Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff Fisher? I just don't know I mean I am a Nashville native a huge Titans fan and friends with his son but I mean I just don't get it.. hopefully he would bring tracy rocker back with him.

chip Kelly, Bob Stoops, Gus Malzhan, Bobby Petrino, Jimbo Fisher, Tommy Bowden**, Mike Gundy, Art Briles, Gary Patterson, Larry Fedora. I put Tommy Bowden in this list for good measure. You know, there are some damn good coaches in this list. Better yet, this is a list of damn good coaches of which just about any could come aboard after the Iron Bowl and put us on the winning track for the long term.

He said he'd be a good hire if we could get him but he doesn't believe he would come. Didn't rule it out entirely, but didn't think it would happen.

Well that`s far from confirming,wishful thinking i guess.

Hey Kessler! I have figured out that your glass stays half empty most of the time! Just kidding of course.

Fisher is a well respected coach. Some would argue he was barely over .500 with the Oilers/Titans, but then look at how committed the ownership even was to the team. I think he is most well known for getting a lot out of what he has to work with.

I have no problem with Fisher but wonder whether saying he is someone that would keep our recruits on board might be an overstatement. Just because he's coached in the NFL doesn't mean he is going to relate to them well and he's never recruited high school athletes before. He might be great at it but how would JGT or anyone else know that now? My guess is that JGT is talking about someone else. Unfortunately, I have no idea who.

So is Jeff Fisher the coach JGT was talking about also?

No one knows and JGT isn't saying yet.

Could this have anything to do with certain sites wanting to sell subscriptions?

So is Jeff Fisher the coach JGT was talking about also?

No one knows and JGT isn't saying yet.

Could this have anything to do with certain sites wanting to sell subscriptions?

Bingo!

I don't know a lot about Jeff Fisher besides he coached the Titans and his son is on the team and most of the people commenting on this thread would be thrilled to have him as the next coach.

What about him makes him so appealing as the next coach? If he's as good as everyone says he is, then I'm all for it. Just curious as to why he is so AUsome.

War Eagle!!!

I don't know a lot about Jeff Fisher besides he coached the Titans and his son is on the team and most of the people commenting on this thread would be thrilled to have him as the next coach.

What about him makes him so appealing as the next coach? If he's as good as everyone says he is, then I'm all for it. Just curious as to why he is so AUsome.

War Eagle!!!

He is a very good coach and person. He has a great reputation in the NFL. That would help him put together a good staff and he would be able to recruit his tail off.

im starting to think it all could be smoke and mirrors to silence some of the petrino, fisher, and malzahn, rumors

Could be... :dunno:

We've still got to have an opening before we can make a hire, "boom" or not. Ha! Until Chiz and Jacobs are both officially gone, it's all wishful thinking and anonymous speculation.

im starting to think it all could be smoke and mirrors to silence some of the petrino, fisher, and malzahn, rumors

Or coaches trying to get themselves a nice raise.

Or coaches trying to get themselves a nice raise.

Playin' the system.

Good for them, bad for us.

JGT mentioned that the hire could be a package deal meaning an AD and a coach. He also said the AD could have AU connections. There is a guy in the Ram's organization that is an Auburn grad. So this could be where the Fisher rumors are coming from. Someone could have have saw this and started the rumor or this could be what JGT was talking about.

Archived