Petrino Discussions

TitanTiger

Here's a hypothetical:

Say AU skips over Petrino. And they hire the good guy. Petrino ends up at Tennessee and wins 11 games next year and has UT in the running for a NC. The guy we hire wins 7-8 games. Would this ok to you guys?

LOL...in a situation like Auburn is in, why would anyone allow themselves to be lured into debating hypothetical situations?

This entire website is nothing but hypothetical situations. Why not? It's interesting to discuss.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TN is not looking at Petrino. He is not even on their list. Not 1 big time program is looking at Petrino other than AU.

I do not think he has interviewed for AU yet. But that may change.

This could also be because it has been made clear that Auburn is his preferred job and if that's the case, no one wants to go through the headache of making him a serious candidate only to have Auburn snatch him away or for it to be known that they were his fallback option. Southern Miss might not mind that, but fellow conference members would.

I truly do not believe that. I think that his conduct was so detrimental at ARK that he has been "blackballed" by many universities. The only reason we would even look at him is because he has ties to AU. I think the man can coach, that is obvious. But you can't disregard what he did to the university (hiring a mistriss and lying to the AD/president). Forget the other stuff in his past (which is bad). Forget the affair (which is terrible). He broke the rules and lied.

I can't verify this but I was told after BP got into his troubles at Arkansas and was fired the Ark AD made call outs to all the AD's in the SEC asking them not to hire him.

I can't verify this but I was told after BP got into his troubles at Arkansas and was fired the Ark AD made call outs to all the AD's in the SEC asking them not to hire him.

why would he care other than the fact that he knows Petrino will win and make him look bad for firing him?

i cannot verify this, but i was told bobby petrino has 3 testicles and shoots laser beams from his arse.

He also has a fourth. It is detached, and orbiting the other three. It acts as the control station for those laser beams.

If Jay hires Petrino, how can we be sure he won't repete what he did at Arky? we can't know for sure. That is too risky.

How can you be so sure that he would repeat what he did in Arkansas?

How can we be assured that Smart, Malzahn, or anyone won't bring embarassment to the university? We can't.

Do you think Penn St ever thought Paterno would bring such shame to their university? Tressel at Ohio St? Dye at Auburn?

i cannot verify this, but i was told bobby petrino has 3 testicles and shoots laser beams from his arse.

He also has a fourth. It is detached, and orbiting the other three. It acts as the control station for those laser beams.

i lol'd

Pics or.........

Heard this also. It's called the Deathsticle Star.

Heard this also. It's called the Deathsticle Star.

Is there an exhaust port? LMAO

How can we be assured that Smart, Malzahn, or anyone won't bring embarassment to the university? We can't.

Do you think Penn St ever thought Paterno would bring such shame to their university? Tressel at Ohio St? Dye at Auburn?

This has to be a joke. You cannot be putting Pat Dye in the same area code as what happened at PSU and OSU. Arguably the BIGGEST stretch of all time

If Jay hires Petrino, how can we be sure he won't repete what he did at Arky? we can't know for sure. That is too risky.

You don't know if he will repeat it. Would you say Petrino is a smart man? You can say that he is a smart man that is impulsive and I think that's fair. Smart men learn from mistakes. Auburn can hire him but just cover their butts in case he hasn't.

This has to be a joke. You cannot be putting Pat Dye in the same area code as what happened at PSU and OSU. Arguably the BIGGEST stretch of all time

We don't but with petrino you can almost guarantee he will.

How can you be so sure that he would repeat what he did in Arkansas?

perhaps its his history. he's left a 5

trail of misdeeds that a blind man could follow

We don't but with petrino you can almost guarantee he will.

And based on you being a human, I will almost guarantee that you will screw up many, many times before you die. What's your point o perfect, pure as the driven snow one?

He got a 35 minute phone interview. In other words, it was perfunctory and they never really gave him a legitimate opportunity to win the job.

Thanks for nothing JJ. Good grief I hate our leadership.

Archived