2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

The timing makes me think it is Auburn.  Reasoning is that SEC Media Days are in progress, Vandy's turn at the microphone was yesterday, Auburn's is this afternoon.  If it was Vandy, it would have helped Vandy's presence yesterday for him to have announced just prior to their turn at the microphone.

... but we will see soon enough if the reports of the announcement are correct.

He's announcing today b/c it's his birthday today.

I do hope he chooses AU. He has a lot of room to fill out even bigger than he already is, and he has a great dead leg/jump step for a kid his size. He'll have to learn to occasionally carry the ball in his right hand, however :)

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The timing makes me think it is Auburn.  Reasoning is that SEC Media Days are in progress, Vandy's turn at the microphone was yesterday, Auburn's is this afternoon.  If it was Vandy, it would have helped Vandy's presence yesterday for him to have announced just prior to their turn at the microphone.

As much I as wish that was the reason, he is actually announcing today because its his 18th birthday, but I still think he chooses AU.

Well, lets all hope what ever school he picks is the best for him  I want him on the plains,but in the end Vandy is a great school also and could give him a great future in life as well. 

So he is tweeting his decision in about an hour or two? 

Yep

My Twitter app is going to hate me in a little while. At least the refresh button will get the day off though.

I have a bad feeling about this.  One reason why is JW is Vandy's top priority at RB for the class according to Vandy rivals.  Not sure if he is AU's top priority with our heavy interest in Green and Bryant.  He is a priority, but maybe 3rd down the list. 

I see myself doing this  :timeout:  :banghead: after the announcement and not  :party::wedance:.  Please help me feel better.

I have a bad feeling about this.  One reason why is JW is Vandy's top priority at RB for the class according to Vandy rivals.  Not sure if he is AU's top priority with our heavy interest in Green and Bryant.  He is a priority, but maybe 3rd down the list. 

I see myself doing this  :timeout:  :banghead: after the announcement and not  :party::wedance:.  Please help me feel better.

I expect Vandy and I am usually wrong. Feel better?

I expect Vandy and I am usually wrong. Feel better?

Actually yes.  I hope you're wrong once again today.  I'm just trying not to set myself up for dissappointment if he does go the wrong way. 

He's announcing today b/c it's his birthday today.

I do hope he chooses AU. He has a lot of room to fill out even bigger than he already is, and he has a great dead leg/jump step for a kid his size. He'll have to learn to occasionally carry the ball in his right hand, however :)

I've read that too but I don't know if that is why or not.  Might be, might not.  Sometimes coaches ask them to announce at a particular time for various reasons.  It would have served Vandy better to announce the day before their coach was at the podium at SEC Media Days rather than the day after.  It will serve Auburn well if he announces today prior to Chizik's turn.

If you recall, Finebaum and Sheridan sabotaged Auburn's SEC Media Days last year when we were coming off our BCSNC by playing their bagman rountine.  The timing was planned and it had a results when the rest of the SEC voted for awards that Auburn folks would have normally gotten.

BOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!

Tailback Jordan Wilkins from Cordova (Tenn.) Saint Benedict informed Auburn's coaches that he was committed to being an Auburn Tiger this week. He becomes the seventh ESPN 300 prospect to commit to the Tigers.

“A lot of reasons,” Wilkins told ESPN when asked why he selected Auburn. “When I went down there I felt real comfortable. I felt real comfortable with all the coaches. Also, I know a couple of guys on Auburn's team. That helps a lot.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/post?id=16050&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fblog%2fncfrecruiting%2fon-the-trail%2fpost%3fid%3d16050

I feel confident that he picks Auburn today. No inside info, but I think he knows he has a chance to do and be apart of big things at Auburn. I know Vandy is pulling on his heart with his brother being there and it being his home state. In the end I think the success he knows he can achieve at Auburn out weighs what he can do at Vandy.

Happy and sad all at the same time.  (Vandy alum, for those who don't know.)  The kid couldn't possibly have made a bad decision.

If I were in his shoes, some things I'd have thought about.

1. I don't know that Vandy is a great social environment for a minority athlete.  It's been a long time, so maybe things are much better.

2. I don't know how long Franklin will stay in that job.

3. If education is important, Auburn's got a lot to offer.  A whole lot depends upon whether Auburn allows players to focus on education.  I taught at Vandy a little, and I know the athletes don't have anywhere to hide there.  Not saying they're all majoring in biomedical engineering, but they're well mixed into the courses everybody takes.

4. RB is the one position where I want my teammates to be big and ugly.  A Vandy back takes a lot of abuse, probably more than an Auburn back.

Archived