Eguae or Ford

El Tiburon

I have been following Dee since he was being recruited by AU.  He is a great person and always gives me a hug.  I am so glad that his back has healed and he will be back on the field in September.  I think the team really missed him last year.  That being said, I think Nosa will be on the field a lot as well.  What a great problem to have - finally some depth on defense!!!

War Eagle!!! 

Sorry about calling the poster out last night!!!  Didn't mean to start a fuss (LOL)  :zapbama:

Dee Ford should get the clear nod over Nosa unless our staff pulls a Les Miles and gives the job to the guy with starting experience.

1- Scheme- The change to an open closed scheme as opposed to our previous SDE/WDE requires our DEnds to play both run support or rush end depending on where the ball is laterally on the field. BVG and players have pointed to the defensive line focusing on penetrating as opposed to play reads as well. This all seems to favor Dee Ford over Nosa. Dee Ford is clearly the superior rush end compared to Nosa due to his quickness and technical ability shown last year in the first 3 games while Nosa failed to record a single sack in the 2011 campaign.

2-Athletic Ability- Dee Ford clearly is the superior athletic talent. Dee himself is an absolute monster, just look at the film from Utah State on the last drive. Ford arguably had a more impressive first 3 games than Corey Lemonoir (despite a herniated disk). Nosa has his own problems like his normal  gait while he walks, which I have heard has caused him back problems. Dee Ford is an absolute health nut, I see him around all the time (like today) carrying a a water jug and a cooler full of healthy snacks. He is absolutely huge and works out all the time. I was told by a friend on the team that he has the quickest first step off the ball on the team.

Brian Van Gorder has praised Dee Ford all fall and he has really stepped it up. Nosa is a great guy, a lot of my good friends know him very well and I only hear the greatest thngs about him, but unfortunately for him, he is matched up against a superior product in Dee Ford. Ford possibly could turn out to be a better player than CL from what I have heard.

Either way, they will rotate these players in to stay healthy. When you have an experience and talented 2/3 deep depth chart, there is no reason not to always have fresh legs on the field

Ford.  Nosa's stronger between the ears, but this new scheme favors speed and aggression over mental alertness.  Both will see plenty of reps going full speed every down.

Since Nosa was unable to participate during the spring, it'll be interesting to watch this competition during the fall practice.  The competition should make them both better.

Archived