Running Back Dominos

aupops2

if he does not have an offer,something is wrong somewhere.....i have just spent the last hour watching youtube videos of all four of the running backs being mentioned on the board,and this kid is for real....based on the criteria that has always defined a good runningback,here is how i would rank them:#1. bryant  #2. dye  #3. wilkins  #4. greene....that is not taking in considerations of grades,character,opponents level,ect,but is based on the youtube videos only.....if dye would committ,i say TAKE HIM!....

If someone were to take competition level into consideration, how would these guys stack up?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm convinced Golf was a script writer for Abbott and Costello.

Also Martin and Lewis as well as Laurel and Hardy

And now Bird and golf.

:tease:

I think you meant Lewis & Clark old timer.

Probabloy Laurel and Hardy. They are more in his age group. Teehee.

Per BM, Derrick Green and Greg Bryant are the two top RBs remaining on the board.  A second RB is now described as not a position of need, but a "best remaining" position.  Those two fit that description well.

Maybe behind the conversation, but from what I understand it will be (not impossible) rather difficult to sway GB away from OK, they are putting a full court press on him. Would love to get DG (Honey Badger II) and from what I am reading on the TD thread he is now a backup plan. If DG is offically coming this weekend good things could happen. But I do not believe a talent like TD will be available as a backup so the coaches must know something that is leaning them to DG....   :dunno:

FRom Jonesy...

Was told today Wilkins held off from committing earlier to make sure he was comfortable with our depth chart and auburn taking another RB. Not sure if I completely buy it, but just thought it was worth posting

FRom Jonesy...

Was told today Wilkins held off from committing earlier to make sure he was comfortable with our depth chart and auburn taking another RB. Not sure if I completely buy it, but just thought it was worth posting

That would make sense.....

FRom Jonesy...

its true

FRom Jonesy...

Does this mean he was waiting to see whom the other RB commit would be?

FRom Jonesy...

I don't think so but it's possible.

FRom Jonesy...

Showoff

FRom Jonesy...

The timing in this thing (right after RF flips, rumors of TM, DK, SW from Georgia and OJH from uat, and the scheduled visit from Green) seemed to me like Wilkins saw the window of opportunity closing faster than he might have originally expected...and he made the announcement to commit this week.  You know some of the recruits have got to be aware of the remaining number of spots as they "enjoy the recruiting process".

FRom Jonesy...

The timing in this thing (right after RF flips, rumors of TM, DK, SW from Georgia and OJH from uat, and the scheduled visit from Green) seemed to me like Wilkins saw the window of opportunity closing faster than he might have originally expected...and he made the announcement to commit this week.  You know some of the recruits have got to be aware of the remaining number of spots as they "enjoy the recruiting process".

DK?

AUB is going to have a sick backfield for years to come after this years recruits as well as what we have in the stable, Welcome to RunningBack U!!!

AUB is going to have a sick backfield for years to come after this years recruits as well as what we have in the stable, Welcome to RunningBack U!!!

Remember, Temple's rushing offense ranked 7th in the nation last year under Loeffler.

Stats from top 2 Running Backs

NAME                  CAR          YDS              AVG              LONG              TD

Bernard Pierce      273          1481            5.4              69 (TD)            27

Matt Brown            155            916              5.9              58 (TD)              6

QB Rushing Stats

Chris Coyer            69            562              8.1              74 (TD)              3

Remember, Temple's rushing offense ranked 7th in the nation last year under Loeffler.

NAME                   CAR           YDS              AVG               LONG               TD

Bernard Pierce       273           1481             5.4               69 (TD)             27

Matt Brown            155            916              5.9              58 (TD)              6

QB Rushing Stats

Chris Coyer             69             562              8.1              74 (TD)              3

Looking at that data makes me believe that we could have two 1K+ rushers for the 2012 season.

NAME                   CAR           YDS              AVG               LONG               TD

Bernard Pierce       273           1481             5.4               69 (TD)             27

QB Rushing Stats

Chris Coyer             69             562              8.1              74 (TD)              3

Looking at that data makes me believe that we could have two 1K+ rushers for the 2012 season.

Reverse sunshine here. That is pretty unrealistic. This is the SEC, after all, and stopping the run is the MO of every defense we play(obviously). If our line were a year older than they are now, I would say maybe, but it's not happening this year. One 1k rusher is possible with a 2nd somewhere in the 400-600 range. That is still a lot of yardage.

QB Rushing Stats

Reverse sunshine here. That is pretty unrealistic. This is the SEC, after all, and stopping the run is the MO of every defense we play(obviously). If our line were a year older than they are now, I would say maybe, but it's not happening this year. One 1k rusher is possible with a 2nd somewhere in the 400-600 range. That is still a lot of yardage.

Agreed, I am merely suggesting the Loeffler can use these stats as a recruiting pitch for the 2 back system.

out on a limb here ... i predict 4 running backs with over 500 yards EACH.  and a qb with over 250.

So you obviously think that Mosely will be the QB! ;D

Second domino fell when Dye committed to Clemson today.  Things are moving along nicely.  BTW, Ckenson got a helluva running back today.  Good luck T Dye. 

Second domino fell when Dye committed to Clemson today.  Things are moving along nicely.  BTW, Ckenson got a helluva running back today.  Good luck T Dye. 

what do you foresee happening from here now that Dye has committed to Clemson?

Archived