Running Back Dominos

aupops2

I really want Green.. One of the main receuits I've eyeing. I want him to be our main back in two years.

I'd rather have Bryant.  The question is can we get him?

^^THIS^^

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want Green.. One of the main receuits I've eyeing. I want him to be our main back in two years.

Bryant who is currently committed to Oklahoma?

yep

yep

What makes us think we can flip Bryant?

After watching more film I'm most impressed with Dye and Wilkins rather than Bryant and Green. The latter two seemed comparatively flat IMO.

There is an "outside" chance that neither Dye nor Green  will make it this weekend.  The Wilkins commit may have caused a change in priorities.  Dye is going to Clemson sometime this weekend, and Green is being pushed hard by Michigan.  We really won't know until they are actually here.  Any way, it will be a telling weekend for those two.  The question regarding Bryant:  He visiting earlier and came away highly impressed.  He is a very serious kid who looks at his college choice in great detail.  If he comes back, look for our chances to skyrocket.  But all three of these running backs are quality, quality prospects, just as our new commit is.

The question regarding Bryant:  He visiting earlier and came away highly impressed.  He is a very serious kid who looks at his college choice in great detail.  If he comes back, look for our chances to skyrocket.   But all three of these running backs are quality, quality prospects, just as our new commit is.

To add to this he plans on taking OVs to Auburn and SC so he is at least open.

If Bryant does indeed take his OV here that would be huge for us to try and get him. We would still take him as our second RB this class right even though Wilkins just committed?

Also jw, do you like Wilkins or Bryant better?

If we take 2 RB's this year will is hurt us for signing RBs for the 2014 class, because we will be loaded? Or am I looking too far out???

If we take 2 RB's this year will is hurt us for signing RBs for the 2014 class, because we will be loaded? Or am I looking too far out???

I don't think it will HURT us....by the time a 2014 recruit came in I think Mason/Blakely/Grant would all be seniors so that'd leave us with big void to fill the following year. I would think the 2014 recruit would have to be a friggin phenom or be okay with the idea of redshirting.

So the RBs on the roster would look like this to a 2014 RB recruit when he came to Auburn.

SR: Grant/Mason/Blakely

JR: Robinson

SO: Wilkins + 1 other RB

FR: 2 RBS

I don't think it will HURT us....by the time a 2014 recruit came in I think Mason/Blakely/Grant would all be seniors so that'd leave us with big void to fill the following year. I would think the 2014 recruit would have to be a friggin phenom or be okay with the idea of redshirting.

So the RBs on the roster would look like this to a 2014 RB recruit when he came to Auburn.

SR: Grant/Mason/Blakely

JR: Robinson

SO: Wilkins + 1 other RB

FR: 2 RBS

Three years from now at current placement

SR: Mason, RS Grant

JR: RS Blakely

JR or RS SO Robinson

source

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=45374.0

I just read on Scout that Green is coming in and Dye will later in the year.

I am hoping this is being done to get a commit from the one highest on our board.

First one to commit gets the slot.

There is an "outside" chance that neither Dye nor Green  will make it this weekend.  The Wilkins commit may have caused a change in priorities.  Dye is going to Clemson sometime this weekend, and Green is being pushed hard by Michigan.  We really won't know until they are actually here.  Any way, it will be a telling weekend for those two.  The question regarding Bryant:  He visiting earlier and came away highly impressed.  He is a very serious kid who looks at his college choice in great detail.  If he comes back, look for our chances to skyrocket.   But all three of these running backs are quality, quality prospects, just as our new commit is.

I think one more domino just fell (out of contention)

Per BM, Derrick Green and Greg Bryant are the two top RBs remaining on the board.  A second RB is now described as not a position of need, but a "best remaining" position.  Those two fit that description well.

There is an "outside" chance that neither Dye nor Green  will make it this weekend.  The Wilkins commit may have caused a change in priorities.  Dye is going to Clemson sometime this weekend, and Green is being pushed hard by Michigan.  We really won't know until they are actually here.  Any way, it will be a telling weekend for those two.  The question regarding Bryant:  He visiting earlier and came away highly impressed.  He is a very serious kid who looks at his college choice in great detail.  If he comes back, look for our chances to skyrocket.   But all three of these running backs are quality, quality prospects, just as our new commit is.

I think one more domino just fell (out of contention)

Who?

Thought Dye wasn't coming... This is all over the place  :dunno:

Rivals saying he is coming, 247 saying he is not.

Either way I think this definitely means that he has gotten the message that time is ticking for a commitment.

Thought Dye wasn't coming... This is all over the place  :dunno:

Rivals saying he is coming, 247 saying he is not.

Sounds 50/50 to me.

Either way I think this definitely means that he has gotten the message that time is ticking for a commitment.

I do not think he has a commitable offer and the adjustments to his profile 247 has made has been in the works for a month.

What happens if both Dye and Green want to commit?   

Read my post above about Dye.

10-4.

Archived