2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to Running Back University!

So let's get this straight.... Starting 2013 our backfield will consist of: Tre Mason, Corey Grant, Mike Blakely, Jovon Robinson and Jordan Wilkins. Pretty safe to assume the best back field in college football. Now how to get all 5 on the field at once?  :dunno:

Since he is commits to Auburn and I'm from Memphis area, I'm going to watch his whole season in person (high school football games)!  :thumbsup:

Since he is commits to Auburn and I'm from Memphis area, I'm going to watch his whole season in person (high school football games)!  :thumbsup:

Look froward to the play by play analysis ! :thumbsup:;D

So let's get this straight.... Starting 2013 our backfield will consist of: Tre Mason, Corey Grant, Mike Blakely, Jovon Robinson and Jordan Wilkins. Pretty safe to assume the best back field in college football. Now how to get all 5 on the field at once?  :dunno:

With "the Juggernaut" blocking for them!!

The 4.41 forty time, how reliable is that? Because with that time, he would have been the second fastest RB at the NFL combine last year. I mean, LaMichael James from Oregon ran a 4.45 (which wasn't his best but still the one he ran). At his size, is that speed believable? And do we think once he gets on campus will he get even faster and stronger like usual?

Another top rated kid who also has the grades to qualify without question.  The coaching staff is making the most out of the available scholarships these day.

Glad to see JW headed to AU.

With "the Juggernaut" blocking for them!!

Actually, players have been calling him The Hulk...

The 4.41 forty time, how reliable is that? Because with that time, he would have been the second fastest RB at the NFL combine last year. I mean, LaMichael James from Oregon ran a 4.45 (which wasn't his best but still the one he ran). At his size, is that speed believable? And do we think once he gets on campus will he get even faster and stronger like usual?

Unusual? Sure. Unbelievable? Not at all.

Not seeing how that backfield is better than 2012, except for the additional season of experience.

I'm not up on all the players as alot of you are. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where Wilkins ranks in the pecking order of the RB's we were after. Seems like we got a good one.

I have never seen a high school 40 time that I trusted. When I saw 4.4, I just take it as "he's fast." Very few guys are actually 4.4 runners, but if you're close enough to fudge the number and claim it, you can move. I'm guessing his speed won't look out of place next to our other RBs next year.

I'm not up on all the players as alot of you are. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where Wilkins ranks in the pecking order of the RB's we were after. Seems like we got a good one.

Interesting to see what others say....I always figure we get the ones we want...and who want to play for AU and therefore don't think much about the rest that go elsewhere.  We have a great stable of kids, athletic, speedy and most are pretty versatile.  Lefty should be really happy with what he has to work with.

Welcome to the AU family Jordan Wilkins !!!!!!  I think you made a great decision and will have a great career running behind a massive and talented OL.  WAR EAGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party::wareagle::wedance::party::wareagle::wedance::bananadance::hellyeah::trampoline::yay::partey::bow::thumbsup:

Word is Luper wanted him really, really bad.

Archived