Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No NFL HC right now will be coaching at AU period. I'm sorry but thats the truth.

I wouldn't say that. Remember, JGT said that the potential candidate is currently a HC right now. That could mean college or NFL.

This happens every time we are looking for a new coach. Our DC was everybody under the sun, except for BVG. Remember the wait for our current OC? He was in the NFL playoffs and that was the hold-up. All three sites are trying to boost membership, and what better way to do that? This JGT stuff may be true, but I will believe it when I see it. IMO, there will be some reason this whole thing fell through at the last minute with this BOOM hire.

Would love Kelly at AU. Don't see it happening though. He doesn't have much reason to leave UO. Stellar record and Nike money keeps him happy.

He would be taking a step back IMO. No offense to all of us who love Auburn. Right now he has to compete with USCw. That's it. Why leave maybe the most overrated conference to come to the absolute best conference? Ego? Kelly's ego could not possibly get any bigger. I realized that when he pulled what he did, at the NC game, with his team getting up and walking out of the dinner. That was a bad move. :laugh:

Would love Kelly at AU. Don't see it happening though. He doesn't have much reason to leave UO. Stellar record and Nike money keeps him happy.

He would be taking a step back IMO. No offense to all of us who love Auburn. Right now he has to compete with USCw. That's it. Why leave maybe the most overrated conference to come to the absolute best conference? Ego? Kelly's ego could not possibly get any bigger. I realized that when he pulled what he did, at the NC game, with his team getting up and walking out of the dinner. That was a bad move. :laugh:

What happened at the dinner? I don't think I've heard this story.

They were showing video highlights of AU and UO. The UO players got up and left after their portion of the video to go back to prepping for the game.

Seems like I remember the team captains organizing it.

They could re-structure which is not as simple as it sounds, and Sean has also is recently divorced from his wife of 20 years and there will be plenty of offers for him. He could looking for some change or a new start somewhere. But no inside sources here, just current events that may fit the puzzle JGT unleashed.

They just said on FOX NFL Sunday that Sean Payton put out a statement that he will be with the Saints. It's not that the NFL voided his contract, it is that they never approved the new one a year ago so this is nothing new. He says he loves working for the Saints owner and will definitely be the Saints Coach.

No NFL HC right now will be coaching at AU period. I'm sorry but thats the truth.

I wouldn't say that. Remember, JGT said that the potential candidate is currently a HC right now. That could mean college or NFL.

This happens every time we are looking for a new coach. Our DC was everybody under the sun, except for BVG. Remember the wait for our current OC? He was in the NFL playoffs and that was the hold-up. All three sites are trying to boost membership, and what better way to do that? This JGT stuff may be true, but I will believe it when I see it. IMO, there will be some reason this whole thing fell through at the last minute with this BOOM hire.

You nailed it. Every Coach that is trying to get a raise out of his present school is going to have someone float his name out there to put pressure on his AD. There were numerous threads about who the DC was going to be and I don't remember a single time that BVG's name was mentioned before the announcement was made.

It was at the BCSNCG dinner for both teams. The organizers had put together a brief video presentation of how each team got there. Auburn sat and watched about Oregon's season. As soon as our season came on, their entire team and coaching staff got up and walked out. Several of our players tweeted about how disrespected they felt.

There is a report on ESPN that Payton could leave the team if the GM was suspended, or released from the Saints. It was in his contract before the season and with him being suspended for the season, the NFL said that his suspension did violate that portion of his contract.

There is a report on ESPN that Payton could leave the team if the GM was suspended, or released from the Saints. It was in his contract before the season and with him being suspended for the season, the NFL said that his suspension did violate that portion of his contract.

Repeat after me:

It's not Sean Payton.

It's not Sean Payton.

It's not Sean Payton.

It's not Sean Payton.

It's not Sean Payton.

He released a statement a while ago that said he plans to be back with the Saints next year. The NFL simply voided his extension over the GM clause. Said it set a bad precedent for contracts and wouldn't allow it.

Please read the whole thread before anyone else comes back here and throws Payton out as a possibility.

I didn't say he would. I simply posted it because his name has been brought up. I don't see a coach of his caliber coming to the college level to try and rebuild something that has been falling apart for years.

Repeat after me:

It's not Sean Payton.

It's not Sean Payton.

It's not Sean Payton.

It's not Sean Payton.

It's not Sean Payton.

He released a statement a while ago that said he plans to be back with the Saints next year. The NFL simply voided his extension over the GM clause. Said it set a bad precedent for contracts and wouldn't allow it.

Please read the whole thread before anyone else comes back here and throws Payton out as a possibility.

:laugh: I think there is a clue in there somewhere.

^^^finally someone's got it! I have a very reliable source and to this point, there is no one named. I keep hearing strong and jimbo fisher...all this other stuff seems silly and IMO needlessly optimistic.

I believe we will land a big time coach this go round but we all need remember how screwed up Auburn seems right now. Getting a good coach to leave a good job to enter this disaster isn't as easy as some of us believe it to be so lower your expectations a bit and I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

Charles Barkley would be AD and Turner Gill would be head coach!

Boom hire would be JEFF FISHER and the GM at the Rams. That GM just happened to play college football at AU and was a grad asst. for a while.

INTERESTING!! There is a thought for ya.

Archived