2004 Auburn vs LSU on CSS

caleb1633

If only I had CSS  :banghead:

I know I've got that game recorded on tape somewhere, but it might take all afternoon to find it. 

Game still gives me chills!

True story, my dad and I walked out before we came back to win.  I'll never forget the sound right outside the stadium when Courtney Taylor caught that touchdown pass. It was deafening.  It's odd, I've only missed two home games in the past 11 years, but I've never stayed to see a close, last play win.  We've lost every single time I've stayed till the end of a close one.  And won all but one of those that I left.  It's weird to say the least. 

Haha that is weird. That 2004 team was something else. I miss watching a lot of those players play

Thanks caleb!! Just in time to see the 4th down catch and the TD catch.. :wedance:

DirecTV does not have **Comcast** Sports South.

Well crap.  For some reason I was thinking it was, College Sports South or something like that :P  Oh well

True story, my dad and I walked out before we came back to win.  I'll never forget the sound right outside the stadium when Courtney Taylor caught that touchdown pass. It was deafening.  It's odd, I've only missed two home games in the past 11 years, but I've never stayed to see a close, last play win.  We've lost every single time I've stayed till the end of a close one.  And won all but one of those that I left.  It's weird to say the least. 

Can we trust you to leave at the end of a close one or do you need help. :laugh:

Gah that was incredible! That may be my favorite Auburn game of all time! :wareagle: :wareagle: idk of another game that makes me more proud to be an Auburn Tiger

Did we win again?

Yep! Same score too! Different scores were showing on the bottom of the screen this time though for some reason lol

Made my GF watch the game with me from beginning to end because I always leave and when I come back i've missed the ending!  :banghead:

I had to leave that game early also. My freshman ex-girlfriend and her sorority sisters 'had'  :banghead: to go tailgate. I heard the cheers from that catch just as we walked out of the gate.

I will never forgive her..  :devil:

Can we trust you to leave at the end of a close one or do you need help. :laugh:

It's tradition now.  We always leave if it's close in the end and watch the rest on a tv outside the stadium. Even when I'm in the student section and he's in our seats, we still leave and watch the rest outside.

I was backpacking in Yosemite that Saturday, so I missed the game. When I got back down to our car in Yosemite Valley, I got my cell phone and started trying to find a signal. I got the best reception standing on top of a rock with hundreds of people around. I called my buddy Petey, and he told me the score. I yelled and screamed in celebration, and got more than a few looks from the people. Guess I looked pretty funny yelling and screaming on top of a rock. It was worth it.

War Eagle

I was at this game and in the end zone where Courtney Taylor caught  the winning touchdown...My ears are still ringing!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't think of another time that was louder than that!!!!!

I was at this game and in the end zone where Courtney Taylor caught  the winning touchdown...My ears are still ringing!!!!!!!!!!!

When Cam was announced as the starting QB of the UGA game.

Not even close to when he caught that ball. The ONLY time I've heard it close to that loud was the first play of the '03 iron bowl.

Not even close to when he caught that ball. The ONLY time I've heard it close to that loud was the first play of the '03 iron bowl.

Oh. I don't remember how loud it was. The loudest I heard J-H was the Cam announcement and Cams run against LSU.

My wife worked at the hotel that LSU was staying for the game that year.  Ivan had tore a big hole through the state but the campus was good to go for Saturday. Saban was doing everything he could trying to weasel out of the game. He was pushing hard to get the game moved to later in the year.  Tuberville was just as adamant that the game was going to be played that week!  So the scene moves to our house on an early Thursday morning.  Power is out and I have gone up to the attic to find a corded phone so my wife can conference call b/w Red stick and AU.  So proud of my wife that day. Told Saban straight up that her hotel would be ready on Friday and that their was no need to reschedule. She assured him they had generators ready to meet their team needs and that the number of displaced coastal residents needing hotels to weather the storm would not be a hindrance.  Shortly before we lost phone service in Wetumpka,  we get a call from Tuberville himself. He thanked my wife for standing up to Saban and not giving him an excuse to move the game. Saban had been pulling strings at the SEC office before Ivan even reached land to get the game moved. We actually missed the game because I headed down to the coast to try to help family members clean up after the storm.  FWIW... The make up date would have been Nov. 6. The week before Georgia and two weeks before UAT. 

Archived