Details emerging in the college football playoff (updated on 6/25)

ellitor

The semifinals will rotate between 6 Bowls. The Rose, Champions, and Orange Bowls are already in. The Champions Bowl will likely be the Cotton Bowl and Bring back it's much needed tradition and importance.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/06/22/presidential-meeting-preview-playoff-plan/index.html

I thought the Champions Bowl was going to be a new one? I'd love to see the Cotton Bowl move back to the big stage. If not for the dreadful field it was played on before Jerry Jones' mammoth dome opened, it would have been #4 of the BCS bowls.

I would definitely like to see the Cotton Bowl included. I hate how its been diminished. I would like to the 6 bowls be the:

Rose

Sugar

Orange

Fiesta

Cotton

Chik-fil-a (but go back to peach name.)

There should be a major bowl in Atlanta; best college football city in America, esp with the College football hall of fame coming.  I know the Peach won't be included, but hopefully, the Champions will rotate to Atlanta.

I could see the Outback Bowl getting the sixth spot, though I agree that I like the Peach Bowl (course, Chik-Fil-A isn't going to give up the naming rights, either). After that...maybe the Gator Bowl? :dunno:

I could see the Outback Bowl getting the sixth spot, though I agree that I like the Peach Bowl (course, Chik-Fil-A isn't going to give up the naming rights, either). After that...maybe the Gator Bowl? :dunno:

The article does not suggest the Outback as a possibility.

It will take a lot of money to get the Cotton bowl ready.  They let it go, and it went quickly.

It will take a lot of money to get the Cotton bowl ready.  They let it go, and it went quickly.

Jerry has the money, and hasn't he placed the Cotton Bowl in the new Cowboys Stadium?

Jerry has the money, and hasn't he placed the Cotton Bowl in the new Cowboys Stadium?

Yes, which is why it is in the discussion now.

I hope they keep the Fiesta. I loved it out there. It and Pasadena probably the 2 best places out of the 4 we currently have. IMO. I would love to play in the Rose Bowl for a Natty. So classic.

I hope they keep the Fiesta. I loved it out there. It and Pasadena probably the 2 best places out of the 4 we currently have. IMO. I would love to play in the Rose Bowl for a Natty. So classic.

Oh I'd love to play in the Granddaddy of them all. Visited California a few years back to see a friend, and got to stare at the stadium as we drove past on the way to an Angels game. The girls were all laughing at my moment of silence, but my friend's father understood. That's hallowed ground.

@Matt_HayesSN

#BCS source to SN: if Prez oversight committee chose Plus One, "They'd be throwing away 2 1/2 billion -- at least."

Retweeted by Bryan Matthews

Article

@Matt_HayesSN

#BCS source to SN: if Prez oversight committee chose Plus One, "They'd be throwing away 2 1/2 billion -- at least."

Article

There's one guarantee in this whole thing.  They will make ZERO decisions that would risk a decrease in revenue.  The name of the game is to make gobs and gobs of MONEY, that's all it's about.  $$$$$$$$

@Matt_HayesSN

Article

There's one guarantee in this whole thing.  They will make ZERO decisions that would risk a decrease in revenue.  The name of the game is to make gobs and gobs of MONEY, that's all it's about.   $$$$$$$$

That's why I think it will not stop at 4. I think it will eventually get to 6 or 8 teams with the novelty of first round on campus sites bringing in a lot of Bling.

It will eventually be atleast 6 but likely 8 teams which it should be now.  8 teams would be perfect and I do not underestand why they do not just figure out how to do it now  instead of tweeking it again later on.

It will eventually be atleast 6 but likely 8 teams which it should be now.  8 teams would be perfect and I do not underestand why they do not just figure out how to do it now  instead of tweeking it again later on.

They're testing the waters right now.  They want to see what the market (fanbases) will tolerate and how much we'll pay to get tickets/lodging/meals/etc. to these playoff games.  Once they rake in multi-millions on the 4 team model, you better believe they'll double it to 8 teams and rake in millions/billions more.

Whatever they decide, it will be that way for the next twelve years. That is how long this tv contract will last.

Whatever they decide, it will be that way for the next twelve years. That is how long this tv contract will last.

Not sure about that. They already have a clause in it to adjust that contract at any time.

Not sure about that. They already have a clause in it to adjust that contract at any time.

That's what they said on BSPN anyways, but we all know how BSPN is about their info.

Hopefully it will get worked out today. Joe Shatt said that the meeting today was previously scheduled for three hours. Somebody, (whoever somebody is) called the President's involved and told them to leave a seven hour block for today's meeting's.

Hopefully it will get worked out today. Joe Shatt said that the meeting today was previously scheduled for three hours. Somebody, (whoever somebody is) called the President's involved and told them to leave a seven hour block for today's meeting's.

What will probably happen is the presidents approve the 4 team playoff  using the bowls as semifinalsand serve it back to the commissioners to iron out what will be the last of the 6 bowls involved, the selection committee and the parameters the selection committee have to follow.

Wish the games were played before Christmas and DID not include the bowl system.  Why should they make money?  Willl be interesting to see who can afford to go to a semi-final game and the championship game...

Archived