Running Back Dominos

aupops2

Im not a football analyst or a coach but I did play a little ball and I do watch the games. What seemed evident to me in that game was LSU's lack of preparation. It seemed to me they had gone to sleep expecting to see exactly what they saw in the game in Tuscaloosa. Consistent controlled passes on 1st down to the TE is what exposed LSU. Bama made them look really bad IMO.

Their undoing was the inibility of the mad hatter to chang his attack when bammer stuffed it...The entire game. There was plenty of opertunity for LSU to attack bama, but LM just kept calling the same set of plays and was super predictable. Anytime your team is that transparent you will lose.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not a football analyst or a coach but I did play a little ball and I do watch the games. What seemed evident to me in that game was LSU's lack of preparation. It seemed to me they had gone to sleep expecting to see exactly what they saw in the game in Tuscaloosa. Consistent controlled passes on 1st down to the TE is what exposed LSU. Bama made them look really bad IMO.

Their undoing was the inibility of the mad hatter to chang his attack when bammer stuffed it...The entire game. There was plenty of opertunity for LSU to attack bama, but LM just kept calling the same set of plays and was super predictable. Anytime your team is that transparent you will lose.

Ole Les didn't seem ready for what he got theres no doubt but i was responding to the post about Tyran Mathieu not being able to cover. Shoot, LSU's entire secondary looked flat-footed on all those easy throws Bama made on 1st down. It wasn't just Mathieu-they were loaded up to stop Trent on 1st down and Bama kept dishing up those 7, 8 or 9 yard throws making 2nd down virtually a gimme to move the chains.

I'm ready for some more dominos to fall.   :pcprobs:

You and I both AUeginerd. I'm ready to wrap this class up so we can start concentrating on the season!

Pat Dye:  " The bigs dogs walk late."  This year, some of those dudes kicked in early.  We're gonna have to be patient on some of these;  let them have their day.  Both Bryant and DGreen are still weeks, if not months away.  Wait on the Bryant visit, if it happens.

You and I both AUeginerd. I'm ready to wrap this class up so we can start concentrating on the season!

Pat Dye:  " The bigs dogs walk late."  This year, some of those dudes kicked in early.  We're gonna have to be patient on some of these;  let them have their day.  Both Bryant and DGreen are still weeks, if not months away.  Wait on the Bryant visit, if it happens.

With the 25 rule taking full affect nation wide this year you will see the many big dogs walking early to secure their spots.

Says the guy who started this thread almost 2 months ago.    :P

Says the guy who started this thread almost 2 months ago.    :P

Yeah, but it's fun isin't it?

1267612678_circle_domino_loop.gif

That hurts my brain..

I've been working tirelessly to get a circle of dominos into perpetual motion ever since Bird posted this. Maybe it will happen over this weekend.

Like next week soon?

Possibly.

50/50

I almost responded to Ellitor's post with "So you're saying it's 50/50 huh?" but I decided against it as I did not want to infringe upon your copyrighted material.

Bryant?

Makes sense, given the quotes EDW found at Soonerscoop: "whatever happens in the next week is going to be far form the final word."

Sounds like they know he is going to flip to Auburn soon.

:we:

So at this point is it safe to assume Greg Bryant is our 1a, while Derrick Green is our 1b?

It's basicly whoever commits first.

So at this point is it safe to assume Greg Bryant is our 1a, while Derrick Green is our 1b?

this^^^

As mentioned in the Derrick Green thread, he is at Michigan right now on a two day visit.  They are going to pressure him to commit before he leaves.  My hope is that he does not, because the competition between he and Bryant for our one remaining RB slot is good for us.

this^^^

This is true but just to comment on this. Y'all know I am in Virginia and have seen these players. Just as I said months ago that Jonathan Allen, the 'bama commit out of Ashburn Va who was being hyped in rankings, was not even close to being on the same level as a Carl Lawson, I will say this about RBs. Derrick Green from Richmond Va, who I have also seen play, is an absolute stud who runs with a mean streak and is one of the most punishing running backs I have seen in his age group. I hope we get him. 

Oh yah and I forgot to add, Wilkins was my first pick.  ;D

Archived