Staff Coming Apart At Bammer?

Weegle777

Another staff member gone. This time to Tennessee.

Tennessee: Alabama recruiting assistant JR Sandlin has accepted a recruiting position with Tennessee.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tennessee: Alabama recruiting assistant JR Sandlin has accepted a recruiting position with Tennessee.

What has been the normal coaching staff turnover at UAT the last few years? Knowing that would be a good indicator if something is up, or assist coaches are just looking to move up somewhere else.

Saban to Cleveland after the game.

I've read this a lot lately. Does anyone have any concrete evidence or are people shooting in the dark? You obviously can't take him for his word. The only thing that makes me think it's possible is that he has spoken about the Miami Dolphins lately. Hasn't done it before. Could be a coincidence due to having a game down there. Then again he has had bowl games down there since and didn't mention it.

I have a friend up in the Ohio area who claims that Saban to Cleveland is a done deal and will be announced on January 8, 2013. I for one think he stays at Bama. We'll see who's right in 3 weeks.

Why would they announce the day before the title game? That makes absolutely no sense. I don't believe even dirty ol' Saban would allow that.

The BCSNCG is Jan. 7th.

Why would they announce the day before the title game? That makes absolutely no sense. I don't believe even dirty ol' Saban would allow that.

Bottomfeeder, AURandy said his friend told him they would announce it on Jan 8th, the title game is on the 7th.

The BCSNCG is Jan. 7th.

Oops, beat me to it ;D

Wow if its for real, Smart better be ready, cause Bama would be scrambling for coaches that late.

Wow if its for real, Smart better be ready, cause Bama would be scrambling for coaches that late.

You know, the fact that Kirby Smart is not budging may be telling us that he knows something about Saban to Cleveland.

You know, the fact that Kirby Smart is not budging may be telling us that he knows something about Saban to Cleveland.

I agree. Kirby Smart has been VERY quiet since he interviewed with us, WAY too quiet in my opinion. I think he knows he's getting the Bama job and Saban apologizing to the Dolphin and NFL last week are all positive indicators that he will leave this year.

No offense, but you realize that this guy's position is basically as an assistant who gathers film and edits prospect tapes, right? He's not an on-field coach, he is a recruiting "assistant". To state that the staff is falling apart because an off-field assistant left for another job is an absolutely monumental push.

The guy is a glorified secretary. Responsibilities include setting up visits, organizing travel for coaches on recruiting trips, etc.

No offense, but you realize that this guy's position is basically as an assistant who gathers film and edits prospect tapes, right? He's not an on-field coach, he is a recruiting "assistant". To state that the staff is falling apart because an off-field assistant left for another job is an absolutely monumental push.

The guy is a glorified secretary. Responsibilities include setting up visits, organizing travel for coaches on recruiting trips, etc.

No offense taken.

I think he is gone due to all the discussion, even from Saban and Mrs. Saban, about the rumor. The previous Saban to XXX Team rumors often gather no comment or maybe a brief passing comment, but this one is garnering quite a it of attention....just like when bammer hired him from Miami.

You got to have a feelin that all the success Pete Carroll is having at Seattle is eating him alive inside.

You got to have a feelin that all the success Pete Carroll is having at Seattle is eating him alive inside.

And we know he values Pete's opinion.

5d0f1635.jpg

I have no idea if he will leave. I would love to be in Alabama if he does. The meltdown will be monumental. Please send him out a loser ND. It will not make up for our horrible season, but it would be a great start to the new year from where I sit.

5d0f1635.jpg

It looks like one is playing pocket pool and the other is about to smell his own hands.

5d0f1635.jpg

Obviously...since he is having to cover his excited nips. Lol.

Archived