Question for Auburn basketball

Auburn Basketball you seem to have your finger on the pulse of the Auburn basketball team.

With the turnover this year where we lost so many players which is obviously a negative and then on the positive side with one of our best recruiting classes in many years.

In Basketball there are two types of good recruiting classes. One players with potential that will help a little first year and grow and help a team in a year or two and the other one are players who are ready to compete at Div1 level from get go.

So which of our new recruits are the first type and which if any are the second type?

Finally where in the SEC hierarchy do you think next years team will fit?

1st

Jordon Granger

Shareif Adamu

Asauhn Tatum is in the first type offensively but rebounding and defense he is in the second type.

2nd

Jordan Price

Shaquille Johnson (some think he would be in the first and yes i think he could be but with his athleticism he is going to make an impact.)

Brian Greene Jr. (sleeper of this class IMO)

If you would look at all of these kids resume you would find a common denominater. All come from winning programs.This is something that will change the mindset that alot people feel about the basketball program.These young men are not use to a culture that says we will lose.I believe they will be up to the challenge of turning the program around. :wareagle:

Team....you have the right name...and also make a good point. 

These new kids come from winning programs....as did just about all of the dozen or so that have departed AU in the past few years.  The other thing that these incoming kids have in common with those now departed  is that they have been "the man" on their respective HS teams and were probably allowed to do about whatever they wanted on the court... and off the court. 

Seems to me that during the past few years we have had pretty good "on the court talent" though most of them did not stick around long enough to reach their potential.....primarily because their "off the court" problems and lack of team play have kept them in trouble with the coaching staff.   

The challenge for all of these incoming players is to accept their roles and follow the rules.  Whether they can do that is an open question at this point.

These new kids come from winning programs....as did just about all of the dozen or so that have departed AU in the past few years.   The other thing that these incoming kids have in common with those now departed  is that they have been "the man" on their respective HS teams and were probably allowed to do about whatever they wanted on the court... and off the court.   

Seems to me that during the past few years we have had pretty good "on the court talent" though most of them did not stick around long enough to reach their potential.....primarily because their "off the court" problems and lack of team play have kept them in trouble with the coaching staff.

The challenge for all of these incoming players is to accept their roles and follow the rules.   Whether they can do that is an open question at this point.

Charater is a very important factor in the success of these young men,Hopfully CTB has hit a homerun with this recuiting class.

1st

Jordon Granger

Shareif Adamu

Asauhn Tatum is in the first type offensively but rebounding and defense he is in the second type.

2nd

Jordan Price

Shaquille Johnson (some think he would be in the first and yes i think he could be but with his athleticism he is going to make an impact.)

Thank you for the update, based on your rating of these players do you think this team will do better then last years team and if so a little better or a major improvement

1st

Jordon Granger

Shareif Adamu

2nd

Jordan Price

Thank you for the update, based on your rating of these players do you think this team will do better then last years team and if so a little better or a major improvement

Yes I see a little bit of improvement but too young to make that jump to the next level yet.

These new kids come from winning programs....as did just about all of the dozen or so that have departed AU in the past few years.   The other thing that these incoming kids have in common with those now departed  is that they have been "the man" on their respective HS teams and were probably allowed to do about whatever they wanted on the court... and off the court.   

The challenge for all of these incoming players is to accept their roles and follow the rules.   Whether they can do that is an open question at this point.

Charater is a very important factor in the success of these young men,Hopfully CTB has hit a homerun with this recuiting class.

CTB needs to be able to retain these studs he brings in, period.  Consistancy on the roster will help the overall team performance more than anything right now.  AU basketball is pretty much starting over at ground zero and has to build a team from the ground up, again. :banghead:

CTB needs to be able to retain these studs he brings in, period.  Consistancy on the roster will help the overall team performance more than anything right now.  AU basketball is pretty much starting over at ground zero and has to build a team from the ground up, again. :banghead:

not really, i dont think we are starting a ground zero again. just because we brought in a large recruiting class doesnt mean we are starting over. Morena and McCafee didnt make an impact at all Kouassi had a little impact and Langford hurts but its not like we are losing an All-American in him.

Has anything been said about whether or not Noel Johnson is going to be back next year?

Don't think so. But in my opinion, I think he is going to be back, but it is just a question of how many games he will be suspended most likely.

Has anything been said about whether or not Noel Johnson is going to be back next year?

Don't think so. But in my opinion, I think he is going to be back, but it is just a question of how many games he will be suspended most likely.

im guessing his suspension will be close to what Langford's was last year.

Most every kid that comes into college was the man at his high school. Even more, this is true in Bball because of the numbers on a Bball team. So while I understand what you are saying I think this factor lies on CTB's shoulders more than anything.

Archived