry about.  Can't see him playing his senior year on the plains.    :dunno:

From time to time we talk about guys leaving early....I think RD is one we need to worry about.   Can't see him playing his senior year on the plains.    :dunno:

I can. He played all 13 as a freshman. He has something special going here, and should try his best to make it 4 years without missing a game. I'd bet he wants that already. And plus how many lineman go early anyway?

I stand corrected, but I do not think its very prolific. There has to be some truth to the statement that OL more so than other positions tend to hang around to senior seasons. Without all the stats, or proof  :-X , I feel as though most OL benefit better than skill positions by staying the extra year. Especially if it can move them into the 1st round, which will be entirely possible for Reese if he keeps it up.

I'd like to see him stay for 4 but the guys that are projected into the top 4 rounds of the draft have to weigh the risks of injury against the benefits of one more year. 

I have a feeling that RD will have his degree by the end of his JR year.  He got a head start at AU and from what I hear, he's a bright guy. 

I stand corrected, but I do not think its very prolific. There has to be some truth to the statement that OL more so than other positions tend to hang around to senior seasons. Without all the stats, or proof  :-X , I feel as though most OL benefit better than skill positions by staying the extra year. Especially if it can move them into the 1st round, which will be entirely possible for Reese if he keeps it up.

Barrett Jones says hello...

The Pouncey brothers were bother centers that were drafted in ther first round one was 15th and the other 18th. So yeah centers can go high in the draft.

I think the second puncey moved to center after his bro left. Not many centers leave early. It is always a possibility but LT's are usually much more coveted than a true center. If he excels and has the opportunity, I can only wish the best for him. I trust our coaches to find another great AU lineman!

Congrats and go get'em Reese. Though we've ad some mighty good C's in the past, I think he's the best we've ever had.

Congrats and go get'em Reese. Though we've ad some mighty good C's in the past, I think he's the best we've ever had.

Forrest Blue says, "Hi."

wow...just wow

Tom Banks says hello it me.

Yeah, yeah, that was the other guy I was trying to think of; played for the St. Louis Cardinals. Both he and Blue were All Pros.

Yeah, yeah, that was the other guy I was trying to think of; played for the St. Louis Cardinals. Both he and Blue were All Pros.

yep Blue played for the 49'ers and Tom played for the Card's in St. Louis. Tom was one hell of a party guy

Tom Banks was an absolute animal. He was a ringer on my fraternity basketball team. He was inducted as a social affiliate and player power forward. Nobody ever challenged him when he drove to the basket...just an animal

Don't forget Jackie Burkette.....two-way player back "in the day".    First round draft choice.

I hope Reese wins it and goes on to have a great NFL career. I remember Brett Romberg won it, but wasn't drafted because scouts said is arms were to short.

By the way, I'm sorry that I compare a lot of our great players to old hurricane players. I grew up a hurricanes fan and went to a lot of games so that is where a lot of my frame of reference comes from, but Auburn is, and always will be, my favorite team. War Eagle!

Guest shirley4au9

Forrest Blue says, "Hi."

:thumbsup:

By the way, I'm sorry that I compare a lot of our great players to old hurricane players. I grew up a hurricanes fan and went to a lot of games so that is where a lot of my frame of reference comes from, but Auburn is, and always will be, my favorite team. War Eagle!

That's  OK "El T".....when I mention guys like Jackie and Zeke, I sometimes feel I'm referencing some foreign team also....and not the guys who put AU football on the national map.  AU won a total of 22 games between 1950-55 before Shug made AU a team to be reckoned with .  AU was 0-10 in 1950 and by 1957 won a national championship behind Jackie, Zeke and a number of others who went on to play in the NFL.   

That's  OK "El T".....when I mention guys like Jackie and Zeke, I sometimes feel I'm referencing some foreign team also....and not the guys who put AU football on the national map.  AU won a total of 22 games between 1950-55 before Shug made AU a team to be reckoned with .   AU was 0-10 in 1950 and by 1957 won a national championship behind Jackie, Zeke and a number of others who went on to play in the NFL.   

Thanks for understanding. 

Archived