Jacobs Resigns?

tamck1

Well hell then lets give stoops 10million a year then we got it.

If we are going to spend that much then I would rather have Pete Carroll or Gruden.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy crap you guys will argue about ANYTHING

Nothing wrong with healthy discussions on an internet forum about such things.

Jus teasing...WDE

I know. You are right though we like to argue. It makes it fun especially when you are "winning" the argument. :bananadance:

Well hell then lets give stoops 10million a year then we got it.

If we are going to spend that much then I would rather have Pete Carroll or Gruden.

If we're spending that much then we should just go after Bill Belichick, it's more than what he makes now

I'm not suggesting we will spend a ton or even should. All I was saying from the beginning of the discussion is that there is a lot of money floating around Auburn athletics. There is enough money floating around to put Auburn at the top with most any program in the country.

Not only was it stupid to give GC that buyout clause, it was beyond stupid to think that AU could outbid UT for any coach.

Auburn has the money both within the athletic department and in boosters to bid with anyone if they choose.

+1.

fact.

Not only was it stupid to give GC that buyout clause, it was beyond stupid to think that AU could outbid UT for any coach.

Auburn has the money both within the athletic department and in boosters to bid with anyone if they choose.

+1.

fact.

Thank you, finally someone gets what I am saying.

So it was said a big enough name showed interest so the resignation would be put off as we considered the new AD who popped up. Trying to think of a proven AD HC combo that would be interested in leaving. We have all the clues people! We need to sit down in our thinking chairs, and think, think, thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

(Blues clues reference)

Here we go again...

Wanting a new AD is one thing. Getting excited about rumors of a man losing his job is borderline....

I am 100% positive that if Jay Jacobs is leaving Auburn for whatever reason you will be able to google it with no problem. Go eat dinner with your family, watch a movie, or just take a walk. It will be plastered all over the 11 oclock news when it happens.

BORDERLINE???????????? That makes me laugh hard.AND if he resigned he didn't lose his job. Please stop the holier than thou posts. You're good for about 10 a day and it's ridiculous.

More than likely, pretty much any coach worth anything would REQUIRE that part of the deal for him to sign would include a buyout clause. As much as I don't like JJ, I don't think this could be blamed on him.

We do everything backwards. We make gus the richest asst. In ncaa then run him off the next year and bring in a guy who has almost no resume and pay him 500k for 3 years. Go figure.

Yeh, hard to figure.

More than likely, pretty much any coach worth anything would REQUIRE that part of the deal for him to sign would include a buyout clause. As much as I don't like JJ, I don't think this could be blamed on him.

Agree - although as I understood it, the really big buyout clause got added after the championship run. (I freely admit I could be wrong about that so everyone fire away at me as I know y'all can :-)

My feelings on it being time for him to leave are really about clearing the way for a clean new AD/new HC relationship. I still suspect JJ either didn't really try very hard for a top caliber coach last time around or he tried and couldn't pull it off because the big guns didn't really want to work with/for him. Either way, if he steps away now he would be helping us all the way around. I believe, in spite of all the attacks on him due largely to our helpless desperation to stop the bleeding, he genuinely loves the school and did some good things for us. The art of disappearing gracefully before you go too far seems as tough in sports as it is in movie sequels.

was today Homecoming?

Any word yet about Jacobs? Is he or is he not going to be fired? Or "retire" as AU likes to put it lol.

"moved to an administrative position"

NO! If he is competent then keep him as AD, if he is part of the problem after a professional evaluation, other opportunities beckon. If you want to assist him and his family for loyal years of service to AU then have someone in Montgomery find him state job. We do not need any more "former" employees hanging around and throwing opinions to their minions so that both feel important.

Little doc

"moved to an administrative position"

NO! If he is competent then keep him as AD, if he is part of the problem after a professional evaluation, other opportunities beckon. If you want to assist him and his family for loyal years of service to AU then have someone in Montgomery find him state job. We do not need any more "former" employees hanging around and throwing opinions to their minions so that both feel important.

Little doc

Amen Little Doc.

Archived