Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete Carrol would be a great hire but like several have said.NCAA still visits him on the daily...i have no idea whos being mentioned.. but we need a miracle.. we have to compete on this state and the nation

Yup, Payton is going to forego multiple NFL HC options to coach Auburn.

Boys and girls, not everybody sees Auburn as the almighty place to be as most here do. He's not coming here. There's a difference in being hopeful and being ridiculous.

Besides, Titan has already said a billion times its not him.

No one said that Auburn was more attractive. I just stated that he did match the hints that were thrown out. ALSO, seems that he and the GM are fairly close, but what do I know...

AND Petrino left the NFL for a head coaching job at Arkansas SO.....it HAS happened before.

Don't get angry. I enjoy AU Family, but I have to say I think I just wasted 15 pages of reading through mostly Peyton for coach gossip. This is crazy thinking. Less than 0 chance of happening. I wish we could be a bit more realistic.

People on AUFamily saying that Jimbo Fisher is not a boom or Strong not a boom or even saying that OK coach Stoops is not that great.................you have to be kidding me. All these names are bigger names than AU has ever hired in my lifetime; and I have been around a while. AU HAS NO history of makng splashy BOOM hires. All the names Stoops, Fisher, Strong should be considered as boom hires by our historic hiring patterns.

I'd be thrilled with Pete Carroll. NCAA sanctions? You guys act like he is the one that bought everything for Reggie Bush. Man, you might want to look a little more into the case before you start automatically bashing the guy. That sounds the most logical although from TOS it seemed like it's a current college coach. The big "IF" is something that puzzles me. The way that was presented, there's a particular stipulation that has to happen with this candidate. My guess, that AD must be hired and if that's the case then Gross and Carroll again make complete sense.

Pete Carrol would be a great hire but like several have said.NCAA still visits him on the daily...i have no idea whos being mentioned.. but we need a miracle.. we have to compete on this state and the nation

Was what happened at USC more Carrol or Lane Kiffen and boosters? Kiffen got caught doing similar stuff at UT. Carrol has a reputation now that he won't have to cheat to get recruits anymore. I could be happy with him at AU if he some how ended up on the Plains.

For what seems like the thousandth time, Sean Payton is not coming to Auburn. Get that through your cast iron skulls.

I think you are right. With the timing of the announcement, he is obviously going to Kentucky. Do you think he will do well there? Any chance we might be working to get him to change his mind?

Pete Carroll would be a grand freakin' slam hire. The Syracuse AD would be a hell of a hire too. Talk about a new direction for Auburn Athletics. Both are west coast guys and have had major success. I know, I know USC got slammed over Reggie Bush, but who cares? I don't think he was involved with what the boosters were doing. Look, if you were an 18 year old recruit and Pete Carroll came into your home to recruit you, you would be jacked up about it. His players at USC always played their hearts out for him. The AD from Syrcuse has zero Auburn ties so the good ol' boy network would be abolished. Don't see it happening, but the change in the culture would be fantastic. It's the 21st century. It's time AU went a different direction, and this would be different.

If Pete Carroll comes to Auburn I will not send one dime more money to Auburn that supports that crooked SOB. I don't for one minute believe he didn't know anything about what was going on at USCw with his star player.

I don't want Petrino on the sideline either. I don't feel at all the way Barkley feels about hiring him. A head coach at the college level is a role model for young men and I don't want Petrino in that position at Auburn personally. I wish him the best finding another job anywhere else.

Was't Pete Carroll cleared, I mean after ll, he did not lie to the the NCAA the way the former Ohio State coached did. No way do I want Bobby Patrino up and down our sideline.

If Pete Carroll comes to Auburn I will not send one dime more money to Auburn that supports that crooked SOB. I don't for one minute believe he didn't know anything about what was going on at USCw with his star player.

I don't want Petrino on the sideline either. I don't feel at all the way Barkley feels about hiring him. A head coach at the college level is a role model for young men and I don't want Petrino in that position at Auburn personally. I wish him the best finding another job anywhere else.

2 of the best names mentioned IMO.

Was what happened at USC more Carrol or Lane Kiffen and boosters? Kiffen got caught doing similar stuff at UT. Carrol has a reputation now that he won't have to cheat to get recruits anymore. I could be happy with him at AU if he some how ended up on the Plains.

All of USC's current sanctions are a result of events during Pete Carroll's tenure. With Lame Kitten I think you're just projecting what will likely happen in the future given his past. ;D

Agreed. Both our outstanding coaches.

I just can't imagine there is any chance of Pete Carrol coming to Auburn.

Agreed. Both our outstanding coaches.

I just can't imagine there is any chance of Pete Carrol coming to Auburn.

Wonder if he will leave NFL.

Archived