Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

ok,if it isn`t Jeff Fisher, who could it be? I believe Ellitor commented that a GM/AD was in contact with AU and the coach of that GM/AD, called AU to express interest. Since Snead has AU ties and obviously Fisher does too its the most logical choice. JGT said 1% would know the AD candidate (ive never heard of Snead) and 100% wouldknow the potential coach (Fisher)..or it could all be a smokescreen to sell subscriptions and JGT could say it was a fluid situation and nothing came of it.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All signs point towards Fisher being in the mix. This would be outstanding. My question is since he is coaching in the NFL would he enter into a contract to coach Auburn but finish out this season? What if he wants to finish the year first and we wait but don't get him? Waiting on an NFL coach to finish his season could be a big gamble. I 100% believe that is why we ended up with SL as our OC this year.

Sean Payton will stay in NO. You can tell how much he is needed for them this year. The GM already said he will be coach next year

You'll have to forgive aubfaniga. He doesn't understand how the world works what with its coachspeak and "presidentspeak" and other confusing non-literal stuff.

LOL

I will give this "fantasy" league draft thing a try. Let's see here..... "Boom Hire" Let me go out in left field with this one. (no further left than most though)

BVG is asked to stay as DC and is promoted to Assitant HC. (HC in waiting)

Scott Loeffler will be asked to stay on board as the co-OC (Developing QB type stuff while learning from a new offensive mentor)

Now for the "Boom hire" ............. Chris Ault :-\ Pistol anyone??? Package deal of course, (Cary Groth AD)

I had to throw a name out there that had not been brought up before. :dunno:

Jim Harbaugh? That would be my dream hire, but will not happen.

Not mine. He NEEDS to stay in the bay area a looooong time. I LOVE AU but I love my 49ers too and we were down for nearly a decade before Harbaugh showed up.

Jim Harbaugh? That would be my dream hire, but will not happen.

Not mine. He NEEDS to stay in the bay area a looooong time. I LOVE AU but I love my 49ers too and we were down for nearly a decade before Harbaugh showed up.

You can thank Carmen Policy for that. Can't stand him for it.

You'll have to forgive aubfaniga. He doesn't understand how the world works what with its coachspeak and "presidentspeak" and other confusing non-literal stuff.

LOL

I will give this "fantasy" league draft thing a try. Let's see here..... "Boom Hire" Let me go out in left field with this one. (no further left than most though)

Scott Loeffler will be asked to stay on board as the co-OC (Developing QB type stuff while learning from a new offensive mentor)

Now for the "Boom hire" ............. Chris Ault :-\ Pistol anyone??? Package deal of course, (Cary Groth AD)

That guy wil be 66 in a couple of days...

Jimbo Fisher would be a boom hire. He can recruit like no other. He's a hard sss hard working no nonsense get the job done kind of coach. Jimbo or Jeff, either would be a boomer but THE boomer.

LOL

That guy wil be 66 in a couple of days...

He is a young buck compared to Bill Snyder

I love this board. Any idea how old Steve Spurrier is?

BVG (coach in waiting)

Not too mention he is cheap. lol

I do have a couple of questions and I am not exactly sure of the rules....isn't it against NCAA rules for us to be talking to a coach, employed at another University, without first asking permission? Also, wouldn't Coach Chiz have something in his contract about us not being able to do that while he is still employed at Auburn?

Jimbo Fisher would not be the Boom hire a Bob Stoops would be. Bob Stoops has made Oklahoma a top 5-10 team every year, appeared in 4 NC's and won 1. What has Jimbo Fisher done? He may be a decent coach, but he doesn't have that kind of resume. Florida St. also seems to lose a game or two every year they shouldn't, but I guess the same could be said about Oklahoma lately.

I do have a couple of questions and I am not exactly sure of the rules....isn't it against NCAA rules for us to be talking to a coach, employed at another University, without first asking permission? Also, wouldn't Coach Chiz have something in his contract about us not being able to do that while he is still employed at Auburn?

get that logical thinking off this board right now and go to your room!!!

How dare you?

Don't let TitanTiger see this. He might lock you down

LOL...ever heard of "I'll have my people call your people"?

Lots of ways to get around NCAA rules...and its absolutely done ALL the time.

How dare you?

I'm not aware that its even against NCAA rules to contact a coach. It's more a courtesy or "best practice."

That said, aubfaninga is still in the fog of his naivete if he things rules or no rules that this doesn't happen anyway, just like metafour pointed out. Someone talks to his agent to gauge interest, agent talks to coach, agent talks back to "representative" of the inquiring school.

I have no problem with Fisher but wonder whether saying he is someone that would keep our recruits on board might be an overstatement. Just because he's coached in the NFL doesn't mean he is going to relate to them well and he's never recruited high school athletes before. He might be great at it but how would JGT or anyone else know that now? My guess is that JGT is talking about someone else. Unfortunately, I have no idea who.

Are you serious? The guy has coached in the NFL over ten years and he has been sucessful at it to. If i'm a recruit i'm signing and playing for that guy because he better knows then anyone what it takes to get to the next level.

How dare you?

I'm not aware that its even against NCAA rules to contact a coach. It's more a courtesy or "best practice."

That said, aubfaninga is still in the fog of his naivete if he things rules or no rules that this doesn't happen anyway, just like metafour pointed out. Someone talks to his agent to gauge interest, agent talks to coach, agent talks back to "representative" of the inquiring school.

TT I agree with what you said and you understand how the system works.

Archived