Great effort in Columbia

Builder

we had a grand total of 1 road win last year. 2 this year with a close loss in chicago. although we cant do it, our team would now win some of those early season losses. this doesnt look like the same team. multiple people stepping up in different areas.

although chubb wont be a lottery pick, he is a serviceable big guy and plays with grit. if ADT plays with that kind of physicality and grit, then his minutes would sky rocket.

did i see in the box score that frankie played 40 minutes tonight?

Was in Columbia today. Seemed to be a lot of empty seats. Great road win.

Referees wore out their whistles which killed the flow of the game. Too many ticky tack calls.

Chubb was key inside otherwise we have no presence and weaker rebounding. Greene Jr was big. Frankie played well.

However we seemed to miss a lot of freebies (outside of Chubb).

Also I noticed they played a couple of 6'5" guys in the post most of the game and outrebounded us significantly for the game. Hope that doesn't become a bigger problem as we play against larger front lines.

I haven't had a chance to watch our two SEC games, but I'm looking forward to watching a competitive Auburn basketball team on Wednesday in Fayetteville.

How long until Price and Denson are back?

I had the opportunity to attend the game today. As others have said, officiating was poor with calls for little things while allowing a very physical game. Reported attendance was over 9,000 but the arena seats about 18,000. They have a student section but there were not very many in attendance. Chubb got more aggressive as the game went along and he was clutch around the basket in the last 5 minutes. While the team shot 58.5% (24-41) overall, they shot 69.6% (16-23) inside the 3 point line. It is so much fun to see a team that can actually make shots after some of the ones over the last few years. The two glaring issues were free throws and rebounding but I'm sure they are working on this every day. All in all, fun game. WDE

I'm sure Barbee is working on that because it's such a glaring weakness.

http://www.auburntigers.com/allaccess/?media=361897

favorite quote:

Barbee - "at the end of the day who helped us ... EVERYBODY!"

Great team win. Newbies adt (although low minutes), Shaq and Greene all provide some quality ... Including price that is a pretty productive new class

I haven't had a chance to watch our two SEC games, but I'm looking forward to watching a competitive Auburn basketball team on Wednesday in Fayetteville.

I believe mid-Feb for both.

I believe mid-Feb for both.

Hopefully good news: Hokanson tweeted earlier that both of them are looking at returning in 1-2 weeks (so, late January/early February).

Archived