Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

I just don't see Jacobs staying. Who really thinks he is? The entire sports program at AU is in decline. Only exception being the NC. That was awesome, but that was a perfect storm kinda' year and you can't expect that to ever happen again with a 5-19 ISU coach and there are only so many Cam Newton's of the world to go around.

I don't know how but Jacobs has gotten some support recent and his fate is not decided yet.

Oh boy. Politics. I'm sure Tim Jackson and Chizik would survive too since they are tied in with eachother.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see Jacobs staying. Who really thinks he is? The entire sports program at AU is in decline. Only exception being the NC. That was awesome, but that was a perfect storm kinda' year and you can't expect that to ever happen again with a 5-19 ISU coach and there are only so many Cam Newton's of the world to go around.

I don't know how but Jacobs has gotten some support recent and his fate is not decided yet.

Oh boy. Politics. I'm sure Tim Jackson and Chizik would survive too since they are tied in with eachother.

No. I am hearing they are still gone.

I don't claim to have "inside sources" but according to an individual that was visiting Dr. Gouge on the A&m changes will be made regarding Jacobs. I had a 30 minute conversation with him, and while he wouldn't give me specifics he did say expect changes to be across the board.

If Jacobs stays along with Chizik and Jackson, or if Jacobs hires another Chizik, I know for a fact that some big money Auburn boosters who have told me that they would consider giving their money to other SEC schools if that's the only way Dr. JG will get their message.

If Jacobs stays along with Chizik and Jackson, or if Jacobs hires another Chizik, I know for a fact that some big money Auburn boosters who have told me that they would consider giving their money to other SEC schools if that's the only way Dr. JG will get their message.

So you're telling me that Auburn alumni/boosters wouldn't just not give their money to Auburn, they would instead take that money and give it to another school they have no ties to? What a load.

The University will lose a good bit of money if JG keeps those 3 around for another year in hopes that things will turn around for the better. If that's what JG is counting on, he's in for a BIG surprise.

So you're telling me that Auburn alumni/boosters wouldn't just not give their money to Auburn, they would instead take that money and give it to another school they have no ties to? What a load.

Bobby Lowder donated millions to gumpU. It has nothing to do with loyalty. It's all about working relationships and tax write-offs.

Most likely the BOOM hire you guys speak of will be a BUST hire! And then all this bitchin each of you have done against our current coaches and wanting them fired, will come back to kick you in the butt. Personally I think our coaches deserve one more year. But hey, don't say I told ya so, but BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!

Posted by allin2010 on another board. TIFWIW.

"I have hope that we will get rid of J. Jacobs... I finally took a deep breath, spoke with someone in authority, and thought about it for a minute.

J. Jacobs, TJ are pulling out all the stops in an effort to save their jobs, this includes: putting out information that JJ may save his job, Dye's call on Friday, JJ now willing to replace Chizik, opening up practice, taking TJ off the field, TJ begging for his job, etc...

JJ/Dye is reminding folks that he has made ONE bad hire and compares himself to Mal Moore and Mal's hiring of Saban.... I think Jay has told Dr. G. that he can bring in a BIG time coach. Dr. G. has gotten some assurances that this coach will come and work for Jay."

"I have hope that we will get rid of J. Jacobs... I finally took a deep breath, spoke with someone in authority, and thought about it for a minute.

J. Jacobs, TJ are pulling out all the stops in an effort to save their jobs, this includes: putting out information that JJ may save his job, Dye's call on Friday, JJ now willing to replace Chizik, opening up practice, taking TJ off the field, TJ begging for his job, etc...

JJ/Dye is reminding folks that he has made ONE bad hire and compares himself to Mal Moore and Mal's hiring of Saban.... I think Jay has told Dr. G. that he can bring in a BIG time coach. Dr. G. has gotten some assurances that this coach will come and work for Jay."

Wait, there's actually a chance Jacobs keeps his job?

Most likely the BOOM hire you guys speak of will be a BUST hire! And then all this bitchin each of you have done against our current coaches and wanting them fired, will come back to kick you in the butt. Personally I think our coaches deserve one more year. But hey, don't say I told ya so, but BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!

We've gone from historical SEC power program to a laughing stock and Homecoming team. A thorough house cleaning is needed.

That's how I read it. I am losing faith, with all involved in our leadership, by the minute. Just boggles my mind.

That's how I read it. I am losing faith, with all involved in our leadership, by the minute. Just boggles my mind.

If we don't completely clean house, the little money I spend on AU paraphernalia will be spent elsewhere. Hrmm...I have a Wineador that needs filling.

AD: Eddie Dean

HC: Roland Deschain

I dig the Dark Tower reference, but I believe you have their positions reversed.

No no, Roland is the hard nosed take no crap coach, Eddie is the slick nosed make friends and win guy! :)

I get that, I just think had the roles been reversed, with a hard-nosed, gruff AD, we never would have hired this coach. Besides, Eddie could charm the recruits' families, and he'd be a media darling.

To be honest, that's more or less what I'm hoping for in the coming weeks.

So let me get this straight... We have 58 pages of "nothing"

That's just in this thread. There are plenty of other threads with even more nothing.

^-^

That's just in this thread. There are plenty of other threads with even more nothing.

^-^

All this nothing has to go somewhere.... :poke:

^-^

Or the nothing can go nowhere....

If it's true that JJ will be retained with the others, I'm done with giving money to Auburn University, and I won't be alone. I have many other friends who donate as well, and told me they will stop sending money if we do not clean house. I always had this bad feeling nothing would change, and now it seems like that bad feeling is coming to reality. It really is sad that there is no leadership at Auburn....

^-^

Or the nothing can go nowhere....

Did Seinfeld & George Costanza start this thread? It is afterall "a thread about nothing".

Archived