New Coaches (merged all new coach topics)

joey87

If we could get Jimbo Fisher and his staff (primarily Mark Stoops), I would be fine with that as well.

wde

They would NEVER come to Auburn. Why go down?

Why wouldn't they?

wde

Jimbo is already at a school with as much prestige (if not more) than what Auburn has, he has better athletes already, and he is in a much easier conference. He has the good life over there right now.

+1 and I'll raise you location and quality of life which comes with it

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take Butch Davis over Petrino, but I wouldn't mind either one. I just want a HC that has a clue.

So you want a guy that has had 2 NCAA investigations over the guy who has none? Makes no sense.

Anyway we can get both Sumlin & Kingsbury from TAMU?

No. The jobs are essentually the same because Sumlin has Texas to recruit in.

Anyway we can get both Sumlin & Kingsbury from TAMU?

No. The jobs are essentually the same because Sumlin has Texas to recruit in.

Ellitor, thanks for the reply, but I was joking. I should have made it obvious. :)

How bad must JJ feel knowing that when he hired Chizik coaches like Garry Patterson, Kevin Sumlin, and Brian Kelly were available. Does JJ even realize how stupid his choice was?

He should. He turned Patterson away for a guy that was 5-19

How bad must JJ feel knowing that when he hired Chizik coaches like Garry Patterson, Kevin Sumlin, and Brian Kelly were available. Does JJ even realize how stupid his choice was?

OUCH!

I'd take Butch Davis over Petrino, but I wouldn't mind either one. I just want a HC that has a clue.

So you want a guy that has had 2 NCAA investigations over the guy who has none? Makes no sense.

The man fields pretty dang good defenses and recruits better. JMO

For the 8th time he did not per say turn Patterson away he cared more about giving his boy Jackson a job then getting a head coach. Patterson walked out of the interivew.

If we could get Jimbo Fisher and his staff (primarily Mark Stoops), I would be fine with that as well.

wde

Ironically as a Florida State Alum would say..."Not so fast my friend!" Jimbo and staff would listen. He loves Auburn and his wife is an Auburn grad and from Alabama.

wde

Ironically as a Florida State Alum would say..."Not so fast my friend!" Jimbo and staff would listen. He loves Auburn and his wife is an Auburn grad and from Alabama.

And would double, if not triple, his salary...

wde

Well ....... lets get it done then E.

For the 8th time he did not per say turn Patterson away he cared more about giving his boy Jackson a job then getting a head coach. Patterson walked out of the interivew.

That is still in essence turning him away because Patterson rightly saw work conditions that were unreasonable. If JJ put Auburn and business first Patterson would have gotten the job.

I would rather hire the guy that has personal issues over the one who will cost us scholarships.

I would rather hire the guy that has personal issues over the one who will cost us scholarships.

$aban's players were right there with his. Has uat lost schollies yet? Did Davis even know what happened?

$aban's players were right there with his. Has uat lost schollies yet? Did Davis even know what happened?

UNC's fate has not been decided yet but it does not look good at all

Being from Charlotte I believe I can answer the Butch Davis situation at Chapel Hill. He was caught red handed cheating. He knew what was happening, lied about it and it has been proven and documented for all to see. Why do you think his name no longer appears as a viable candidate for a Head Coaching job anywhere?We don't need that kind of baggage here at Auburn with all of the rumors from 2010 still in circulation

I agree with Ellitor....no way on Davis. Petrino's initial PR nightmare would fade away quickly after he lit some teams up. Davis would make things worse by getting us on probation.

He already got Miami in trouble before and UNC's fat hate not been decided yet.

Since my list is:

Peterson, Schiano, then everyone else, it doesn't really matter to me. I just want a HC that has a clue about football.

UNC's fat hate not been decided yet but it does not look good at all

I imagine 'fat hate' was meant to be ''fate has'. I'm sorry, but that is genuinely one of the most humorous typing errors I've seen in awhile. ;D

UNC's fat hate not been decided yet but it does not look good at all

I imagine 'fat hate' was meant to be ''fate has'. I'm sorry, but that is genuinely one of the most humorous typing errors I've seen in awhile. ;D

Fixed but yeah it was pretty funny.

Peterson, Schiano, then everyone else, it doesn't really matter to me. I just want a HC that has a clue about football.

Neither one possible

Neither one possible

And $aban wasn't possible for uat. I keep hearing this, but a good AD could make it happen. Schiano is doing well at Tampa, so you're right about him. I'd make Peterson have to file a restraining order on me before I stopped trying to get him.

I just really hope that we can hire a coach of Petrino's caliber, without actually hiring that man. I can overlook some character flaws, but he just seems like a human disaster sometimes.

Archived