2013 5* CB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson signee)

AuburnWarVet

The Dareus twins were signed by Alabama out of Huffman with the understanding that one brother would not qualify. I think they got their value out of Marcel. We have the spots available to do this, and yes it is TOTALLY worth doing to get the #4 player in the country and a lockdown cornerback!

The signing rules have changed AGAIN since then. If the brother doesn't qualify, that scholarship counts against our 25 limit.

Thanks to the folks that whined and bitched so much about "oversigning" now our own damn conference has placed more limitations and scholatship restrictions on the SEC. Someone please tell me who gets the short end of the stick now that the SEC can only sign 350 football athletes a year? There are talented athletes that want to play in the best conference in the country, they want to play for the best coaches in the country - and there's only room for 25 per team per year now. :angry:

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Free from Bryan Matthews

I do think Auburn will eventually offer Mackenro Alexander but can't say that for sure yet.

Free from Bryan Matthews

I do think Auburn will eventually offer Mackenro Alexander but can't say that for sure yet.

Shhhhh...I heard that as well but was told to keep my trap shut so to speak. I think the academic thing is being looked at. (i.e. Prep Schools etc.) Just want to have things in order.

Free from Bryan Matthews

Shhhhh...I heard that as well but was told to keep my trap shut so to speak. I think the academic thing is being looked at. (i.e. Prep Schools etc.) Just want to have things in order.

Not hush hush when Bryan makes it public. lol

We'll probably have enough slots available to waste one this year. We now have filled 15 slots filled if all of our committed players stick and we can go to 28. The problem is, under ther SEC's rules if he fails to qualify his slot gone forever. (Annual 25 limit,not the overall 85 limit)

We'll probably have enough slots available to waste one this year. We now have filled 15 slots filled if all of our committed players stick and we can go to 28. The problem is, under ther SEC's rules if he fails to qualify his slot gone forever. (Annual 25 limit,not the overall 85 limit)

Part of t the coaches figuring out if they will offer MaxKenro is figuring out if he does not qualify what is the probability he will qualify after a semester of Prep school. If he can qualify next January after a semester of prep then he would keep his 2013 counter status for this class if he is offered and signed.

Another free post from Bryan on the brothers

I think Mackensie and his brother will probably visit Auburn one of the last two weekends. He's supposed to visit Mississippi State this weekend although all visit plans are subject to change. I don't think it necessarily matters when Auburn offers Mackenro, but if. Of course, they probably need to get it done before Mackensie finishes all his visits.

So do you guys think he is ours if we offer his brother?

At this point nobody is ours except for the 12 current hard commits.

And of the twelve 3 are EE's so only 9 at present hard commits toward our 25

And of the twelve 3 are EE's so only 9 at present hard commits toward our 25

True.

I still think signing Mackenro even if he doesn't qualify is a good idea. If we sign and place him in JUCO and he progresses well it could benefit it

I still think signing Mackenro even if he doesn't qualify is a good idea. If we sign and place him in JUCO and he progresses well it could benefit it

I think that's right. Considering the benefits and all the slots we have, I think it's worth taking the chance. The kid can play too.

No. Clemson and A&M will be tough to beat. If they offered his brother they would likely land both.

How many people are going to sign with A&M, they have enough recruits to field two teams with the same depth that AU, UGA, and UT have.

Part of t the coaches figuring out if they will offer MaxKenro is figuring out if he does not qualify what is the probability he will qualify after a semester of Prep school. If he can qualify next January after a semester of prep then he would keep his 2013 counter status for this class if he is offered and signed.

That is correct, ala Ja'Quay Williams.

How many people are going to sign with A&M, they have enough recruits to field two teams with the same depth that AU, UGA, and UT have.

They can sign 31

They can sign 31

And they are the shiny new toy this year.

Looks like he has commited to Miss St.

Steve Robertson@ScoutSteveR

Immokalee, FL four star CB Mackensie Alexander reports that has committed to Mississippi State. Full story later in the weekend.

He really liked Auburn but we never offered his brother who is still a questionable qualifier. MSU offered both.

Yup. If we do to then we can still be in it.

Archived