Running Back Dominos

aupops2

Just got done watching a couple videos of both Green and Bryant. Here are a few things I noticed...

Green - Gets North and South quickly. Doesn't dance around and try to make something out of nothing. Doesn't seem to break many tackles, though he does always fall forward. Not much break away speed but quick and agile enough to consistently get into the second level of the defense.

Bryant - Runs big AND fast. Has great vision and is very agile for a bigger back. Consistently ran through tackles but has the speed and moves to also run around defenders. Most impressive RB I've seen this year.  I realize we already have a talented RB committed and no recruit is a MUST get... but Bryant is going to be truly special at the next level.  If we could pull him away from Oklahoma and USCe it'd be a huge pick up for the good guys.

Bryant is listed as 5'11, 195...that's not so much a bigger back, I don't think, but :dunno:

Cross reference sites my good buddy. Scout has him at 5'11 and 220 LBS which sounds closer to being right.

Sorry to butt in, but Scout is the only site that has him listed over 200. From my limited experience, Scout is by far the least reliable and the most skewed site there is when it comes to recruiting. 247, ESPN, and Rivals all have Bryant in the 195-198 range. Even Scout only has him at 205 so....sorry buddy I think you searched someone else.   :laugh:

The sun even shines on a dog's butt once in a while.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got done watching a couple videos of both Green and Bryant. Here are a few things I noticed...

Green - Gets North and South quickly. Doesn't dance around and try to make something out of nothing. Doesn't seem to break many tackles, though he does always fall forward. Not much break away speed but quick and agile enough to consistently get into the second level of the defense.

Bryant - Runs big AND fast. Has great vision and is very agile for a bigger back. Consistently ran through tackles but has the speed and moves to also run around defenders. Most impressive RB I've seen this year.  I realize we already have a talented RB committed and no recruit is a MUST get... but Bryant is going to be truly special at the next level.  If we could pull him away from Oklahoma and USCe it'd be a huge pick up for the good guys.

Bryant is listed as 5'11, 195...that's not so much a bigger back, I don't think, but :dunno:

Cross reference sites my good buddy. Scout has him at 5'11 and 220 LBS which sounds closer to being right.

Sorry to butt in, but Scout is the only site that has him listed over 200. From my limited experience, Scout is by far the least reliable and the most skewed site there is when it comes to recruiting. 247, ESPN, and Rivals all have Bryant in the 195-198 range. Even Scout only has him at 205 so....sorry buddy I think you searched someone else.   :laugh:

The sun even shines on a dog's butt once in a while.

I thought it seemed awful bright today..... :laugh::thumbsup:

The recruiting services seem as confused as we are on who is the best.

Rivals Green #1  5*   6.1

Bryant #4  4*  6.0

ESPN Bryant  #2  87

Green   #6  86

247  Bryant #7  4*  95

Green  #10  4*  94

Scout  Green  #7  4*

Bryant  #11  4*

AU Coaches  Bryant/Green  ???  This is the only one that matters anyway.  

Bryant #4  4*  6.0

ESPN Bryant  #2  87

Green   #6  86

247  Bryant #7  4*  95

Green  #10  4*  94

Scout  Green  #7  4*

Bryant  #11  4*

And The Ringer Green #12 4*

Bryant #19 4*

Bryant #4  4*  6.0

ESPN Bryant  #2  87

Green   #6  86

247  Bryant #7  4*  95

Green  #10  4*  94

Scout  Green  #7  4*

Bryant  #11  4*

Yep.

Nice problem to have. I'd go with the one that wants to come to AU most!

I will summarize an article that explains the situation with DG and GB very well. GB may not be committed to OU much longer. He may return to Auburn next week. If he were to decommit from OU and visit AU next week, watch out. Auburn is likely to take GB should he want to flip and not risk losing him by waiting on DG to make a choice. DG is not looking to make a choice anytime soon. And there is also this tidbit from Jonsey...

The odds of us of getting Green or Bryant are extremely favorable.

I will summarize an article that explains the situation with DG and GB very well. GB may not be committed to OU much longer. He may return to Auburn next week. If he were to decommit from OU and visit AU next week, watch out. Auburn is likely to take GB should he want to flip and not risk losing him by waiting on DG to make a choice. DG is not looking to make a choice anytime soon. And there is also this tidbit from Jonsey...

To my untrained eye, Green and Bryant both have comparable films.  I say take the one with the highest GPA and the lowest ego.  Grades, manners, respect, and a willingness to be a TEAM player should decide who is our main target of the two.

Nothing against Bryant at all.. But I REALLY hope that we land Green....

Very good info as always, thank you.

To my untrained eye, Green and Bryant both have comparable films.  I say take the one with the highest GPA and the lowest ego.  Grades, manners, respect, and a willingness to be a TEAM player should decide who is our main target of the two.

I think that is a great point.

All of the 4 primary RB recruits have been seen as the best by AE posters.  Interesting recruiting.  We will win with either.  I think we end up with whoever commits first.

The more highlights I watch on the two the more I want GB he just seems like he's all around better athletically.

i believe bryant is higher on the coaches board than green but obviously both are grown men

Not according to BMatt

I have been told w,e will get Bryant or Green.  Who will commit first is the question.

Love it.......IMO DG is the one.

What is awesome to me is that Wilkins was more of a priority to the coaches than either Green or Bryant, but ranked lower nationally. Not a knock on the other 2, but I think the coaches saw something special in JW. The coaches did their homework on this one. Character, class, smarts, athleticism, size, competitiveness, and potential growth all rolled into one. JW's highlight film is better than the other 2 IMO, and to top it off he has good enough hands to be listed as an APB instead of a RB. This guy should get some serious attention in his senior season.

What is awesome to me is that Wilkins was more of a priority to the coaches than either Green or Bryant, but ranked lower nationally. Not a knock on the other 2, but I think the coaches saw something special in JW. The coaches did their homework on this one. Character, class, smarts, athleticism, size, competitiveness, and potential growth all rolled into one. JW's highlight film is better than the other 2 IMO, and to top it off he has good enough hands to be listed as an APB instead of a RB. This guy should get some serious attention in his senior season.

Not buying that he was more of a priority...just think he was a more likely get.  He's a solid 4 star back.  Green and Bryant are 5 star caliber backs to me.  Just my 2 cents.

Not buying that he was more of a priority...just think he was a more likely get.  He's a solid 4 star back.  Green and Bryant are 5 star caliber backs to me.  Just my 2 cents.

This is what I thought until BMatt said that Wilkins was #1 on our board  :dunno:

FWIW According to BMatt JW became the #1 choice compromise. I do not know which coach it was but either Luper oe Loeffler had JW #1 on his board and a compromise had to be reached and good thing for Auburn it was.

FWIW According to BMatt JW became the #1 choice compromise. I do not know which coach it was but either Luper oe Loeffler had JW #1 on his board and a compromise had to be reached and good thing for Auburn it was.

For those thinking the other 2 are better b/c of star power, look at the youtube clip of JW's first 5 games as a junior. I counted 19 touchdowns in a row to start his film. 5 games only. From adding it up it was something like 620 all purpose yards. Those are just the TD runs added up. 5 games and 19 TD's with 620 yards on those touches alone.

For those thinking the other 2 are better b/c of star power, look at the youtube clip of JW's first 5 games as a junior. I counted 19 touchdowns in a row to start his film. 5 games only. From adding it up it was something like 620 all purpose yards. Those are just the TD runs added up. 5 games and 19 TD's with 620 yards on those touches alone.

He also lines up at receiver a couple of times, and had one TD catch that I saw (stopped watching after a while...you kinda get the point halfway through, anyway), which bodes exceptionally well for him.

Archived