Who is the "BOOM HIRE" that EagleDamnWar speaks of

tbone4jc

:laugh: Ok, I am not allowed to say who it is, but I will give a few hints.

You love to hate him when he is on the other sideline.

He hates the fanbase that he now coaches for and wants to get as far away from them as he can.

The BOOM would be every single one of the gumps heads exploding.

It's Nick Saban.

It's day by day. Other than that, no comment.

Um...no.

Sean Payton's Saints contract was just voided by the NFL and he'll be a free agent next season. I am not an insider and have no inside sources, just remember someone saying his name and that this "boom" hire would shock everyone. Also, his contract with the Saints was 6 years $37 million.

http://espn.go.com/d...nfl-sources-say

He'll be back in New Orleans.

You're incorrect. His contract was voided today by the NFL. He is a free agent.

I think what TT is saying is he will re-sign with NO, which I agree with.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hates the fanbase that he now coaches for and wants to get as far away from them as he can.

It's Nick Saban.

You're fos. That was funny though.

It's Nick Saban.

Um...no.

Sean Payton's Saints contract was just voided by the NFL and he'll be a free agent next season. I am not an insider and have no inside sources, just remember someone saying his name and that this "boom" hire would shock everyone. Also, his contract with the Saints was 6 years $37 million.

Can they not just give another to him?

They could re-structure which is not as simple as it sounds, and Sean has also is recently divorced from his wife of 20 years and there will be plenty of offers for him. He could looking for some change or a new start somewhere. But no inside sources here, just current events that may fit the puzzle JGT unleashed.

It's Nick Saban.

Um...no.

I think what TT is saying is he will re-sign with NO, which I agree with.

Thank you.

And if for some reason he doesn't, expect the Cowboys to let Jason Garrett go and come after Payton full bore. We aren't outbidding either of them.

So Jay G., PM, Dr G. the BOT, a few on this site, and you, all know who it is but all of you are keeping it a secret until the season's end?

I really, really believe you! Great stuff!

So Jay G., PM, Dr G. the BOT, a few on this site, and you, all know who it is but all of you are keeping it a secret until the season's end?

Nobody has a clue! LOL

It was a joke. Good grief. I thought it was as obvious as Kate Upton's figure.

Just a word of advice. I would make dang sure I pulled the stick out before I sat down if I was you.

Titan do you have some kind of idea who it is?

I have ideas, but nothing solid yet. I just know certain guys like Payton are just people flinging any name against the wall to see what sticks.

JGT said this possible "boom" coaching hire was in the mix because of a new AD possibility that recently made some interest known. The AD wouldn't be someone most would be familiar with but he has some ties to a certain big time coach. He also said that the coach is coaching right now. That alone rules out Payton.

One thought. The longer this goes on, the less likely it is to happen. Too many people get in their ear and tell them it is a bad idea. I also think the timing is interesting on the Sheridan comments. He does exactly what he is told.

One thought. The longer this goes on, the less likely it is to happen. Too many people get in their ear and tell them it is a bad idea. I also think the timing is interesting on the Sheridan comments. He does exactly what he is told.

Don't you have to know who it is to be able to get in their ear and talk them out of it?

Don't you have to know who it is to be able to get in their ear and talk them out of it?

I pray you are right. Secrets are very hard to keep. Nobody can be trusted in these discussions. Loose lips....... Auburn family deserves good a change.

I know it won't happen but can you imagine if Saban jumped for Auburn? Never mind the trees... We would have to hire the National Guard full time to protect our campus...

It looks like the possibility of Sean Payton to AU rumor is flourishing around the boards.

Never happening in a world.

Never said it will. He will be Saints HC again, IMO. AU fans have taken it and ran with it.

No NFL HC right now will be coaching at AU period. I'm sorry but thats the truth.

I wouldn't say that. Remember, JGT said that the potential candidate is currently a HC right now. That could mean college or NFL.

I know it won't happen but can you imagine if Saban jumped for Auburn? Never mind the trees... We would have to hire the National Guard full time to protect our campus...

We'd have to hire full-time bodyguards to protect HIM!

It'd never happen-----and I don't WANT it to happen----but just thinking of the updykes' reactions makes me laugh.

Anyone mention Chip Kelly? That would be a boom hire and he is currently coaching. There has been rumors in the past of him leaving Oregon. We have the type of talent to run his offense on the team already. I doubt it's him, but I would love to see his O at AU. Who are the Oregon AD & asst. AD?

Archived