2013 4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss signee)

RunInRed

Reminds me of LaMichael James.

I don't think he has the top-end speed that Lamichael James has, but he is certainly as agile, and looks like he has the best lateral move in this class of RB's. He will may end up somewhere around 25 to 40 lbs bigger too. He will be a great one! WDE Jordan!  :tdau:  :tdau:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY JORDAN!

Does anyone else think his running style is a lot like TJY from last year?  he seems to be better at taking hits/shrugging tackles, but similar with the upright style of run with a long gait.

Thoughts?

Does anyone else think his running style is a lot like TJY from last year?  he seems to be better at taking hits/shrugging tackles, but similar with the upright style of run with a long gait.

Thoughts?

Respectffully disagree. The Bammer player you mention runs like Eric Dickerson IMO. Jordan has a more forward body lean and better upper body strength.

Thoughts?

Respectffully disagree. The Bammer player you mention runs like Eric Dickerson IMO. Jordan has a more forward body lean and better upper body strength.

Nut when he gets to the open field, his head kicks back.  I would think he would be able to generate more speed if he kept his head down and kept chugging.  probably just me.

:dunno:

Thoughts?

Nut when he gets to the open field, his head kicks back.  I would think he would be able to generate more speed if he kept his head down and kept chugging.  probably just me.

Whenever I get up to a certain speed my helmet starts catching enough air to make it hard to keep my head down... at least in my dreams.  ;D

Thoughts?

I don't know that I totally agree with that. TJY is a very good RB, who ran pretty tall. All correct, but he seemed to have excellent upper body strength to me. JW does has a long gait, as mentioned above, according to the video I've watched. I don't believe it is too bad of a comparison. They both run tall and wide-open, but are fairly strong considering they are not compact like the Dyers and Ray Rices of the world. I don't really have any reason to go one way or another here, so I wouldn't argue if you gave me reason to believe that JW and TJY are not a good comparison.

Thoughts?

Whenever I get up to a certain speed my helmet starts catching enough air to make it hard to keep my head down... at least in my dreams.   ;D

Yeah when you hit lightspeed.  :rolleyes:

Thoughts?

Whenever I get up to a certain speed my helmet starts catching enough air to make it hard to keep my head down... at least in my dreams.   ;D

Yeah when you hit lightspeed.  :rolleyes:

There's no debating it when you hit ludicrous speed.

ludicrous+speed.jpg

but he could be starting by mid season as a true frosh against SEC Ds. He's that good. IMO.

No offense; but I'd love to hear your reasoning behind this. Wilkins wasn't even top 2 on the coaches board, in fact, they were actually kind of slow-playing him as he wanted to commit to Auburn a while ago and IMO they didn't want to risk losing him so they took his commitment. Auburn is still recruiting Derrick Green and Greg Bryant; both of whom are better than Wilkins and higher on the board. Green is supposed to be in Auburn this weekend, as is Tyshon Dye.

What a great pick up.  Welcome to AU!

Wow!  He is the one RB I really really wanted!

:wedance:

This is a HUGE commitment IMHO. Not only does he arguably fill a major void among our very good stable of RBs (a big strong RB w/ excellent receiving skills too) but he could be starting by mid season as a true frosh against SEC Ds. He's that good. IMO.

What do you think is going to happen to Mason, Blakeley, Grant and Robinson? All go down with injuries?

The 4.41 forty time, how reliable is that? Because with that time, he would have been the second fastest RB at the NFL combine last year. I mean, LaMichael James from Oregon ran a 4.45 (which wasn't his best but still the one he ran). At his size, is that speed believable? And do we think once he gets on campus will he get even faster and stronger like usual?

Not reliable

but he could be starting by mid season as a true frosh against SEC Ds. He's that good. IMO.

No offense; but I'd love to hear your reasoning behind this. Wilkins wasn't even top 2 on the coaches board, in fact, they were actually kind of slow-playing him as he wanted to commit to Auburn a while ago and IMO they didn't want to risk losing him so they took his commitment. Auburn is still recruiting Derrick Green and Greg Bryant; both of whom are better than Wilkins and higher on the board. Green is supposed to be in Auburn this weekend, as is Tyshon Dye.

To piggy back on your point, we'll still pursue Green and Dye pretty hard. Though he is a talented back, I agree Wilkins fills a need but wasn't exactly what they wanted.

we'll still pursue Green and Dye pretty hard

I know we'd take 2, but would we take 3?

I wonder if the coaches are operating under the assumption that they might get Green or Dye, but not both?

Archived