2013 4* RB/S/ATH Corn Elder (Miami signee)

ellitor

Anything new on Elder?

Want to play both basketball and Football. UCLA and Ohio St are the leaders but the Buckeyes are not offering in Basketball, his first love. CGM and CRL visited Tuesday. They impressed him and he is working to set up a visit to Auburn.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything new on Elder?

Want to play both basketball and Football. UCLA and Ohio St are the leaders but the Buckeyes are not offering in Basketball, his first love. CGM and CRL visited Tuesday. They impressed him and he is working to set up a visit to Auburn.

Elder wants to play hoops, so does DeRunnya Wilson, and Jeremy Johnson is the leading scorer on the #1 team in the state. Seems to me our football recruits are better at basketball than this year's basketball recruits!

Anything new on Elder?

Elder wants to play hoops, so does DeRunnya Wilson, and Jeremy Johnson is the leading scorer on the #1 team in the state. Seems to me our football recruits are better at basketball than this year's basketball recruits!

Don't know about that. Those recruits are starting to play very well and Price was hot before he got hurt.

Impressive video and yes he does look a lot like O-Mac. He could definately fill a role in the Malzahn offense. This kid has a great first step (burst) which is why O-Mac was so effective. We need a guy like that to hit the end on the sweep or at least make opposing defenses respect a fake hand-off, this helps open up the middle of the field. Mason and Reed along with several other AU players are plenty fast but O-Mac had the ability to hit the end like no one I've ever seen (except for BO!!).

Maybe S&C just needs to let some squirrels loose on the practice field? ;):laugh:

Impressive video and yes he does look a lot like O-Mac. He could definately fill a role in the Malzahn offense. This kid has a great first step (burst) which is why O-Mac was so effective. We need a guy like that to hit the end on the sweep or at least make opposing defenses respect a fake hand-off, this helps open up the middle of the field. Mason and Reed along with several other AU players are plenty fast but O-Mac had the ability to hit the end like no one I've ever seen (except for BO!!).

Maybe S&C just needs to let some squirrels loose on the practice field? ;)/> :laugh:/>

Hahaha...good one , or a Jack Russell

Maybe S&C just needs to let some squirrels loose on the practice field? ;)/> :laugh:/>

I don't really like AU's chances with Jack Russell, he is a bit overrated IMO. He's not exactly the PEDIGREE of running back we need under Malzahn's system. If he signed with AU, he's likely SIT the bench and STAY there for a while. According to some of his coaches, his BARK is significantly worse than his BITE.

Should I keep going?

Maybe S&C just needs to let some squirrels loose on the practice field? ;):laugh:

YES!

I wish someone could tell me why we would recruit a small, fast RB opposed to a big, fast RB. I swear I just don't get it!

When you miss out on the big fast one, you take the small fast one and claim that's what you were looking for all along. :)

I don't really like AU's chances with Jack Russell, he is a bit overrated IMO. He's not exactly the PEDIGREE of running back we need under Malzahn's system. If he signed with AU, he's likely SIT the bench and STAY there for a while. According to some of his coaches, his BARK is significantly worse than his BITE.

Should I keep going?

no, thanks.

Should I keep going?

no, thanks.

Duly noted.

Anything new on Elder?

Want to play both basketball and Football. UCLA and Ghio St are the leaders but the Buckeyes are not offering in Basketball, his first love. CGM and CRL visited Tuesday. They impressed him and he is working to set up ba visit to Auburn,

Don't know about that. Those recruits are starting to play very well and Price was hot before he got hurt.

I agree with you there, but I was referring to the 2013 class.

I wish someone could tell me why we would recruit a small, fast RB opposed to a big, fast RB. I swear I just don't get it!

When you miss out on the big fast one, you take the small fast one and claim that's what you were looking for all along. :)

I'm sorry I just couldn't let these dumb post go. Please tell me what top flight big and fast running back we should go after? Ty Isaac is the biggest of the "elite" recruits and he is 6'3 215. And the guys we are hardest after and will probably get atleast one; D. Green 6' 220, Ford 5-11 190, G. Bryant 5'11 197. CAP is 5'11 210 and he's already in. What 6'4 240lb monster that runs a sub 4.4 are we just looking the other way on? Fact is there aren't any.

When you miss out on the big fast one, you take the small fast one and claim that's what you were looking for all along. :)/>

I'm sorry I just couldn't let these dumb post go. Please tell me what top flight big and fast running back we should go after? Ty Isaac is the biggest of the "elite" recruits and he is 6'3 215. And the guys we are hardest after and will probably get atleast one; D. Green 6' 220, Ford 5-11 190, G. Bryant 5'11 197. CAP is 5'11 210 and he's already in. What 6'4 240lb monster that runs a sub 4.4 are we just looking the other way on? Fact is there aren't any.

Mikey was being a smartass...not dumb. He may straddle the line between the two occasionally but anyway...as for the sub 4.4 6'4 240 lb RB..Derrick Henry..5 star, 6'3 243 lb 4.52 40 RB and Bammer commit...all time HS football rushing leader...there's one who's close.

Corn will either visit Auburn or Ole Miss on Feb 1st.

Ole Miss already has 4 RBs in this class (including 1 that's already signed). That should help us with Elder I would think(?). And would Ole Miss even accept a commitment from a 5th RB?

Ole Miss already has 4 RBs in this class (including 1 that's already signed). That should help us with Elder I would think(?). And would Ole Miss even accept a commitment from a 5th RB?

Knowing Freeze he could accept him and drop some others.

Unless 1 or 2 of these guys are destined to play defense, this makes no sense...

When you miss out on the big fast one, you take the small fast one and claim that's what you were looking for all along. :)/>

Mikey was being a smartass...not dumb. He may straddle the line between the two occasionally but anyway...as for the sub 4.4 6'4 240 lb RB..Derrick Henry..5 star, 6'3 243 lb 4.52 40 RB and Bammer commit...all time HS football rushing leader...there's one who's close.

Yea I know mikey has been a turd in the punch bowl as of late. And Derrick Henry couldn't run a sub 4.6 to save his life. Even if they put a couple of big macs at the goal line. He'll more than likely move to TE or just be a goal line back. There is a reason you dont see too many RBs over 6'2. They have a hard time getting low and tend to run too tall.

People that understand the Gus system know what role Corn would play.

Gus will even use two backs at the same time. Remember Dyer and O'mac on the field at the same time?

Corn would play the O'mac role in the read option.

This is the guy I've always wanted to see us sign for this position. He is electric and has great film.

Something we desperately need for Gusball but don't currently have on our roster (since Jovon Robinson didn't qualify) is a RB that's both respected by defenses running from scrimmage AND catching the ball. I haven't seen anything one way or the other re Elder's catching ability (a couple catches are in his highlights), but does anybody know how he rates receiving?

Something we desperately need for Gusball but don't currently have on our roster (since Jovon Robinson didn't qualify) is a RB that's both respected by defenses running from scrimmage AND catching the ball. I haven't seen anything one way or the other re Elder's catching ability (a couple catches are in his highlights), but does anybody know how he rates receiving?

IMO we get that with CAP.

Archived