Bush supporters

TexasTiger

Hey! Any of you fellas there? How 'bout you, Proud Tiger?

Lisa Dupler, a 33-year-old from Columbus, held up a rainbow-striped John Kerry sign outside the Nationwide Arena on Friday, as Republicans streamed out after being rallied by George W. Bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger. A thickset woman with very short, dark hair, Dupler was silent and barely flinched as people passing her hissed "homosexual" into her ear. An old lady looked at her and said, "You people are sick!" A kid who looked to be about 10 or 11 affected a limp wrist and mincing voice and said, "Oh, I'm gay." Rather than restraining him, his squat mother guffawed and then turned to Dupler and sneered, "Why don't you go marry your girlfriend?" Encouraged, her son yelled, "We don't want gays in the White House!"

The throngs of Republicans were pumped after seeing the president and the action hero. But there was an angry edge to their elation. They shrieked at the dozen or so protesters standing on the concrete plaza outside the auditorium. "Kerry's a terrorist!" yelled a stocky kid in baggy jeans and braces. "Communists for Kerry! Go back to Russia," someone else screamed. Many of them took up the chant "Kerry sucks"; old women and teenage boys shouting with equal ferocity.

With four days to go until the election, you can feel the temperature rising in Ohio

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2004/10/...s/index_np.html

I take it the reporter was there to get every word the mean old biggoted republicans said just so they could write this report. I don;t know what the rest of the article had to say, I have better things to do than subscribe or watch some ad but - Hey, I believe it if it was written and published... :roll:

And what did this person seriously hope to achieve by standing there,holding a rainbow - striped Kerry sign? It was clearly an antagonistic move on her part, so I hardly feel any sympathy is due. We're to take this unverified account of what happened at face value, of course. Meanwhile, Bush / Cheney campaign offices have been besieged by activist, and even vandalized. Cars displaying Bush window or bumpers stickers have been keyed , tires slashed.

And what did this person seriously hope to achieve by standing there,holding a rainbow - striped Kerry sign? 

116991[/snapback]

It sure didn't take much to bring out that Christian love Repubs pride themselves on.

And what did this person seriously hope to achieve by standing there,holding a rainbow - striped Kerry sign? 

116991[/snapback]

It sure didn't take much to bring out that Christian love Repubs pride themselves on.

116993[/snapback]

Yeah I am sure you are just BEAMING about every Democrat out there. We (Bush Supporters) are no more proud of the one's writen about here (if in fact it even happened the way the writer says :roll: ) than I suspect your are of the guy on the news in Biloxi last week that punched a Bush supporter in the mouth when he wasn't looking. Said he was "just sick of all the Bush supporters." :blink: You know, with that open minded and free speech stuff you Dems love to talk about. :headshake:

116991[/snapback]

116993[/snapback]

Yeah I am sure you are just BEAMING about every Democrat out there. We (Bush Supporters) are no more proud of the one's writen about here (if in fact it even happened the way the writer says :roll: ) than I suspect your are of the guy on the news in Biloxi last week that punched a Bush supporter in the mouth when he wasn't looking. Said he was "just sick of all the Bush supporters." :blink: You know, with that open minded and free speech stuff you Dems love to talk about. :headshake:

117004[/snapback]

Well, then I'm glad we agree on something. Examples that put Dems in a negative light are not uncommon on this board and they usually get a warm a welcome. Just offerin' a lil' balance, you know, to keep this board "fair and balanced." ;)

It just sounds to me like the Bush Backers have finally had enough of the Bush Bashers and are resorting to the tactics they have seen their opponents use for months. I do NOT favor using such tactics, but after months or harrassment and name calling by the demoncrats, it is not unexpected that the Bush Backers give a little of it back.

This whole episode really does sound staged, with the reporter right there to pick up on every word.

Well, then I'm glad we agree on something.  Examples that put Dems in a negative light are not uncommon on this board and they usually get a warm a welcome.  Just offerin' a lil' balance, you know, to keep this board "fair and balanced."  ;)

117005[/snapback]

TT, if you were truly concerned about negative lights being cast onto the dems, you'd reign in some of your tripe. :poke:

now, in the interest of fair & balanced, where's your post showing the donks being incredibly insensitive?

Well, then I'm glad we agree on something.  Examples that put Dems in a negative light are not uncommon on this board and they usually get a warm a welcome.  Just offerin' a lil' balance, you know, to keep this board "fair and balanced."  ;)

117005[/snapback]

TT, if you were truly concerned about negative lights being cast onto the dems, you'd reign in some of your tripe. :poke:

now, in the interest of fair & balanced, where's your post showing the donks being incredibly insensitive?

117025[/snapback]

Post away, I won't object. Hopefully the source is semi-credible. I'm trying a balance about a 80-90 right wing tilt, here. You can't expect me to do your work, too. :);)

It just sounds to me like the Bush Backers have finally had enough of the Bush Bashers and are resorting to the tactics they have seen their opponents use for months.  I do NOT favor using such tactics, but after months or harrassment and name calling by the demoncrats, it is not unexpected that the Bush Backers give a little of it back.

This whole episode really does sound staged, with the reporter right there to pick up on every word.

117017[/snapback]

Well, we don't know what the young boys and old ladies have endured, if anything, but this isn't what payback looks like-- this is what raw, hateful bigotry looks like.

It just sounds to me like the Bush Backers have finally had enough of the Bush Bashers and are resorting to the tactics they have seen their opponents use for months.  I do NOT favor using such tactics, but after months or harrassment and name calling by the demoncrats, it is not unexpected that the Bush Backers give a little of it back.

117017[/snapback]

Well, we don't know what the young boys and old ladies have endured, if anything, but this isn't what payback looks like-- this is what raw, hateful bigotry looks like.

117031[/snapback]

Bigotry is not bigotry if the woman holding the sign can't prove that what they said was NOT true! :poke:

Kinda the way dems treat Bush ain't it. You need a little water to wash it down?....

Archived