2013 5* CB Mackensie Alexander (Clemson signee)

AuburnWarVet

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am 100% sure there is a 50/50 chance every player signs with Auburn.

EVERY player..including tom brady and even adrian peterson at this point..

I dont think ol' Tom has predicted anyone to sign with AU in 2 seasons now. I will enjoy reading the recaps of his statements after signing day.....again

I honestly dont get the warm and fuzzy feeling over this kid and his brother. Clemson or a Miss school are more likely to take on the "package" deal.

Ol' Tom might not predict anyone to come to Auburn, but he always sings the praises of our recruits and staff when we get them. I remember he was incredibly high on Ricardo Louis last year, and always mentioned what a great recruit Auburn got. He might not be good on predicting who will go where, but I value his opinion when it comes to evaluations. He's a nice guy.

I dont think ol' Tom has predicted anyone to sign with AU in 2 seasons now. I will enjoy reading the recaps of his statements after signing day.....again

I honestly dont get the warm and fuzzy feeling over this kid and his brother. Clemson or a Miss school are more likely to take on the "package" deal.

Ol' Tom might not predict anyone to come to Auburn, but he always sings the praises of our recruits and staff when we get them. I remember he was incredibly high on Ricardo Louis last year, and always mentioned what a great recruit Auburn got. He might not be good on predicting who will go where, but I value his opinion when it comes to evaluations. He's a nice guy.

This.

This.

I agree he does not "hate" on AU during recruiting. I remember the praises after we sign them. Just pointing out that we should not go crazy when Tom predicts a guy to go elsewhere - or for that matter when he thinks a guy may sign with us. Evaluations are definitely his strong suit.

9. MacKensie Alexander, CB

Teams: Auburn, Clemson and Miss State

Buzz: Alexander has kept his information quiet for most of his recruitment, but it looks like the top two teams are Auburn and Clemson, with MSU having an outside shot at landing him. I’m going with Auburn here.

A little part of an article off SDS http://www.saturdayd...g-battles-2013/

So do you think he would start right away, or do you think he would be more of a mid-season challenger? The guy has some real talent, no doubt, but do you think he can beat out our current roster right off?

Was Carlos Rogers the last true Freshman that started day one at CB? (And did he actually start from the jump?)

I would expect him to contribute but not start right away. Kind of the Chris Davis, J Holsey model.

Was Carlos Rogers the last true Freshman that started day one at CB? (And did he actually start from the jump?)

I would expect him to contribute but not start right away. Kind of the Chris Davis, J Holsey model.

Carlos Rogers was a prep school guy, so he did have an extra year on somebody coming straight from high school. Yep, Carlos was another one of those disasterous "non qualifier" guys signed by that sorry Tuberville! :)

Rogers chose us over UGA bc we were letting him go the prep route and they wanted him to go the JUCO route. He didn't want to miss 2 years. As good as Carlos was and as good as UGAs defense was during the early 2000's, he would have been successful at either school.

Greg Auman is the USF sports writer for the Tampa Bay Times 1/31

Greg Auman@gregauman

Immokalee High DC Israel Gallegos says four-star CB Mackensie Alexander told him today he isn't making any more visits before deciding.

Does this mean we blew him away and he doesnt think its necessary to visit anywhere else as he already knows he is coming here?(a man can dream)

Greg Auman is the USF sports writer for the Tampa Bay Times 1/31

Greg Auman@gregauman

Immokalee High DC Israel Gallegos says four-star CB Mackensie Alexander told him today he isn't making any more visits before deciding.

Does this mean we blew him away and he doesnt think its necessary to visit anywhere else as he already knows he is coming here?(a man can dream)

Sleep good....at least for one night....tomorrow brings a new day

Archived