Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

I will admit that in the beginning I said that I didn't want a scummy coach, and that he would ruin our program and that he would be the worst person to bring in. But, when I realized how hypocritical and unforgiving I was being, I quickly changed my mind. I think that Auburn fans are against Petrino because he represents what we aren't used to. We as fans are used to the warm and fuzzy, I get Auburn's culture, I believe that our first job is to make these boys into respectable men first and great football players second, kind of coach. And to think that, if we really want to win championships, we are going to have to hire a coach that is a saban like cutthroat hard nosed nasty football coach, scares the crap out of the "family" oriented segment of the fanbase because that group is so vehemently opposed to Auburn resembling anything bammer.

But, that group also is the one that complains the most about Auburn not winning National Championships. Would I like to have it both ways? Of course I would, but generally if you really want to be a dominant football program, you have to be able to live with the fact that the coach you hire may be a jerk of an individual, but the son of a gun can coach football and evaluate talent.

Welcome to the dark side, Weegle. I have been on the Petrino bandwagon since the 4th game of the season. I agree he isn't the most morally sound person, but I'm not asking him to date my daughter. I want him to coach my football team to great heights, and turn us into winners again. I don't have the link, but go find the article that kkolumbo put on twitter about Petrino and his coaching style. It will help you understand what type of man Bobby Petrino is. In regards to football, he is a strict disciplinarian that eats, sleeps, breathes and bleeds football excellence. His players respect and fear him, but in a good way. He makes the players accountable for every one of their actions, which I don't believe we have in our current staff.

Bring on Petrino, and let's watch the turds across the state start to fear Auburn again!!!!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will admit that in the beginning I said that I didn't want a scummy coach, and that he would ruin our program and that he would be the worst person to bring in. But, when I realized how hypocritical and unforgiving I was being, I quickly changed my mind. I think that Auburn fans are against Petrino because he represents what we aren't used to. We as fans are used to the warm and fuzzy, I get Auburn's culture, I believe that our first job is to make these boys into respectable men first and great football players second, kind of coach. And to think that, if we really want to win championships, we are going to have to hire a coach that is a saban like cutthroat hard nosed nasty football coach, scares the crap out of the "family" oriented segment of the fanbase because that group is so vehemently opposed to Auburn resembling anything bammer.

But, that group also is the one that complains the most about Auburn not winning National Championships. Would I like to have it both ways? Of course I would, but generally if you really want to be a dominant football program, you have to be able to live with the fact that the coach you hire may be a jerk of an individual, but the son of a gun can coach football and evaluate talent.

Welcome to the dark side, Weegle. I have been on the Petrino bandwagon since the 4th game of the season. I agree he isn't the most morally sound person, but I'm not asking him to date my daughter. I want him to coach my football team to great heights, and turn us into winners again. I don't have the link, but go find the article that kkolumbo put on twitter about Petrino and his coaching style. It will help you understand what type of man Bobby Petrino is. In regards to football, he is a strict disciplinarian that eats, sleeps, breathes and bleeds football excellence. His players respect and fear him, but in a good way. He makes the players accountable for every one of their actions, which I don't believe we have in our current staff.

Bring on Petrino, and let's watch the turds across the state start to fear Auburn again!!!!

Amen brother! I am hearing rumblings about the turds not wanting this to happen. Even heard that the SEC commish and several "coaches" in the SEC are discouraging the hiring of BP. Bring it baby!!

Amen brother! I am hearing rumblings about the turds not wanting this to happen. Even heard that the SEC commish and several "coaches" in the SEC are discouraging the hiring of BP. Bring it baby!!

So let it be...

For all you that still think we're crazy for wanting CBP, read the verse in weegle's sig. I've already got a Savior. His name is Jesus. What we're talking about now is a football coach. And his name is Bobby Petrino.

I like Petrino, but like another poster on here said, you have to believe the other coaches would have a field day sitting with recruits and their mothers bashing BP's character

Because as we all know, the reason all those great recruits flock to bammer is Nick Saban's character. Louisville gets those good basketball recruits because of Rick Pitino's character. Yep, it's all about character.

The SEC commish rumor was 1) old news and 2) false.

Clearly the green-eyed monster is alive and well in the Auburn fanbase. I have to laugh when I read all these magnanimous offerings of 2nd chances and forgiveness justifying the hiring of Bobby Petrino when we all know good and well the real reason. An alarmng number of Auburn fans are so eaten up with envy and jealousy of what is happening in Tuscaloosa they're willing to subordinate everything to doing what they think will make Auburn a winning football program. We're there folks. We've arrived at that plateau where, apparently, we want to be bama so bad we'll do virtually anything to get there. Bamafans been saying we're jealous and envious for years and until now I just laughed at them but I have to concede that point now because they are right. Presently, most of the sentiment coming from those who are "all in" the hire Petrino movement, is driven by jealousy and envy. How do I know that? Quite a few have gone on record and admitted it. I never would've believed it if I hadnt seen it with my own eyes. We're all entitled to freely post our sentiments without recriminations and Im not criticizing anyone for their stance but I would less than honest if I said anything other than I find it somewhat surprising to say the least! Auburn fans and the green-eyed monster make for strange bed fellows. I guess if one lives long enough you'll see most everything you never thought you'd see. war eagle!

The SEC commish rumor was 1) old news and 2) false.

Buzzkill. ;D

Clearly the green-eyed monster is alive and well in the Auburn fanbase. I have to laugh when I read all these magnanimous offerings of 2nd chances and forgiveness justifying the hiring of Bobby Petrino when we all know good and well the real reason. An alarmng number of Auburn fans are so eaten up with envy and jealousy of what is happening in Tuscaloosa they're willing to subordinate everything to doing what they think will make Auburn a winning football program. We're there folks. We've arrived at that plateau where, apparently, we want to be bama so bad we'll do virtually anything to get there. Bamafans been saying we're jealous and envious for years and until now I just laughed at them but I have to concede that point now because they are right. Presently, most of the sentiment coming from those who are "all in" the hire Petrino movement, is driven by jealousy and envy. How do I know that? Quite a few have gone on record and admitted it. I never would've believed it if I hadnt seen it with my own eyes. We're all entitled to freely post our sentiments without recriminations and Im not criticizing anyone for their stance but I would less than honest if I said anything other than I find it somewhat surprising to say the least! Auburn fans and the green-eyed monster make for strange bed fellows. I guess if one lives long enough you'll see most everything you never thought you'd see. war eagle!

Well, lets see.....if we are wanting a winning program that wins SEC Championships, National Championships, postseason awards for our players......well I guess that we, as well as EVERY FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY...are guilty as charged.

Well....my line of thinking is why dont we let God do the judging since he's the only one we have to answer to in the end anyway. It's not our place to.

Ya know, its judgmental people like you that are aiding in the division of the fanbase. Let it go....my goodness. You can paint whatever kinda picture in your mind of how we are supposed to think if you want, its not going to change anything. All it really does is make you look narrow minded.

Ya know, its judgmental people like you that are aiding in the division of the fanbase. Let it go....my goodness. You can paint whatever kinda picture in your mind of how we are supposed to think if you want, its not going to change anything. All it really does is make you look narrow minded.

The funny thing is Im not passing judgement. I just read the posts and note their message. Sorry you dont like what your Auburn brothers are telling you.

One more time..........NO PETRINO. There are too many coaches out there available to settle for him. He brings way too much baggage with him. We need stability,and NO MORE DRAMA of any kind. This program is rocking with all the negativity lately from players failures and Coaches lack of control. Bring an older settled Coach with coaching success or a young fiery Coach from a smaller program,like Northern Illinois, or similar.

Auburn fans want to win ballgames and regularly compete for championships, minus the mind-boggling nosedives into oblivion. They think that as long as you do your due diligence on the guy, you hire the best coach available. Stop the presses. <_<

That's not a green-eyed monster you're seeing, it's a normal, rabid football fanbase that's tired of excuses and the good ol' boy network at Auburn playing tiddlywinks while the rest of our brutal conference gets serious.

Welcome to big boy football. And lay off the armchair psychoanalysis. You need to keep your day job.

Well, lets see.....if we are wanting a winning program that wins SEC Championships, National Championships, postseason awards for our players......well I guess that we, as well as EVERY FOOTBALL PROGRAM IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY...are guilty as charged.

Welcome to the dark side Weegle.

One more time..........NO PETRINO. There are too many coaches out there available to settle for him. He brings way too much baggage with him. We need stability,and NO MORE DRAMA of any kind. This program is rocking with all the negativity lately from players failures and Coaches lack of control. Bring an older settled Coach with coaching success or a young fiery Coach from a smaller program,like Northern Illinois, or similar.

Thanks, bammer.

The funny thing is Im not passing judgement. I just read the posts and note their message. Sorry you dont like what your Auburn brothers are telling you.

I get ya...I'm not a BP or nothing guy. I would actually like Jimbo. I don't have bammer envy. I have Auburn football envy, and what we are putting on the field these days is not Auburn football. There's no emotion or drive instilled in these guys. It's depressing. wde

to all who would want petrino,

You all are fools! Not only do you have the moral baggage, the biggest issue is he has proven that as soon as

the going gets tough, he is gone!- (Atlanta when vick is put in jail)

saban ,miles, the ol' ball coach will have a field day with that in some young 4-5 star recruit's living room.--

"mam', is this the type of coach you would want your son to look up to,and play for for the next 4 years ? "

I can just hear sabans voice wheni typed that!

id rather keep chizik ,than sell my soul like this!

Auburn fans want to win ballgames and regularly compete for championships, minus the mind-boggling nosedives into oblivion. They think that as long as you do your due diligence on the guy, you hire the best coach available. Stop the presses. <_<

That's not a green-eyed monster you're seeing, it's a normal, rabid football fanbase that's tired of excuses and the good ol' boy network at Auburn playing tiddlywinks while the rest of our brutal conference gets serious.

Welcome to big boy football. And lay off the armchair psychoanalysis. You need to keep your day job.

Thanks for the advice. I never said to settle for less. In my mind what BP represents is the lowest of low hanging fruit because on the surface it appears to be the easy AND obvious solution. Apparently, you think his selection would be that solution and I have no problem with your opinion, but, I have my own. Im not of the opinion its BP or settle for a loser. I think thats a cop out frankly and an entrance to the low road that so much of the logic I read in here is based on. I do not believe he is our only option to achieving what people want to achieve within the football program. If its OK with you, I'll continue to post at my leisure.

For all you "CBP" is going to fix the world guys. Here is CBP recruiting class rankings at Ark:

2012 34th

2011 24th

2010 49th

2009 16th

2008 36th

Now the sunshine pumpers (the same ones who once told us what a great coach CGC was) will tell you that CBP can develop players and coach them up. However, if anyone thinks CBP can take the 49th rated class in America and coach them up further than NS can take a top 5 class, I would like to talk to you about investing in a land deal in Arizona.

So, with CBP, we could end up pulling a Dubose like UAT did when they turned a blind eye to his off field issues. They sold their soul and in the end they had a piss poor coach and no soul.

Ummm...actually he did coach up the players at Arky. Those same recruiting classes, are the team that beat the brakes off of us last year. In which, on paper, we out recruited him for 3 straight years. ALOT of good that did huh? Your post doesn't even have enough validity to make an argument, I just wanted to prove a point.

Keep in mind, the standard at AU is NOT to be good enough to beat last year's AU team, the standard is to be good enough to beat every year's UAT team. I didn't verify it, but according to SI, BP is 0-4 vs UAT at Ark (I actually thought he had won one game).

Also, though you can't blame it all on BP, he WAS the father of this year's Ark team and frankly, I don't seem them winning a whole lot more games with him there. Getting fired may have helped his reputation as a coach as had he been on the sideline at Ark this year, IMO, nobody would be begging for him.

I never said he could not coach up players, I said he could not coach a # 20 ranked recruiting class up as far as NS can coach up a top 5 class. If you guys want to believe he can take a #20 ranked class and "Coach it up" to consistently beat NS's top 3 classes, more power to you.

NS is a recruiting machine and IMO to beat him consistently on the field, you have to consistently be competitive with his recruiting classes.

Let me get this straight. Instead of AU bringing in a proven winner ( baggage or not), you want AU to bring in another Chizik? Sorry but I will take the baggage. It will be forgotten after a winning season.

For the record, I am not in the BP bandwagon. But if he is hired I will support him.

For all you "CBP" is going to fix the world guys. Here is CBP recruiting class rankings at Ark:

2012 34th

2011 24th

2010 49th

2009 16th

2008 36th

Now the sunshine pumpers (the same ones who once told us what a great coach CGC was) will tell you that CBP can develop players and coach them up. However, if anyone thinks CBP can take the 49th rated class in America and coach them up further than NS can take a top 5 class, I would like to talk to you about investing in a land deal in Arizona.

So, with CBP, we could end up pulling a Dubose like UAT did when they turned a blind eye to his off field issues. They sold their soul and in the end they had a piss poor coach and no soul.

Ummm...actually he did coach up the players at Arky. Those same recruiting classes, are the team that beat the brakes off of us last year. In which, on paper, we out recruited him for 3 straight years. ALOT of good that did huh? Your post doesn't even have enough validity to make an argument, I just wanted to prove a point.

Keep in mind, the standard at AU is NOT to be good enough to beat last year's AU team, the standard is to be good enough to beat every year's UAT team. I didn't verify it, but according to SI, BP is 0-4 vs UAT at Ark (I actually thought he had won one game).

Also, though you can't blame it all on BP, he WAS the father of this year's Ark team and frankly, I don't seem them winning a whole lot more games with him there. Getting fired may have helped his reputation as a coach as had he been on the sideline at Ark this year, IMO, nobody would be begging for him.

I never said he could not coach up players, I said he could not coach a # 20 ranked recruiting class up as far as NS can coach up a top 5 class. If you guys want to believe he can take a #20 ranked class and "Coach it up" to consistently beat NS's top 3 classes, more power to you.

NS is a recruiting machine and IMO to beat him consistently on the field, you have to consistently be competitive with his recruiting classes.

Impossible when they are winning NC's....Saban will have his day, rest assured. But...we can't design everything around Saban, that is stupid.

Let me get this straight. Instead of AU bringing in a proven winner ( baggage or not), you want AU to bring in another Chizik? Sorry but I will take the baggage. It will be forgotten after a winning season.

For the record, I am not in the BP bandwagon. But if he is hired I will support him.

Likewise..I'm not on the bandwagon either but the man can coach. There's no denying that.

2012 34th

2011 24th

2010 49th

2009 16th

2008 36th

Impossible when they are winning NC's....Saban will have his day, rest assured. But...we can't design everything around Saban, that is stupid.

It is NOT impossible, this staff IS and HAS been consistently competitive with NS in recruiting.

BP is at the flagship institution of his state THE university of Ark and he can't even control the state of Ark in recruiting. Out of state schools go in there at take top prospects regularly.

Likewise..I'm not on the bandwagon either but the man can coach. There's no denying that.

DITTO. I am a true AU fan and, though I think the quickest path to get us back to where we want to be is to keep the current coach for at least one more year, I WILL support whomever the coach is next year.

Archived