Hire Bobby Petrino = being completely shut out of Georgia/Metro Atlanta recruiting

MIGMAN

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

Petrino's final scores against Alabama. (Hint- the points on the left do not belong to Arkansas) Figured I needed to speak in a language you could understand.

Thank God you posted that!! We haven't been getting that drilled into our HEADS EVER SINCE HE HAS BEEN MENTIONED

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Petrino fan myself either. I think impact on Georgia recruiting will be minimal, less so than the reservations some of the players' moms will have about his character. Even that will be minimal, but it will be out there.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." A quote that I completely understand when I read some of the posts on here. Especially about how he hasn't beaten Bama. I forgot that's the only team we play all year. Sorry. And who cares if he got some ass? That's his business.

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

Petrino's final scores against Alabama. (Hint- the points on the left do not belong to Arkansas) Figured I needed to speak in a language you could understand.

Who do you think we could hire that will be able to consistently beat Saban? Of active coaches, only Les Miles has had even close to consistent success against Saban since Saban was hired at spuat. Therefore; I assume you are going to name someone who you think has "the potential" to compete with Saban. Give me reasons why this person you name will compete with Saban.

wde

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

Good one, but be careful using facts. Many Petrino supporters, disappointed with this season, are making senseless emotional decisions, and do not want to hear anything factual!

If the points scored against Saban is the coaching hire criteria, so who then do we hire?

In major college coaching staffs, those that have outscored him recently are a very rare breed.

All sorts of debate to balance that, he had mostly 2 and 3 * talent at Arky, would he have the same here? smh............oh but anything to rationalize our point,yawn.

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

Good one, but be careful using facts. Many Petrino supporters, disappointed with this season, are making senseless emotional decisions, and do not want to hear anything factual!

Who do you think we could hire that will be able to consistently beat Saban? Of active coaches, only Les Miles has had even close to consistent success against Saban since Saban was hired at spuat. Therefore; I assume you are going to name someone who you think has "the potential" to compete with Saban. Give me reasons why this person you name will compete with Saban.

wde

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

Here a question for you smarty pants:

How many coaches that coach in the SEC or the the BCS have winning records against Saban but also play quality opponents throughout the year.....don't worry, I'll wait

I must agree with MIGMAN on his Petrino sentiments. Take off the table how he left Ark. Notes on the lockers and on a jet plane in the middle of the night with Falcons season still underway? This is the man desired to lead War Eagle nation? Really? Growing up I selected AU over Bama for several reasons even though at the time the Bear had a stranglehold on us. It was about the obvious difference in class between the 2 teams fan base included. If we are now to the point of hiring a total loser who will inevitably leave AU in a wake of disaster like he does every other organization he touches for the hopes of a few wins then I must question my lifelong dedication. I fully understand “the college football business” and expectations of high profile SEC football teams. Wins come before anything else plain and simple. However, I think Jacobs would be selling the heart and soul of the AU body by taking on a guy that leads the class in cowardly, unethical behavior. Kiffin, Franchonie, Sabin, Carrol are all star students but Petrino most certainly heads up that class of degenerates. I can't imagine how anyone with a moral fiber in their body could sit in a living room and listen to this donkey talking about how he is the right man to lead their son through a very critical time in their life. The kids have a say so but the parents make the ultimate decisions when it comes down to recruiting. Hire Petrino and it will have a negative impact on recruiting even outside of the metro Atlanta area given the publicity of hog and ho. Anyone who can't agree on that is simply hoping for wins at the expense of their own good conscious.

WAR EAGLE!

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

Thank God you posted that!! We haven't been getting that drilled into our HEADS EVER SINCE HE HAS BEEN MENTIONED

Mike, I understand that the record has probably been posted before but I was shocked when I looked at it and saw the scores. It's one thing to be 0-4 against our arch rival. But with only one exception, the games were never even close. I admit that surprised me. With everything else swirling around Petrino, I might be able to understand the infatuation if he had even been competitive with bama. Just don't get it. I might take a bad guy that can beat bama. I might take a good guy that struggles against bama (but not for long :) ) But a bad guy that has been owned by bama? Makes no sense.

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

Mike, I understand that the record has probably been posted before but I was shocked when I looked at it and saw the scores. It's one thing to be 0-4 against our arch rival. But with only one exception, the games were never even close. I admit that surprised me. With everything else swirling around Petrino, I might be able to understand the infatuation if he had even been competitive with bama. Just don't get it. I might take a bad guy that can beat bama. I might take a good guy that struggles against bama (but not for long :) ) But a bad guy that has been owned by bama? Makes no sense.

I think when looking at those scores one has to observe the difference in talent on each team as well though

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." A quote that I completely understand when I read some of the posts on here. Especially about how he hasn't beaten Bama. I forgot that's the only team we play all year. Sorry. And who cares if he got some ass? That's his business.

Nor did they ever regret being easily led, huh? When I read shallow takes trying to equate an aversion to hiring Bobby Petrino to being stupid, all I can do is shake my head. Unreal, I wonder how smart Louisville, ATL and Arkansas feel about having hired the guy?

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

wde

He did that at Arkansas. On the plains he would do better. This Saban fixation has got to stop. We need a Dye back in there who can say it takes 60 minutes to beat bama. Stats don't win games people do. Using the Saban rational you have limited yourself to a coach from Utah, LSU, South Carolina, La Monroe, Houston Nutt, Tubbs and Gene.

I agree. Plus hiring her when she wasn’t qualified because he was sleeping with her, then lying to the entire administration of the school about her, not to mention law enforcement and his spouse, should have nothing to do with his hire at AU.

Neither should the way he left Louisville or ATL (ATL in the middle of the night, mid season, leaving notes on his players lockers), none of this should be considered, because when he gets to AU, he will completely change.

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

How many coaches that coach in the SEC or the the BCS have winning records against Saban but also play quality opponents throughout the year.....don't worry, I'll wait

None other than Tommy Tuberville.

Someone questioning the intelligence of others and saying "who cares if he got some ass" in the same post. Speaks for itself I believe. If you ever want Auburn football to be successful long term then beating bama needs to be viewed as the only game that matters. If you think that they are "just another team" on our schedule then you need a history lesson. Petrino would never get past three consecutive losses to bama without losing his job much less four. And 45-19 and 35-7 might get him hacked after two. That's a fact.

I have to admit I am now getting on this Petrino band wagon.

I mean think about it….. Saban with his title rings, the father figure Richt, and Petrino are in the living room of a star QB (the next Cam or Tebow); trying to convince him to pull the trigger for their school…I can really see the parents saying: Son you got to go to Auburn with this Petrino guy!

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

None other than Tommy Tuberville.

Exactly and lets face it. Auburn isn't bringing Tubs back...

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

I think when looking at those scores one has to observe the difference in talent on each team as well though

But who is responsible for the talent level? And how is Petrino is going to have such great success recruiting at AU when he was not able to do it at Ark. with much less recruiting competition?

This is completely ridiculous. Petrino will run richt out of Atlanta and flip you off while he is doing it.

Since when has Petrino been a strong recruiter?

+1000

I have to admit I am now getting on this Petrino band wagon.

I mean think about it….. Saban with his title rings, the father figure Richt, and Petrino are in the living room of a star QB (the next Cam or Tebow); trying to convince him to pull the trigger for their school…I can really see the parents saying: Son you got to go to Auburn with this Petrino guy!

The fact that he is a crappy person, a liar, a misuser of university funds, and a known marital cheater, as well as a weak recruiter...such an endearing combination to many parents...

49-14

35-7

24-20

38-14

Total:

146-55

Getting beat by 100 points in 4 years? Dude, please don't be upset with me, I just want what is best fr Auburn. Please don't think the slime ball is the best quick-fix option, out there for us! I know this season sucked but we can do better than Petrino. We are Auburn, and we are all in!

Archived