Possible AU Uniform Changes for 2012 ?

Auburn10

@WarBlogle: Was told some small news about uniform tweaks tonight. Some you'll like, some you won't. I'll post after I get a little more confirmation. 

Yeah Orange Facemasks !!!  :tease:

@WarBlogle: Was told some small news about uniform tweaks tonight. Some you'll like, some you won't. I'll post after I get a little more confirmation. 

Yeah Orange Facemasks !!!  :tease:

^^^NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!^^^

FoleyLion

Ultimate Tiger

War Eagle.

Re: Uniforms

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:49:07 PM »

Do we get da chrome helment like da ducks???!?!??!?! 

I hope not.  :)

Guest JNieder51188

he may be referring to the NCAA Football 13 pics that he did a blog about today. EA Sports got the number, name and stripes right on last years uniforms on '12 and in the gallery for '13 there are pics of auburn without names. Maybe he did a little investigating.

some teams have no nameplate in the screen shots because they were taken in either early builds of the games or the generic RB#21 last name hasnt been added to the roster file at the time.

I, for one, would love to go back to nameless jerseys. It's old school, and I agree with the warblogler's thoughts about it promoting the team rather than the individual. Also brings the joy of program surfing back to kids; I can remember my father asking me who number so and so was, and me looking it up (or, in my prouder moments, to know it off hand) enthusiastically.

My eyes are bad. I want names on the back and the old numbers that I can actually see without squinting. TV already determines game times, need to make the jerseys as viewer friendly as possible.

My eyes are bad. I want names on the back and the old numbers that I can actually see without squinting. TV already determines game times, need to make the jerseys as viewer friendly as possible.

No, need to make the jerseys as player friendly as possible. The players have said there is a noticeable difference in the wind resistance they get with bigger vs smaller numbers/letters. That's why they are smaller.

I want names on the jersey's. I hope that is not a change being made. These kids want their names on the back of their jersey's. I don't blame them.

It's probably orange facemask's and all blue uniform's and blue helmet's for one game a year. I have already seen the blue helmets on here.   :laugh:

ORANGE FACEMASK.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Go back to the uniforms of the 60's and early 70's.Shug had them just right.Bring back the mesh jerseys  in hot weather. :thumbsup:

No, need to make the jerseys as player friendly as possible. The players have said there is a noticeable difference in the wind resistance they get with bigger vs smaller numbers/letters. That's why they are smaller.

You serious Clark?  :laugh:

Here is a thought, if the names were off the back of the AU jersey would this help us in games. Not sure if how this works but if a defense playing AU were to call plays on who is in the game for Auburn they would have to memorize numbers not names. Not even sure if this is the case, but just thinking out loud here.... yes .... no ..... maybe ..  depends on who we are playing..... no difference ....?????

Sounds crazy but we switched from nike to under armour my sophomore year in high school and you can DEFENITLY tell the difference. Atleast for me and the rest of the TE's and LB's on our team did lol. UA just has a better fit IMO and lets you move more freely, which is the opposite you would expect from a tighter fit jersey lol. So its not far fetched to think the smaller the numbers the less weight the jersey is.

Sounds crazy but we switched from nike to under armour my sophomore year in high school and you can DEFENITLY tell the difference. Atleast for me and the rest of the TE's and LB's on our team did lol. UA just has a better fit IMO and lets you move more freely, which is the opposite you would expect from a tighter fit jersey lol. So its not far fetched to think the smaller the numbers the less weight the jersey is.

It's not the weight, it's the air flow. The paint, or whatever material is used, blocks the air from streaming through, whereas the fabric of the jersey does not.

It's not the weight, it's the air flow. The paint, or whatever material is used, blocks the air from streaming through, whereas the fabric of the jersey does not.

The jerseys are skin tight. There is no air flowing through anything. I cannot believe that the tiny font on the jerseys gives ANY advantage. Put those numbers on a postage scale next to the old numbers and there may be a fraction of an ounce difference, but nothing that would provide an advantage.

In my opinion, it is a fashion decision by UA, and a poor one at that.

Another thing... with all this UA "technology", you'd think their super uniform scientists would discover a way to re-invent a stripe that goes all the way around a sleeve. That's my biggest pet peeve.

The jerseys are skin tight. There is no air flowing through anything. I cannot believe that the tiny font on the jerseys gives ANY advantage. Put those numbers on a postage scale next to the old numbers and there may be a fraction of an ounce difference, but nothing that would provide an advantage.

In my opinion, it is a fashion decision by UA, and a poor one at that.

Another thing... with all this UA "technology", you'd think their super uniform scientists would discover a way to re-invent a stripe that goes all the way around a sleeve. That's my biggest pet peeve.

Dude, the fabric itself breathes, making it aerodynamic. And Yeah, the jerseys are tight, but have you ever noticed these things called pads that they wear? Yeah, well, the ones that go on the shoulders are pretty bulky, and I can absolutely see a benefit in the air being able to flow through the jersey to the upper body and more freely out the back.

I agree about the stripe around the sleeve, though.

Archived