What will the difference

Shug2003

What do you think the difference will be with the AU/UGA game?

I think the critical difference will be who performs best---Jason Campbell or David Greene. Notwithstanding our stable of running backs, the QB execution and reads has to be the most important aspect of this game. The kicking game and special teams play will almost cetainly play another critical role in this fight.

What do you guys think about the DIFFERENCE between us and Ga.?

Both teams have a good offense, a good defense, talent at most positions, good WRs, good RBs, good coaching, good special teams. About as even as can be. This game, IMO, comes down to intangibles, like who wants it the most. UGA has no pressure other than most people are picking them to win (except the oddsmakers). AU is playing for national respectibility and acceptance. We've got all the pressure, but we've also got the most to gain from a win, that being a shot at the NC. I think AU will come into the game with the attitude that they will not be beaten, they will do what it takes to win, and in the end, they win.

I would beg to differ as to AU seeing a d as good as UGAs. LSU had good D at the beginning of the year. Maybe not as good as last year's team, but good D nonetheless. Our offense is playing much better than they did against LSU, so all in all, I'd say it equals out.

penalties must be held to a minimum. personal fouls and unsportsman like penalities must not occur for auburn or georgia to pull through this evenly matched game.

I think I read somewhere before the Ole Miss game that Auburn is the most penalized team in the SEC...that can't be good.

I also think an important key to an Auburn win is QB protection. Cambpell really hasn't had that much pressure on him this season and I'd hope that continues. I guess whether or not Ingle plays will be a big factor in that area...

I agree on QB play. I also think it will come down to the WR's. Both teams have good wide outs but are prone to drop the big ball.........WAR EALGE :au:

Penalties and field position. It seems like all the close games this year have involved some sort of penaty, valid or not.

The field position battle is really what helped us out in the LSU game. The crowd is going to be loud, and I don't see UGA being too consistant driving 80+ yards for the majority of their drives if the crowd is really into it.

AMEN brother! The pressure is on ME and US. WE must do OUR job. Be there EARLY and stay LATE.

Anyone that has a voice left on Saturday night has not done their best for AUBURN ! ! ! !

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

From what I've been reading, most people don't give us a chance to win this game. I've also sensed a little over-confidence from the UGA side. Most think that Campbell will not be able to withstand the beating their D is going to give him. They think our DBs can't contain their WRs and there is no way Pope can be covered by our LBs (not fast enough) or DBs (not big and smart enough). They are predicting that Pollack will have a huge day against our OL. They've beaten us two years in a row and fully expect to come to JH and have their way with us again. There seems to be no concern that we have as talented of a team as they do. They point to the LSU game for reasoning. They completely dominated LSU and we were lucky to win. There's no mention of the UT game where they lost and we completely dominated. One guy even said it was a fluke that we handled UT like we did, and then added we couldn't do it again.

I honestly think they have an over inflated ego due to the whipping they gave UK last weekend. Now they think they are going to come to JH and do the same thing to us. I've got news for them, AU has a little better team than UK does and will not go down easily!!!

This TEAM is NOT going to lose!

119971[/snapback]

TigerMom, I like your thinking. I, too, feel this team has the unity, will, attitude and talent to complete their goals. First was the SEC west. UGA is next and they are still hurting from the past two years. I've got a feeling we'll come out ahead.

:thumbsup::au::thumbsdown::uga:

If the Georgia players are having anywhere close the same feelings that the Georgia fans are, Saturday is going to be a very sad day in Bulldog Country!!!!!

Auburn plays lights out in the first half, and I don't think any team can come back from such a big drop in the first half if they aren't mentally prepared to come into our home and play us

If Georgia is ready though, then the fans need to be ready to make it impossible for them to function in J-H. This is how we can help our team and we have to do it on Saturday. MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE DAWGS!!!!!

HELL YEAH BABY!!!

I am getting soooo excited, I am ready, I am pumped, I WILL be loud!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE, BEAT UGA!!!!!

The health of Thomas Davis and the play of Odell Thurman

Though I won't really admit it, Davis is not 100% and Thurman has played terrible the last 2 games. If this continues, AU wins.....easily....without Davis our defense suffers incredibly. But, if they do play well, I think we stop AU quite well.

The health of Thomas Davis and the play of Odell Thurman

Though I won't really admit it, Davis is not 100% and Thurman has played terrible the last 2 games. If this continues, AU wins.....easily....without Davis our defense suffers incredibly. But, if they do play well, I think we stop AU quite well.

120023[/snapback]

Davis is a beast. I will not be sad at all if he is not in the line up Saturday.

We must play solid zone D behind well-timed blitzes. The UGA WR's have a tendancy to play timid if they are being hit hard. In the games that the UGA offense was doing well, the WR's were able to control the middle of the field. It could be a good day for our safeties.

Stopping the run on both sides without bringing up an extra defender will be huge for both teams.

My prediction:

UGA 23

AU 27

Archived