Running Back Dominos

aupops2

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe bryant is higher on the coaches board than green but obviously both are grown men

Not according to BMatt

BMatt is wrong.

Agreed

i believe bryant is higher on the coaches board than green but obviously both are grown men

Not according to BMatt

BMatt is wrong.

Agreed

We know JW was the one Luper wanted, so are you guys saying you are 100% sure Bryant is the one Lefty wanted?

yes, that is what they are saying.

Thanks Bird. I could not remember if I read you or somebody say that is who Lefty wanted.

yes, that is what they are saying.

All wants aside, BIRD which do you believe we have a better chance at?

:dunno:

Not according to BMatt

BMatt is wrong.

Agreed

We know JW was the one Luper wanted, so are you guys saying you are 100% sure Bryant is the one Lefty wanted?

No, I am saying that Bryant is NOT the RB that lefty is wanting and I am not saying 100%. Things are changing rapidly so one day's 100% is the next day's 50%.

What is awesome to me is that Wilkins was more of a priority to the coaches than either Green or Bryant, but ranked lower nationally. Not a knock on the other 2, but I think the coaches saw something special in JW. The coaches did their homework on this one. Character, class, smarts, athleticism, size, competitiveness, and potential growth all rolled into one. JW's highlight film is better than the other 2 IMO, and to top it off he has good enough hands to be listed as an APB instead of a RB. This guy should get some serious attention in his senior season.

Not buying that he was more of a priority...just think he was a more likely get.  He's a solid 4 star back.  Green and Bryant are 5 star caliber backs to me.  Just my 2 cents.

FWIW According to BMatt JW became the #1 choice compromise. I do not know which coach it was but either Luper oe Loeffler had JW #1 on his board and a compromise had to be reached and good thing for Auburn it was.

For those thinking the other 2 are better b/c of star power, look at the youtube clip of JW's first 5 games as a junior. I counted 19 touchdowns in a row to start his film. 5 games only. From adding it up it was something like 620 all purpose yards. Those are just the TD runs added up. 5 games and 19 TD's with 620 yards on those touches alone.

He also lines up at receiver a couple of times, and had one TD catch that I saw (stopped watching after a while...you kinda get the point halfway through, anyway), which bodes exceptionally well for him.

Several of those touchdowns were passes caught, which is why I said all purpose yards. However, I instantly contradicted myself by saying "Those are just the TD runs added up" I really meant the "TD plays." Either way, 620 all purpose yards on 19 plays is pretty sick. Not to mention it was done in 5 games. Looking up stats it looks like he actually had 20 TD's on Offense and 2 on special teams.

I think it's possible we will know exactly where Green and Bryant end up very soon.  If Bryant visits this week, it will say a lot.  Folston is committing this week, and definitely not to us. 

I think it's possible we will know exactly where Green and Bryant end up very soon.  If Bryant visits this week, it will say a lot.  Folston is committing this week, and definitely not to us.   

If Bryant visits this week then it will come down who committs first as to who will get the spot, IMO it is DG but I would not be sad for taking GB, They are practically the same....I just like DG's honey badger look  ;D

Bryant will not be coming this week; trip never was 100% confirmed.  Still could come next week.  He's probably getting a ton of pressure from the Sooners.   Nothing new, good or otherwise, on Derrick Green.

If Bryant visits this week then it will come down who committs first as to who will get the spot, IMO it is DG but I would not be sad for taking GB, They are practically the same....I just like DG's honey badger look  ;D

I would very much like to see Derrick Green truck the Honey Badger next year.

If Bryant visits this week then it will come down who committs first as to who will get the spot, IMO it is DG but I would not be sad for taking GB, They are practically the same....I just like DG's honey badger look    ;D

He is a big ole boy! But, alas, it something we will likely never see. The Ty Mathieu is gonna be gone and making the big bucks after this year.

If Bryant visits this week then it will come down who committs first as to who will get the spot, IMO it is DG but I would not be sad for taking GB, They are practically the same....I just like DG's honey badger look    ;D

He is a big ole boy! But, alas, it something we will likely never see. The Ty Mathieu is gonna be gone and making the big bucks after this year.

I hope he is gone...Lsu's wholee starting front seven will be gone after this year, so it would be nice to see a dent in their DB's as well.

I hope he is gone...Lsu's wholee starting front seven will be gone after this year, so it would be nice to see a dent in their DB's as well.

He might need to learn how to cover someone before he decides to leave. The turds exposed him in the BCS game.

He might need to learn how to cover someone on the corner route before he decides to leave. The turds exposed him in the BCS game.

FIFY

Im not a football analyst or a coach but I did play a little ball and I do watch the games. What seemed evident to me in that game was LSU's lack of preparation. It seemed to me they had gone to sleep expecting to see exactly what they saw in the game in Tuscaloosa. Consistent controlled passes on 1st down to the TE is what exposed LSU. Bama made them look really bad IMO.

Archived