The future,,,,,,,

Tigermike

I thought the Kerry/Edwards ticket was probably the weakest candidates the Democrats could have run with. That being said, they did do a good job of pushing the rhetoric of the election. They did dictate somewhat the issues of this election. But they overlooked middle America. They tried to talk the talk while not actually walk the walk. Residents of the "Fly Over" states saw that and voted accordingly. The DNC along with the media were intoxicated with the lengths that they had gone to register new voters. What they seemed to overlook was that evangelicals were registering to vote in record numbers. Common men and women were registering to vote for the first time in response to Michael Moore, Moveon.org & George Sorros.

The Democrats lost the election because they do not relate with the majority of Americans and because the majority of Americans resent being told day after day that they are stupid and literate because they don't believe what the liberals believe. They lost because the majority of Americans still believe this is a good country and a great country. The majority of Americans believe that the future is bright and are willing to work to keep that future bright. All those little people in the flyover states also know that America and our way of life is worth fighting for.

Several questions:

Will the DNC move closer to center or keep heading off to the left? If they do make a move to the center, would it be a sincere move or merely a move of expediency to get elected?

Will McAuliffe survive as head of a party that has seen mostly disaster in 2000, 2002, and 2004?

Will Hillary energize the democrats over the next four years? Will Hillary be the savior of the DNC or will they look for a more moderate candidate?

McAuliffe will be gone by the end of the month, in my opinion.

The look on Carville's face on CNN said it all for me. What has happened to the democrats? They believe that moving to the center is what has made them weak. In Carville's mind Kerry should have run on his liberalism not run away from it.

Personally, I think the country is mostly conservative and the thought that Hitlery will be the saviour of the party would be a stretch.

If she is a serious candidate in '08 it will mean GWB has done an absolutely awful job in his second term.

Dang, I would have paid good money to watch Carville twists his face as the results came in. I forgot about him. I watched MSNBC and Fox most of the night, with occasional flips to the other channels for confirmation of called states.

I flipped on to CNN when Fox had declared Ohio to see what CNN would do. When they asked Carville about it he screwed that face up and said "I've been talking to a lot of hard-working people on the ground in Ohio that would love to be telling me good news..........but they ain't"

Then he went into a tirade about a total revamp of the party because of their pathetic showing last night in all the races.

I flipped on to CNN when Fox had declared Ohio to see what CNN would do. When they asked Carville about it he screwed that face up and said "I've been talking to a lot of hard-working people on the ground in Ohio that would love to be telling me good news..........but they ain't"

Then he went into a tirade about a total revamp of the party because of their pathetic showing last night in all the races.

117992[/snapback]

Did you watch the lady in charge of "calling" the states on CNN? As she gave the totals for Ohio, it was like she almost cried. It was so sKerry partisan that I think she went out back on break and had to have a drink to calm herself. It was really sad.

Archived