Do we have another Franklin on our hands?

sogaaufan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CSL is not the problem. As with Franklin (a very good OC) the problem starts with the HC. And I say that as a Chizik supporter for almost 10 years...

If there are any offenses worse than this one, I would REALLY hate to see them. This was the worst defense we will see this year.

Tony Franklin's offense scored points at the beginning of games, but made no adjustments after that. CSL's offense is not scoring points at all.

He does seem to be overmatched in the SEC. It is like we have no gameplan at all. We just try to see what works. If we do find something, then lets try something else to see if that works. If something isn't working, lets keep running it and hope eventually it will. No rhythm at all. Painful to watch.

The thing that bugs me is that there are so many "organizational" penalties. Illegal substitution, twelve men breaking the huddle, ect., those penalties speak directly to lack of organization by the coaching staff. This staff has displayed poor clock management, misused TO's, and generally looked lost at times.

I am so disappointed in today's performance on offense. This is just not what was expected after a bye week. I love our players and I love our coaches. I know the players are trying their best. I am tired of hearing our coaching staff talk the talk but failing to produce. Instead of progress we regress on offense, ALL AROUND!!! Not just QB play, O line play, RB play ( Mason excluded) It is a shame to have 7 points with 6:26 left in the game. I like Clint but????

INT??

The thing that bugs me is that there are so many "organizational" penalties. Illegal substitution, twelve men breaking the huddle, ect., those penalties speak directly to lack of organization by the coaching staff. This staff has displayed poor clock management, misused TO's, and generally looked lost at times.

Keep Van Gorder, Luper and Bouleware. Everybody else needs to go.

he is to young and our offense looks like something from a non bcs school. wrong plays called at the wrong time. to predictable

I like this one now: Our OC is to young ??? LOL !!!!!!!!

he is to young and our offense looks like something from a non bcs school. wrong plays called at the wrong time. to predictable

Not to speak for the poster, but Loeffler only had 1 year as an OC prior to coming here. His claim to fame was as a developer of QBs (yeah, how's that working out). I thought it seemed that Chizik was taking a heck of a chance hiring a guy with no more experience than he has. So really, he looks like a young guy who is in over his head.

Not to speak for the poster, but Loeffler only had 1 year as an OC prior to coming here. His claim to fame was as a developer of QBs (yeah, how's that working out). I thought it seemed that Chizik was taking a heck of a chance hiring a guy with no more experience than he has. So really, he looks like a young guy who is in over his head.So that begs the question: why was he hired?

Do we have another Franklin on our hands? Not quite but pretty much. It's just different because Franklin genuinely sucked but Loeffler is more a victim of his system and the players we have for a different system. Unfortunately we don't have time to wait for Loeffler to get his players, he is gone. He looks like a dweeb anyways I can't imagine many recruits being enthralled with him in there living room.

Guest jojo1515

Tony franklin would b ashamed of this offense. SL has nothing on TF. I honestly believe that if you told TF he was no betyer than SL, he would fight over those words. SL wouldnt make it in 6A High school in AL.

Loeffler is very green as an OC and unfortanetly for Auburn its showing...but coach Chizik should

have known this is not a learn on the fly league and been more cautious with this hire. I wouldn't mind

seeing Luper take control as the OC and let Loeffler coach up the QBs. I doubt if he could do any worse.

Tony Franklin's offense scored points at the beginning of games, but made no adjustments after that. CSL's offense is not scoring points at all.

Bingo! Leoffler isn't nearly as good as good as Franklin.

Archived