Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

I have no problem with Fisher but wonder whether saying he is someone that would keep our recruits on board might be an overstatement. Just because he's coached in the NFL doesn't mean he is going to relate to them well and he's never recruited high school athletes before. He might be great at it but how would JGT or anyone else know that now? My guess is that JGT is talking about someone else. Unfortunately, I have no idea who.

Are you serious? The guy has coached in the NFL over ten years and he has been sucessful at it to. If i'm a recruit i'm signing and playing for that guy because he better knows then anyone what it takes to get to the next level.

How many years of college ball did you play?

Okay, that's a weak argument. We'd be quite fortunate to hire Jeff Fisher. The man has coached in a superbowl. That is about all you need. Recruits want to make it to the pros, trust me on that one. The guy they feel gives them the best opportunity to get there is where they'll go and it makes sense. Nobody in college football right now would know what the NFL wants more than Jeff Fisher. He would be a HR HIRE for sure and I don't understand any logic to the contrary. I doubt he comes out here, but we'd turn around in a hurry if he did take the job. He's also a fantastic X's and O's guy and the best recruits around the country would flock to play for him.

I already said that I'm not arguing against Fisher. I didn't say he couldn't recruit and I certainly didn't say he can't coach. I even agree with you that the guy the recruits feel gives them the best chance to get to the pros is who they'll want to sign with. Now show me evidence that Fisher can convince them of that. Chizik has out recruited Saban on a few recruits. Somehow, he convinced them their development would be better with him than with Saban. Would any objective data convince YOU of that?

Just because Fisher is a great coach with a proven record in the pros doesn't mean he's going to be able to motivate 17-23 year olds. Doesn't mean he will connect with them and their families. Doesn't even mean he can even judge their ability to mature into NFL talent.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First post - yes, I know everyone is saying "no" to Muschamps, but I happened to find this online and just couldn't resist the terminology used by "EagleDamnWar" and what was used on this website": http://gamedayr.com/gamedayr/video-will-muschamp-boom-compilation/

Thanks in advance for your patience for this first time poster...

We can disagree. I'll be forever disappointed if Pete Carroll is named our head coach.

Also, I said I would choose Tressel over the other two and not that I wanted him by any stretch.

I think a coaching search is only limited by the person choosing who to call. The worst thing you can hear is no and that isn't the end of the world.

If Pete Carroll comes to Auburn I will not send one dime more money to Auburn that supports that crooked SOB. I don't for one minute believe he didn't know anything about what was going on at USCw with his star player.

I don't want Petrino on the sideline either. I don't feel at all the way Barkley feels about hiring him. A head coach at the college level is a role model for young men and I don't want Petrino in that position at Auburn personally. I wish him the best finding another job anywhere else.

You make me giggle. :big: I bet you are fun at a party :nanner:

If Pete Carroll comes to Auburn I will not send one dime more money to Auburn that supports that crooked SOB. I don't for one minute believe he didn't know anything about what was going on at USCw with his star player.

I don't want Petrino on the sideline either. I don't feel at all the way Barkley feels about hiring him. A head coach at the college level is a role model for young men and I don't want Petrino in that position at Auburn personally. I wish him the best finding another job anywhere else.

I doubt Saban is directly involved in aquiring recruits other than telling boosters that he'd really like to get this guy or that. Carroll did let agents roam the athletic complex but apparently $puat has gotten the green light from the SEC office that they approve it.

Did you ever see the ESPN fluff piece about how Carroll would go into the 'hood and talk to gang members about straightening up? He's a pretty good guy.

Tressel on the other hand is way worse than Petrino in his actions. He covered somethin up and lied to the NCAA about it. Petrino didn't break NCAA rules and lie to cove it up, he just lied to cover his butt.

We can disagree. I'll be forever disappointed if Pete Carroll is named our head coach.

Also, I said I would choose Tressel over the other two and not that I wanted him by any stretch.

I think a coaching search is only limited by the person choosing who to call. The worst thing you can hear is no and that isn't the end of the world.

You will be forever disappointed IF Carroll was hired. OK, will you be disappointed forever if he came in and won 95% of the time and took AU to the SEC Championship game 3 or 4 times, and say 2 NC's in the next 8 years? I'm just curious because I just don't see how anyone could be disappointed with a Pete Carroll hire. I think it's fantasy land anyway. It will probably be a coach with a .500 record. That's better than Chizik, but not nearly good enough for the future of AU football. I still wish the AU powerbrokers would throw a boatload of money at Petersen and make him say no. Heck, I wouldn't care if he came in a wanted to make Pat Dye Field orange! I know many AU people are all about tradition, but I'm telling you, kid's (high school athletes) today don't give a rat's a$$ about tradition. They want to win. They want to be unique.

Pete Carroll is not leaving Seattle anytime soon. We love the guy out here, he has turned around the Seahawks and got them playing some good football.

I went through 52 pages of this just to make my own comment. I know a guy who is well connected who thinks it is AD Sloan and Jeff Fisher. I know this sounds like everyone else's predictions but I tend to agree with this prediction. It seems to be the most logical choice. He sounded pretty sure of himself and he has some good connections. It is not anyone on the pay sites either by the way. I will be the first in line to eat crow if I am wrong.

I went through 52 pages of this just to make my own comment. I know a guy who is well connected who thinks it is AD Sloan and Jeff Fisher. I know this sounds like everyone else's predictions but I tend to agree with this prediction. It seems to be the most logical choice. He sounded pretty sure of himself and he has some good connections. It is not anyone on the pay sites either by the way. I will be the first in line to eat crow if I am wrong.

This sound very possible to me. I know for a fact that Jeff Fisher isn't having a very good time coaching the Rams and he loves AUBURN and SEC football.

Is it not he with two children at Auburn right now? Though, he was rumored last time for the DC and that rumor turned out to be completely false. Because of that instance, I find it hard to buy into this idea again. Yet, the HC is a lot different from the DC, and Fisher is unhappy from everything I understand at St. Louis.

Sorry to get off new coach talk, but are we positive that chizik and jacobs will be gone at the end of the season? That is priority number one right? I dont want to get all excited over these new coaches and have all this end up as false rumors...

Sorry to get off new coach talk, but are we positive that chizik and jacobs will be gone at the end of the season? That is priority number one right? I dont want to get all excited over these new coaches and have all this end up as false rumors...

JJ and TJ will be gone very soon. Chizik might get to finish the year but it is becoming more and more obvious that he is ok with other peoples players but can't coach up his own.

Is it not he with two children at Auburn right now? Though, he was rumored last time for the DC and that rumor turned out to be completely false. Because of that instance, I find it hard to buy into this idea again. Yet, the HC is a lot different from the DC, and Fisher is unhappy from everything I understand at St. Louis.

Fisher's daughter went to AU and graduated in 2010 I think. Trent is a redshirt sophomore DB for AU. The older brother played LB at Univ of Montana and is now a defensive assistant with the Lions. While Jeff was not coaching last year, he supposedly traveled around the SEC to see AU play both at home and on the road. I know he was in Auburn during the A-Day game this past spring because I saw him with a blonde (girlfriend I think) and his daughter (I think) walking inside the stadium.

AD: Eddie Dean

HC: Roland Deschain

I dig the Dark Tower reference, but I believe you have their positions reversed.

No no, Roland is the hard nosed take no crap coach, Eddie is the slick nosed make friends and win guy! :)

Gotta wonder if JGT and the rest pull these stunts for publicity and money for their sites. They said it was a current head coach that could rival Saban, but if true, what college coach is going to announce they're leaving their team with regular season games left and a bowl game?

If there is a coach in waiting then one must be true:

1)We would likely be waiting until mid- Jan 2012 after the bowl games finish and the dust settles if its a college coach making a lateral move

2) Its a curent NFL coach that can walk away whenever they want.

Chick....my question is why would a successful big-time college coach leave what (by definition) is a good program to take over a program in trouble where he would have to play the SEC meat-grinder schedule every year? A schedule where he can have a damn good team and still lose two or three games each year.

Money can't be an issue for any top coach....at least a Div I coach. If they do well, they get paid well.

And likewise, what successful NFL coach would leave that kind of job to baby-sit a bunch of prima donna HS kids, not to mention having to prositiute themselves to these kid's families and of course do the same to the big money donors?

Be prepared to be disappointed.

Chick....my question is why would a successful big-time college coach leave what (by definition) is a good program to take over a program in trouble where he would have to play the SEC meat-grinder schedule every year? A schedule where he can have a damn good team and still lose two or three games each year.

Money can't be an issue for any top coach....at least a Div I coach. If they do well, they get paid well.

And likewise, what successful NFL coach would leave that kind of job to baby-sit a bunch of prima donna HS kids, not to mention having to prositiute themselves to these kid's families and of course do the same to the big money donors?

Be prepared to be disappointed.

Agreed. I see the boom hire being Jimbo Fisher honestly. He has family ties to the area, he and Saban are friends, which would likely result in some good Iron Bowls, and he doesn't seem to have an interest in going to the NFL. I could see him getting cozy in Auburn, being only 90 miles from B'ham.

Archived