Global recruiting?

AUBourne

CTB should talk to Under Armor to see if they could assist with creating a foothold (pipeline) in Argentina.  The basketball savvy and athletic ability of their Olympic team is outstanding.  One or our two of their more talented kids each cycle would have to be equal to top 150 recruits in the US I would think. Other countries like Spain, Canada, UK have some talent too.  Does any other college programs make concerted efforts to become a pipeline for these countries?  I would think UA camps and funding could really give us an advantage if done correctly.  College partnership programs etc could be used too (Come to AU we have 40 other Argentina students here already).

The other school I know if that does is little St Marry.  NBC announcers were talking about how St. Mary's has become a farm team for Australia and that has paid off with NCAA Tourney bids. 

• 2 weeks later...

Turkey has a good number of players in the NBA. Also, although he was ineligible due to playing professionally in Turkey, Enes Kanter was supposed to be one of the studs Calipari had signed to Kentucky. He was a top 3 NBA draft pick in that years draft despite not playing a single minute of basketball for the wildcats. Could be beneficial to look over there as well.

Archived