Running Back Dominos

aupops2

Second domino fell when Dye committed to Clemson today.  Things are moving along nicely.  BTW, Ckenson got a helluva running back today.  Good luck T Dye. 

what do you foresee happening from here now that Dye has committed to Clemson?

Not pops but I'm assuming the same thing as before. We have Wilkins and will pursue Green and Bryant. It looks like Dye's chances of coming to Auburn ended when Wilkins committed.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got done watching a couple videos of both Green and Bryant. Here are a few things I noticed...

Green - Gets North and South quickly. Doesn't dance around and try to make something out of nothing. Doesn't seem to break many tackles, though he does always fall forward. Not much break away speed but quick and agile enough to consistently get into the second level of the defense.

Bryant - Runs big AND fast. Has great vision and is very agile for a bigger back. Consistently ran through tackles but has the speed and moves to also run around defenders. Most impressive RB I've seen this year.  I realize we already have a talented RB committed and no recruit is a MUST get... but Bryant is going to be truly special at the next level.  If we could pull him away from Oklahoma and USCe it'd be a huge pick up for the good guys.

Just got done watching a couple videos of both Green and Bryant. Here are a few things I noticed...

Green - Gets North and South quickly. Doesn't dance around and try to make something out of nothing. Doesn't seem to break many tackles, though he does always fall forward. Not much break away speed but quick and agile enough to consistently get into the second level of the defense.

Bryant - Runs big AND fast. Has great vision and is very agile for a bigger back. Consistently ran through tackles but has the speed and moves to also run around defenders. Most impressive RB I've seen this year.  I realize we already have a talented RB committed and no recruit is a MUST get... but Bryant is going to be truly special at the next level.  If we could pull him away from Oklahoma and USCe it'd be a huge pick up for the good guys.

Bryant is listed as 5'11, 195...that's not so much a bigger back, I don't think, but :dunno:

Just curious. I know everyone is pulling for Bryant or Green but I would like to know what ever happened to AJ Turman. Always liked the way he runs downhill with power. Is there any reason why he isn't atop priority

I don't know what happened there, because he was in the mix early.  His profile is showing warm interest in FSU, Miami, and UGA.  But his name hasn't come up here in a long time.  Good Question.

Just curious. I know everyone is pulling for Bryant or Green but I would like to know what ever happened to AJ Turman. Always liked the way he runs downhill with power. Is there any reason why he isn't atop priority

I don't know what happened there, because he was in the mix early.  His profile is showing warm interest in FSU, Miami, and UGA.  But his name hasn't come up here in a long time.  Good Question.

I think he was just buried beneath a bunch of other backs the coaches had higher on the board. With Wilkins on board, I don't expect to take anyone else unless it's Green or Bryant.

Bryant is listed as 5'11, 195...that's not so much a bigger back, I don't think, but :dunno:

You are correct, Red.  I knew Green was listed at around 215 but was judging Bryant solely on his film .  He honestly looks about 6'-6'1" and 205-210 . He also plays with a lot of power for a sub 200lb RB.

Guest jrljr

I know we aren't after him but AJ Turman will be a star. Anyone know what the issue is? Grades? It just seems like he fell of the map. Kid can run.

FRom Jonesy...

Was told today Wilkins held off from committing earlier to make sure he was comfortable with our depth chart and auburn taking another RB. Not sure if I completely buy it, but just thought it was worth posting

I like the way its set up with 3 tandems of running backs going thru the pipeline with some separation. A second RB this year is not a necessity but would be good roster management and fit in very well. However we can afford to be very choosy.

Beginning '13 season eligibility remaining:

Seniors    0 OMac

Group A.  2 Mason

2 Grant

Group B.  3 Blakely

3 Robinson

Group C.  4 Wilkins

4    ?   

With greg committed to Oklahoma do we have a legitimate chance of flipping him?

Slim. 

Yep.  As I said earlier, if we don't get him on at least an official, he'll never be a player .  But the way he showed up at the Rivals camp, plus his obvious maturity as a person, has made us and a lot of other schools want him badly. 

FRom Jonesy...

Was told today Wilkins held off from committing earlier to make sure he was comfortable with our depth chart and auburn taking another RB. Not sure if I completely buy it, but just thought it was worth posting

I like the way its set up with 3 tandems of running backs going thru the pipeline with some separation. A second RB this year is not a necessity but would be good roster management and fit in very well. However we can afford to be very choosy.

Seniors    0 OMac

Group A.  2 Mason

2 Grant

Group B.  3 Blakely

3 Robinson

Group C.  4 Wilkins

4    ?   

That is assuming that Robinson plays this year.  I would be very surprised if he does, I think he will red-shirt.

FRom Jonesy...

Seniors    0 OMac

Group A.  2 Mason

2 Grant

Group B.  3 Blakely

3 Robinson

Group C.  4 Wilkins

4    ?   

That is assuming that Robinson plays this year.  I would be very surprised if he does, I think he will red-shirt.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him play, especially with the level of running backs we're still attracting even with the depth back there. He brings something to the table that none of the others do in that he's a big, bruising runner.

I think that 195 is an older weight. He has absolutely blown up recently.

Cross reference sites my good buddy. Scout has him at 5'11 and 220 LBS which sounds closer to being right.

With greg committed to Oklahoma do we have a legitimate chance of flipping him?

Slim. 

Yep.  As I said earlier, if we don't get him on at least an official, he'll never be a player .  But the way he showed up at the Rivals camp, plus his obvious maturity as a person, has made us and a lot of other schools want him badly. 

Has he changed his mind about a visit? Last I heard he was taking OVs to AU and SC.

Cross reference sites my good buddy. Scout has him at 5'11 and 220 LBS which sounds closer to being right.

Dang...okay, that's...wow, yeah, I guess he would qualify as a big back then. :laugh:

Dang...okay, that's...wow, yeah, I guess he would qualify as a big back then. :laugh:

Glad I've got smart guys like E willing to fact check my posts for me. I never looked up Bryant's official height and weight but he sure did seem to be a bigger back from the film I saw.

Dominos

1. Green sets visit to AU

2. Wilkins commits to AU

3. Dye sets visit to AU

4. Dye commits to Clem

5. Green visits AL, AU

6. Bryant rumored to decommit from OU sets visit to AU

7. Commit from either Green or Bryant

Sorry to butt in, but Scout is the only site that has him listed over 200. From my limited experience, Scout is by far the least reliable and the most skewed site there is when it comes to recruiting. 247, ESPN, and Rivals all have Bryant in the 195-198 range. Even Scout only has him at 205 so....sorry buddy I think you searched someone else.  :laugh:

Regardless of his weight two months or so ago, he is listed as AU's #1 RB recruit who has not commited. I like every thing about him but his name.

I like him too, just giving ell a hard time. BTW, where is he listed as our #1 target? I had assumed Green was on the top of the coaches lists, but we all know what happens when you assume.  :)

Dominos

1. Green sets visit to AU

2. Wilkins commits to AU

3. Dye sets visit to AU

4. Dye commits to Clem

5. Green visits AL, AU, and many others

6. Bryant rumored to decommit from OU sets visit to AU

7. Commit from either Green or Bryant

FIFY

Archived