Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Can someone summarize what has been said in the first 253 pages of this thread?

Some want BP, some don't :nopityA:

Some compare BP to axe murderers,

Some compare his ordeal with Sandusky

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone summarize what has been said in the first 253 pages of this thread?

Petrino good!

Petrino bad!

Rawr!

Petrino is an excellent football coach but he's also a bad actor. Some are more willing to overlook his bad acting in favor of his coaching acumen. Others think both aspects are equally important. That pretty much nutshells it.

if we end up hiring Petrino, I'm just afraid we'll be blasted by the media and lots of other fans "ie uat." You how the media always takes shots at us on everythong any time they can.

if we end up hiring Petrino, I'm just afraid we'll be blasted by the media and lots of other fans "ie uat." You how the media always takes shots at us on everythong any time they can.

And your probably right but would that be any different than it is now?

It won't matter who we hire.

And your probably right but would that be any different than it is now?

Then maybe we shouldn't have been so judgemental for them hiring saban? I mean we have more important things to worry about than what the turds say about us. You know how we fix that? By stomping them into the ground on the field. They'll shut up then. They will always run their mouths that will never change. We need to worry about Auburn. They are gonna belittle whoever we hire and nag us to death either way, even it its Smart. That's just who they are.

On this point I happen to completely agree...No matter who Auburn hires, the media will make a big deal out of it and work it from the most negative angle they can put together. Why that is continues to baffle me but Auburn has seemingly become THE team the media loves to hate. if not, they do an awfully good impersonation of acting like they do. I quit listening to them and reading their stuff long ago and I dont miss it..

On this point I happen to completely agree...No matter who Auburn hires, the media will make a big deal out of it and work it from the most negative angle they can put together. Why that is continues to baffle me but Auburn has seemingly become THE team the media loves to hate. if not, they do an awfully good impersonation of acting like they do. I quit listening to them and reading their stuff long ago and I dont miss it..

It doesn't matter how many times we beat them or how many NC we get it will never trump anything they have done in their "PAST". When we beat them 6 yrs in a row all you heard was "well, how many NCs y'all got" and so forth. Or "well y'all ain't made to 9 in a row yet". They're classless idiots, but the media loves them. The only way we ever will get a fair shake is being competitive on the field consistently. That's unltimately all I care about. It's not winning NCs every year, it's being productive every year. There's too many things that have to go your way when winning a NC. The turds have just gotten lucky the past couple of years. They shouldn't be in this years NCG but the other top teams choked. It is what it is. Saban will meet his match and they will have their return to mediocrity like they did from 1992- 2009. But Auburn has to man up and start walking the walk instead of talking the talk so to speak. WDE

The media is on us plus the gumps 24/7 whats the difference, BP is at least well respected coaching wise among the media where as GC was NOT and we never got good Pub with him.

This may have been mentioned already, but I'm not going to sift through 254 other pages. Let's say we hire Petrino and sign him to a modest contract. Does that contract include a buyout? Would we start with no buyout and then possibly reward him later if he has success? Would he sign a contract with no buyout (not like he's rolling in offers, that we know of)?

It doesn't matter how many times we beat them or how many NC we get it will never trump anything they have done in their "PAST". When we beat them 6 yrs in a row all you heard was "well, how many NCs y'all got" and so forth. Or "well y'all ain't made to 9 in a row yet". They're classless idiots, but the media loves them. The only way we ever will get a fair shake is being competitive on the field consistently. That's unltimately all I care about. It's not winning NCs every year, it's being productive every year. There's too many things that have to go your way when winning a NC. The turds have just gotten lucky the past couple of years. They shouldn't be in this years NCG but the other top teams choked. It is what it is. Saban will meet his match and they will have their return to mediocrity like they did from 1992- 2009. But Auburn has to man up and start walking the walk instead of talking the talk so to speak. WDE

Best argument I have heard in a long time. I am just ready for our team to be competative consistently. Quit giving people a reason to point a finger at us. Just go out and win, and apologize to no one for it.

Here's a hypothetical:

Say AU skips over Petrino. And they hire the good guy. Petrino ends up at Tennessee and wins 11 games next year and has UT in the running for a NC. The guy we hire wins 7-8 games. Would this ok to you guys?

Here's a hypothetical:

Say AU skips over Petrino. And they hire the good guy. Petrino ends up at Tennessee and wins 11 games next year and has UT in the running for a NC. The guy we hire wins 7-8 games. Would this ok to you guys?

No. And your point is?

Here's a hypothetical:

I would be ecstatic to win 7-8 next year.

Here's a hypothetical:

The people who cried about hiring Petrino wil cry and want to know why we didn't make a big time hire.

Here's a hypothetical:

LOL...in a situation like Auburn is in, why would anyone allow themselves to be lured into debating hypothetical situations?

Here's a hypothetical:

The same argument could be said if BP only won 7-8 games. Nothing is a guarantee bro, you're spinning your wheels. Plus UT is under sanctions so they won't be going anywhere, But...for the record I wouldn't hate BP getting hired.

TN is not looking at Petrino. He is not even on their list. Not 1 big time program is looking at Petrino other than AU.

I do not think he has interviewed for AU yet. But that may change.

TN is not looking at Petrino. He is not even on their list. Not 1 big time program is looking at Petrino other than AU.

I do not think he has interviewed for AU yet. But that may change.

This could also be because it has been made clear that Auburn is his preferred job and if that's the case, no one wants to go through the headache of making him a serious candidate only to have Auburn snatch him away or for it to be known that they were his fallback option. Southern Miss might not mind that, but fellow conference members would.

Archived